Husker fans at TCF voice displeasure with Nebraska's Performance & Notes: Omaha.com

Iceland12

Reaction score
Husker fans at TCF voice displeasure with Nebraska's Performance & Notes: Omaha.com

- some unsolicited and perhaps beer-assisted suggestions from traveling Husker fans were lobbed the Huskers’ direction.

Some of the fans were upset that Huskers coaches — specifically defensive line coach John Parrella and linebackers coach Trent Bray — weren’t yelling at their charges after each defensive series.

But yelling has never been the style of any of the coaches on the NU staff — at least not on the sidelines during games. When they weren’t getting satisfaction from the coaches, some fans in red started barking at the players.

One yelled, “Give me your helmet, I can do better than that.” A couple of players flashed glances of disbelief before completely tuning fans out. By the time the score reached 47-14, those fans, and a few others dressed in red, had left the stadium...

- One tough gopher

As is the case at every Minnesota home game, Goldy the Gopher was omnipresent and clad in different outfits throughout the game.

Before the game the longtime mascot spent time mugging for photos with fans. A few children also took up some of the Gopher’s time, tackling him and giggling the entire time.

Goldy also made the kids laugh when he would turn his mascot head completely around — think Eric Crouch when he had his face mask grabbed and twisted by Travis Ochs in a 1998 game against Kansas State — and have the kids pose for pictures with him in his altered state...

Goldy also was one tired rodent by the end of the game. After each score Minnesota students count out the number of points their team has scored, and Goldy does a pushup for each one. His final total — 275 — after Minnesota’s point totals landed on 7, 13, 20, 27, 30, 37, 40, 47 and 54.

- Fan count

Despite Nebraska’s struggles this season there was a strong showing of Husker fans.

An estimated 8,000 in red were on hand to witness one of the Huskers’ most lopsided road losses since joining the Big Ten. Minnesota fans left thousands of seats vacant, most noticeably in the upper levels of the east stadium.

Pockets of empty seats were noticeable on the north and south sides as well. The west end of the stadium, where the big screen replay board is, had most of its seats filled but there are only seven sections that go about 12 rows deep.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_17b32dd8-c71f-11e7-9533-1b9477b040fb.html

Good grief ... just can’t help themselves from throwing at least one reference to the 1990’s in there.

Welcome to 2017 Huskers fans ... your program is the farthest thing from nationally relevant that there is. Iowa St is more recognized around the country this year. Enjoy the 1990’s.

It seems that beer consumption was high for this game. I enjoyed a beer in the third quarter and the kiosk i went to was out of two varieties.

Top Bottom