Week 12 Bowl Projections Thread

Forget about all the bowl projections. IMHO, the Gopher need to upset one of the remaining teams.

If it is Wisconsin, it will be a 9.0 on the Richter scale in terms of bowl eligibiity and selection. I know I am dreaming. Somebody needs to wake me up.

Forget about all the bowl projections. IMHO, the Gopher need to upset one of the remaining teams.

If it is Wisconsin, it will be a 9.0 on the Richter scale in terms of bowl eligibiity and selection. I know I am dreaming. Somebody needs to wake me up.

Not really. I think CBS is looking at all the 6 win team are going to bowls and they are looking at the high APR 5 win teams to fill the rest.

If the Gophers end up making it with 5 wins and get Stanford in Santa Clara - I think that would be a best-case situation for our boat rowers.

If the Gophers end up making it with 5 wins and get Stanford in Santa Clara - I think that would be a best-case situation for our boat rowers.
That would be a best case scenario.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That would be a great bowl, both a fun setting to visit for fans, and a great team/program to play against.

Stanford is going to a better bowl than the Foster Farms Bowl.

The Pac-12 has garbage bowl tie-ins. USC is the favorite to win the league and go to a NYD6 game, and the Alamo Bowl will probably take the Apple Cup winner. Then it's the Holiday Bowl, and if Arizona wins at Oregon and Arizona State to finish 9-3 with a possible Heisman finalist, they would be very attractive. Stanford has never been to the Holiday, so that works to their benefit.

I would hate to see what Bryce Love would do to the run defense.

I can think of 2 California QB recruits who PJ can drop in on while on the West Coast.

Not really. I think CBS is looking at all the 6 win team are going to bowls and they are looking at the high APR 5 win teams to fill the rest.

Correct. Jerry Palm actually predicts the results of each remaining game and then plugs teams into bowls. He currently has 76 teams finishing with 6+ wins with the Gophers being one of two 5-7 teams needed to fill bowl spots.

Now, of course Jerry Palm could be wrong in his predictions and we could end up with 78 teams with 6+ wins. Face the Facts has laid out the probabilities for this and all other scenarios in the other thread on this topic. It's quite interesting!

The Pac-12 has garbage bowl tie-ins. USC is the favorite to win the league and go to a NYD6 game, and the Alamo Bowl will probably take the Apple Cup winner. Then it's the Holiday Bowl, and if Arizona wins at Oregon and Arizona State to finish 9-3 with a possible Heisman finalist, they would be very attractive. Stanford has never been to the Holiday, so that works to their benefit.

I'd say there is an excellent chance that Stanford is the North's representative in the PAC-12 championship game given they are playing Cal, beat Washington, and Washington's last two games are at home. It would be hard to imagine a division winner going to a bowl that low in the pecking order.

I'd say there is an excellent chance that Stanford is the North's representative in the PAC-12 championship game given they are playing Cal, beat Washington, and Washington's last two games are at home. It would be hard to imagine a division winner going to a bowl that low in the pecking order.

I agree that it would seem odd, but given where the other teams in the conference would be, it's more likely than not. Stanford would have four losses (five, if they fall to Notre Dame). UW would be 10-2 and Arizona 9-3. Wazzu would also be sitting there at 9-3, and it wouldn't be crazy to think they'd go to the FF Bowl ahead of Stanford, which only drew 34,000 to that game in 2014.

Larry Scott has done a really poor job of lining up better bowl games for the Pac-12, and it will be glaring if the conference champ is the only team to reach a NYD6 game this year.

One other thing is that Stanford was at the FF Bowl for the 2014 season. Bowls usually like to cycle through teams without repeats for 5+ years, if possible.

Have a feeling it might be Washington instead. Again, not a bad matchup!

As far as the PAC goes, I think they'll have bowl games in the new NFL stadiums in LA and Las Vegas in the future. That being in addition to the Holiday Bowl and sometimes Rose Bowl. Wouldn't mind sending a Big Ten team to Las Vegas instead of the Dallas bowl or the Detroit bowl.

For those interested, here is a nice list of bowl game slots for each conf: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bids_to_college_bowl_games

Stanford's band offends me.

Don't know if gophernut is being sarcastic or serious. The Stanford band is/was awesome; one of the last bastions of non-PC humor in higher education. (Similar crazy, rude and obnoxious half-time shows by some of the Ivy League bands were nixed by administrations a few decades ago.)

Top Bottom