Omaha World Herald: P.J. Fleck's energy works

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Omaha World Herald:

2. Some of us poke fun at Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck’s energy and “Row the Boat” mantra. But at least it’s a plan, a way of football. Whenever Minnesota forced a fourth down, the Gopher defenders all held up four fingers in unison. They sprinted to the other end of the field at the end of the third quarter. They also executed plays, simple plays, and ran hard. The Gophers were 4-5, too, but they played like they cared. Maybe there’s something to it. I still think the “Row the Boat” thing is hokey.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/...cle_883fc3ce-c73b-11e7-957a-0787424a862f.html

Go Gophers!!

It's all psychological I guess.

If you're getting your butt kicked and at the end of a quarter you see the other team dash past you, it might annoy you some.
If it annoys you, you are thinking less about football.

But something for sportswriters to write about.

I noticed Atlanta using their fists today as well.

Interesting take by the writer. Last week, I read here at GH that it was one of the things that Fleck was wasting valuable practice time by teaching......

I don't know who to believe anymore.

It's all psychological I guess.

If you're getting your butt kicked and at the end of a quarter you see the other team dash past you, it might annoy you some.
If it annoys you, you are thinking less about football.

But something for sportswriters to write about.

When Michigan was doing the butt kicking and they saw us dash past them at the end of the quarter, I don't think they were annoyed.
They probably thought, why not use that energy to try and stop us once.
It can go both ways. This past week vs. Neb. it did look awesome.

When Michigan was doing the butt kicking and they saw us dash past them at the end of the quarter, I don't think they were annoyed.
They probably thought, why not use that energy to try and stop us once.
It can go both ways. This past week vs. Neb. it did look awesome.

I really don't think this is meant to have an effect on the other team in a good or bad way. Just one of the things he does and like most things some will love it and some will hate it.

Top Bottom