Gophers 3.5 point 'dogs to Providence

EG#9

Reaction score
I was surprised to see this, but maybe I shouldn't have been? I certainly expected a tough game, but I didn't expect it to be an upset if the Gophers won. This should be a nice test, hope the Gophers can pass it.

looks like most people have Providence right outside the top 25. Should be a booster come tournament time if we can pull off the win. Should learn a lot about the team

I was surprised to see this, but maybe I shouldn't have been? I certainly expected a tough game, but I didn't expect it to be an upset if the Gophers won. This should be a nice test, hope the Gophers can pass it.

The value of home court advantage. Perhaps more surprising is scheduling a strong opponent on the road the second game of the year. How soon in advance are these early games scheduled? Was this just last year or a couple years ago?

The value of home court advantage. Perhaps more surprising is scheduling a strong opponent on the road the second game of the year. How soon in advance are these early games scheduled? Was this just last year or a couple years ago?
This is a gavitt tipoff game (big 10 vs. Big East) scheduled by the conference in the off-season.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Typically homecourt is worth five points. We'd be around 7.5 at home, probably favored by 2, 2.5 on a neutral floor

It will be a nice test. The Friars have nice size and experience. It appears that they have three excellent guards. You can bet they will bring their A game against a 15th ranked team in their home court.

The Gophers needs to elevate their perimeter shooting, three-pointers in particular. The interior match up will be a challenge. They have size. If the Gophers are unable to defend the Friars the three-point shooting of forward Bullock, and guards Cartwright and Jackson, it will be a long trip back to Minneapolis.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/roster/_/id/2507/providence-friars

Typically homecourt is worth five points. We'd be around 7.5 at home, probably favored by 2, 2.5 on a neutral floor

Home court is worth 4 usually and 2-2.5 for crappier teams. You’re close, but we’d be probably 3.5 or 4 point favorites at home.

Sagarin, KenPom, TeamRankings has the teams pretty even so this is exactly where it should be since the lines generally fall in line with those.

There is actually a slight human element to those at times. We’re ranked in the 30s in all 3 and I think we’ve been given an extra point since we should probably be in the 20s.

Emmit Holt ruled out for Providence

Was their second leading scorer last year and averaged 12.5 PPG and over 5 RPG. IU transfer I think.

Jalen Lindsay who was their 4th leading scorer last year, averaged 10.4 PPG and over 4 RPG, did not play in the season opener either because of his knee. Don't know if he'll play or not.

If two of PC's top scorers from last year are out than I'm feeling better about this game than before. I don't know if we should be underdogs with both those guys out.

Yeah, if Providence is missing these guys, I’m not agreeing with that line. It doesn’t seem readily available on my app. A few places mention it but it’s not posted. Probably waiting on those guys.

Just took the Gophers straight up at +140 as they were 2 point dogs when I bet..bovada must not have adjusted it yet

Just took the Gophers straight up at +140 as they were 2 point dogs when I bet..bovada must not have adjusted it yet

I think that’s the adjustment. Holt is worth 1.5 or 2 points. -3.5 down to -1.5/-2.

I think that’s the adjustment. Holt is worth 1.5 or 2 points. -3.5 down to -1.5/-2.

Is that all it moved? I just figured with Holt out and the status of their other guard in the air it would move more. Good line imo even though we didn't look too hot against Upstate

About as nervous as a fan can be just 1 game into the season. Would be great to get a nice road win this early. Start building that resume.

Especially important because the Gophers only have 4 opportunities to do so. Need to split the 4 biggies, at minimum.

Laying 2-3 point in the Gophers looks good in theory. But, betting a one possession spread on the underdog side feels like bad news. A game within one possession seems to have a tendency to end in fouling and free throws. Just makes me lean towards betting the line on the underdog.

Minnesota wins this game outright.

Laying 2-3 point in the Gophers looks good in theory. But, betting a one possession spread on the underdog side feels like bad news. A game within one possession seems to have a tendency to end in fouling and free throws. Just makes me lean towards betting the line on the underdog.

Nice work.

Parlayed Minn outright with Central Mich to cover vs Mich plus the Cavs to win. Was a nice take tonight

Top Bottom