Northwestern kickoff at 11 AM?

Glen mason just tweeted out that he’s announcing the game next sat at 11am

That helps the Gophers. Just think how rowdy and raucous the NW fans would be later in the day. They better work on silent counts anyway just to be safe.

That helps the Gophers. Just think how rowdy and raucous the NW fans would be later in the day. They better work on silent counts anyway just to be safe.

You can be right in the middle of that excitement. 50-yard line tickets for $17 and 35-yard line for $8 on stub hub now. That stadium will be rocking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can be right in the middle of that excitement. 50-yard line tickets for $17 and 35-yard line for $8 on stub hub now. That stadium will be rocking!

I'll be there! Secured my $10 seats at the 35 yard line in like September. Lucky I did too, as clearly the great, 7 win season NW is having has impacted ticket prices. Wait...

I'll be there! Secured my $10 seats at the 35 yard line in like September. Lucky I did too, as clearly the great, 7 win season NW is having has impacted ticket prices. Wait...

Nice job! I have made the trip a few times - always the best seats I have. If you aren't gonna pay for great seats there, you'll never have them. I paid $125 for goal-line seats in Ann Arbor as a frame of reference.
Enjoy the trip!

Wait until 5 minutes before kickoff and those same seats on the 50 will be $5 apiece from a scalper. You can spend the balance of your savings at Mustard's Last Stand.

Two teams accustomed to playing in tiny, half-filled stadiums. Great match-up!

Man ... couple that with some Spirit air no-bags tickets bought at the airport (saves $19 each way!), and couch surfing .... you could legit do the whole thing (minus bar/food expenses) for $50!

Man ... couple that with some Spirit air no-bags tickets bought at the airport (saves $19 each way!), and couch surfing .... you could legit do the whole thing (minus bar/food expenses) for $50!
You can buy airfare for $40? Do you have to ride in the cargo hold?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Well, I think you'd have to catch the deal at the right time ... but I would not be surprised if you can get a Spirit ticket from MSP to Chicago for $40 each way .... then you use the trick of buying it at the airport to save $19 each way. Granted, most people won't go to that trouble to save a few bucks ... but was just saying.

Well, I think you'd have to catch the deal at the right time ... but I would not be surprised if you can get a Spirit ticket from MSP to Chicago for $40 each way .... then you use the trick of buying it at the airport to save $19 each way. Granted, most people won't go to that trouble to save a few bucks ... but was just saying.
$80 RT to Chicago is fairly common even on airlines that allow carry-ons.. I thought you meant $40 RT.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Well what I’m saying is that you can then save that $40 back with the “trick” about bypassing Spirit’s fees by purchasing the ticket at the airport. But anyway, not a big deal

I'll be there. Just bought 6 tickets yesterday for $6 each...

Think about that. A B1G game for $6. Wow.

Went there last time we played them in Evanston. Makes sense, it was their homecoming and it still was less than half full. Plus the parking situation around their stadium is the worst I've seen so far in the Big 10.

Went there last time we played them in Evanston. Makes sense, it was their homecoming and it still was less than half full. Plus the parking situation around their stadium is the worst I've seen so far in the Big 10.

How do you mean? We went a couple years ago and got a free spot with a free shuttle to the game at an official NW lot. And you could tailgate in it. It's like they were begging people to go to the game. When we were taking the shuttle we went past some of the pay lots (that were like $10 or $20 right by the stadium) and they all had spots. Even though I knew there weren't a ton of fans, I was stunned how easy it was to get parking, especially at a free lot.

How do you mean? We went a couple years ago and got a free spot with a free shuttle to the game at an official NW lot. And you could tailgate in it. It's like they were begging people to go to the game. When we were taking the shuttle we went past some of the pay lots (that were like $10 or $20 right by the stadium) and they all had spots. Even though I knew there weren't a ton of fans, I was stunned how easy it was to get parking, especially at a free lot.

I guess I should have clarified a bit. I meant by distance from the stadium, but it was a long day, and maybe we were just unlucky. It seemed like there was very little parking within a reasonable walking distance of the stadium.

Would love to go to a Gopher game in Chicago, but once again outside influences (work and family) are preventing it.

Is it pretty easy to get up there on public transportation from anywhere around N side of downtown? Or you guys usually stay up there? Or Uber it up?

Is it pretty easy to get up there on public transportation from anywhere around N side of downtown? Or you guys usually stay up there? Or Uber it up?

CTA Purple Line goes within a few blocks of the Welsh Ryan (Dyche) Stadium. You just need to connect from Red Line

I guess I should have clarified a bit. I meant by distance from the stadium, but it was a long day, and maybe we were just unlucky. It seemed like there was very little parking within a reasonable walking distance of the stadium.

If you bypass tailgating you can park free on the streets of Wilmette (which borders the north boundary of Evanston where Ryan Field is) and walk a few blocks to the stadium. It's super fast and easy.

Top Bottom