Shooter: Gophers averaging 49 more spectators per game than last year

A 5 win PJ Fleck team is still more exciting than a 9 win Tracey Clayes team.

Arguing attendance is fun because everyone wins.

If 2017 > 2016

Anti-Flecks - Hardly by a significant margin! It doesn't offset his salary.
Pro-Flecks - It's really paying off even though we're having a worse season, attendance is up because of Fleck!

If 2017 < 2016

Anti-Flecks - Horrible! Never should have fired Claeys.
Pro-Flecks - This isn't about an extra thousand fans or negative fans this year. It's about fans 3-4 years from now!

I️ had my seat and a guest filled every game last year. This year, someone did buy my seats for MSU. No one did this week.

I️ know six of us not renewing after 20 years because we don’t enjoy the PJ show.

So, it is worth watching attendance since it was one of the reasons Coyle cited for hiring PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arguing attendance is fun because everyone wins.

If 2017 > 2016

Anti-Flecks - Hardly by a significant margin! It doesn't offset his salary.
Pro-Flecks - It's really paying off even though we're having a worse season, attendance is up because of Fleck!

If 2017 < 2016

Anti-Flecks - Horrible! Never should have fired Claeys.
Pro-Flecks - This isn't about an extra thousand fans or negative fans this year. It's about fans 3-4 years from now!

Nothing to do with Claeys for me. Just can’t stand the choice to replace him. Also, really despise many of you who have to talk so negatively about previous regime to prop up PJ. I️ know that is part of what makes me dislike him even more. Have never in my life had trouble supporting a Gopher coach, basketball or football, until now.

I️ had my seat and a guest filled every game last year. This year, someone did buy my seats for MSU. No one did this week.

I️ know six of us not renewing after 20 years because we don’t enjoy the PJ show.

So, it is worth watching attendance since it was one of the reasons Coyle cited for hiring PJ.

So you endured the entire Brewster era and now you're not renewing?:clap: IALTO

So you endured the entire Brewster era and now you're not renewing?:clap: IALTO

You have to draw the line somewhere I guess.
“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

A 5 win PJ Fleck team is still more exciting than a 9 win Tracey Clayes team.

39k for a nebraska game? Care to try again? There were more Nebraska fans than gopher fans and we still couldn't even get close to filling the stadium. Just sad.

Now it's down to 50/50 try again. Not even close. Sunny side was not 60/40. Again making it up to prove your point.

This statement is false.

Yep. If you went by fans standing for Nebraska's first TD, the one that negated the kickoff TD return, vs. the number of people standing and cheering for a Gopher TD then the ratio of Gopher to Nebraska fans was easily 70- 30. Probably even more lopsided than that. We were talking about it during the game. Couldn't believe how few NE fans there were considering how few Minnesota fans were excited about the game and the availability of tickets.

Looking at the announced attendance figures confirmed that doubt. Officially there were still 10,000 tickets available for sale at game time. Not sure Nebraska fans have ever ignored a game in such huge numbers.

You can only use the Cornhusker's first TD for that comparison. By the time the Gophers were way ahead there were probably Husker fans cheering for anything that may have cemented Riley's departure.

Take off your maroon colored glasses and you would see the sea of red.

Top Bottom