Gophers game against Wisconsin on Nov. 25 will be at either 2:30 or 2:45 p.m. CT

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

No surprise here. Not a bad run this year with only 2 home games with 11am start times!

When was the last time Wisconsin-Minnesota was at 11am? 2009? I remember that game very well as it was early October and it was cool and rainy. Marcus Sherels had an 80 year fumble recovery and I thought that would be the day to finally beat Wisconsin but we all know how that ended.

That was the same weekend the Twins closed out the Metrodome and Favre and the Vikings hosted the Packers played MNF at the Dome.
Then we had the Tigers-Twins game 163 on Tuesday night.

No surprise here. Not a bad run this year with only 2 home games with 11am start times!

When was the last time Wisconsin-Minnesota was at 11am? 2009? I remember that game very well as it was early October and it was cool and rainy. Marcus Sherels had an 80 year fumble recovery and I thought that would be the day to finally beat Wisconsin but we all know how that ended.

That was the same weekend the Twins closed out the Metrodome and Favre and the Vikings hosted the Packers played MNF at the Dome.
Then we had the Tigers-Twins game 163 on Tuesday night.

I remember two years ago at TCF when we had a pick-6 on the first throw of Wisconsin's first drive. Never seen the stadium so excited, I was convinced that was the year, and we all know how that one went as well :(

Man, a win over Wiscy will be epic. Pipe dreams...

I'm calling of a repeat of 1993 when an awful Gopher team was the only loss for Wisconsin.
Make it happen PJ.

I remember two years ago at TCF when we had a pick-6 on the first throw of Wisconsin's first drive. Never seen the stadium so excited, I was convinced that was the year, and we all know how that one went as well :(

Yep, Glory Days ... ah ... glory moment? Have to admit when Smith scored the opening TD against Nebraska, I had a flashback to that game. Can still see those linemen pulling and that back just rolling through us.

I'm calling of a repeat of 1993 when an awful Gopher team was the only loss for Wisconsin.
Make it happen PJ.

That was an amazing game - Jim Wacker's highlight - Badger fans in the concourse at halftime could not believe what they were seeing, as Gophers were up 21-7 or so. Badgers made a big comeback in the second half, but still lost, 28-21. Gopher stars of the game were RB Chris Darkins and WR Omar Douglas. There was also a dramatic fumble return, but can't remember who did it for us. Wisconsin tied Ohio State for the conference title and won in the Rose Bowl. As you say, their only loss was to the Gophers.

Make it happen PJ.

I fully realize the following is blasphemy:

Wisconsin is the Big Ten's last hope for the playoff this year. Sad, but true

I fully realize the following is blasphemy:

Wisconsin is the Big Ten's last hope for the playoff this year. Sad, but true

Fully realizing this is the case, I sincerely hope there are no B1G teams in the playoff this year.

Jeff Rosga ran back an interception for a TD in that 1993 game, one of five INTs that Darrell Bevell served up. Best time I've ever had at a Gopher football game. Wisconsin outgained the Gophers 605-385 and managed to lose.

As has been the case the last Wisconsin visit, I am going to have to miss this one due to my son's hockey game. I hate missing home games. After this season I will have only missed 2.5 Gopher games in TCF Bank Stadium history - all for the same reason.

I hate the ambiguity here, I wish they would tell us which time the kickoff is between the two as I have to plan my day and its hard not knowing specifically. :p

Afternoon gametime slots still look fairly wide open, for whatever reason. http://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/13

Assuming the Arizona game will be evening or late and assuming CBS has the Alabama game. Wonder if they're waiting for ND-Stanford to pick a time? ND probably hates having to go out west and play a night game, super late return.

So long as this game is on the same day as Michigan-Ohio State, it will be 2:30 PM.

As has been the case the last Wisconsin visit, I am going to have to miss this one due to my son's hockey game. I hate missing home games. After this season I will have only missed 2.5 Gopher games in TCF Bank Stadium history - all for the same reason.

I am with you Schnauzer. Sucks but what can one do???

Mrs Bayfield and I were at that game in Madtown when the lowly Gophers upset Becky back in 93.... Plus many others. We seldom missed a Gopher game in Madtown.

Now with one more week added on to the BIG schedule we can not take in the Becky game as it falls on T-Day weekend. This is a big family weekend with our kids and something that we won't give up.

But we make the best of it and itsfFun to watch the game on TV together but nothing like being there.

Gophers get a W at NU this weekend and Becky better beware.

That was the game that was like -20 right?

'93 game was in the Dome. Odd-numbered years in MN, even-numbered years in WI.

I was in college at this time.
I was a big gopher fan.
My roommate was a big Badger fan.

I had a jersey / hat curse.
Whatever hat or jersey I would buy at the time, that team would plummet. I told him about this earlier.

He was getting excited about the badgers / Rose Bowl / National Title, etc.

I told him the Friday before that I was going to buy a Badgers hat on the way home.
He said, don't do it.

I picked one up over the weekend, so when we arrived on campus that Sunday night, I greeted him, proudly wearing my badger hat and laughing.
He didn't find it as funny as I did.

I thought about that with the Neb game this year ok don't get ahead of ourselves here...

That was an amazing game - Jim Wacker's highlight - Badger fans in the concourse at halftime could not believe what they were seeing, as Gophers were up 21-7 or so. Badgers made a big comeback in the second half, but still lost, 28-21. Gopher stars of the game were RB Chris Darkins and WR Omar Douglas. There was also a dramatic fumble return, but can't remember who did it for us. Wisconsin tied Ohio State for the conference title and won in the Rose Bowl. As you say, their only loss was to the Gophers.[/QUOIt
It was such a crazy game! Scott Eckers and Darrell Bevell combined for NINE interceptions! Jeff Rosga had a pick six for the Gophers to make it 21-0 for Minnesota at halftime. With the score 21-14 in the fourth quarter, Rishon Early made the play of his career. He took a short pass and ran about 80 yards to set up a short run by Darkins to make it 28-14. The Badgers scored again but the Gophers managed to hold on, despite giving up 600+ yards of offense to the Badgers!

Top Bottom