Nebraska Fans

Goldmember

Reaction score
It's been said before. But it seems worth repeating now:
Whether it it was the the mid-80's (peak of disparity) or now (MN favored to win despite a 4-5 record), Nebraska fans have been awesome to have here in Minneapolis. By far the best rival fans to have in your city. They are passionate, but not assholes. Even in a down year they come out and support their team in much larger numbers than I A or WI in a good year.

And they're cool while the do it. I met so many great people this weekend. So glad NE is in our conference and in our division. It's easier to say after a win. But it's true every year.

NE fans make NE football special. And a rough season can't take that away. NE was a great addition to the conference for its fans alone.

Agreed. Although I thought their numbers were noticeably down this year.

I watched the 2013 game at a bar in CO with some older Husker Fans. On the way out, they said, "you guys beat us fair and square" and picked up my entire bar tab.

It's been said before. But it seems worth repeating now:
Whether it it was the the mid-80's (peak of disparity) or now (MN favored to win despite a 4-5 record), Nebraska fans have been awesome to have here in Minneapolis. By far the best rival fans to have in your city. They are passionate, but not assholes. Even in a down year they come out and support their team in much larger numbers than I A or WI in a good year.

And they're cool while the do it. I met so many great people this weekend. So glad NE is in our conference and in our division. It's easier to say after a win. But it's true every year.

NE fans make NE football special. And a rough season can't take that away. NE was a great addition to the conference for its fans alone.

I will never forget losing 84 13 and watching clowns who could not hold their beer shout “ bring on the Vikings”. There was no respect. Terrible visiting fans. I wish them nothing but sadness. If they applied to,the big ten today, they would not have the academic chops. Has been academically, athletically, and in a region that is neither sun nor snow. Horrible place sooon to be out of water and a cold Arizona.

I will never forget losing 84 13 and watching clowns who could not hold their beer shout “ bring on the Vikings”. There was no respect. Terrible visiting fans. I wish them nothing but sadness. If they applied to,the big ten today, they would not have the academic chops. Has been academically, athletically, and in a region that is neither sun nor snow. Horrible place sooon to be out of water and a cold Arizona.

Well, most people seem to regard them pretty favorably so I won't base my opinion on personal experience, but I remember during Brewster's reign a group of them were in my small town after they thumped the Gophers and they were really arrogant and ungracious.

I sat right next to a pretty gal from Nebraska who's attending the U. Her family drove up for the game. Didn't get a chance to get her digits before they left around the third quarter.....

Any Gopher fan who was at that 84-13 massacre will never forget it. The saintly Dr. Tom poured it on, keeping his All-Americans playing in the second half. When he was a teen, Minnesota ran up 61 and 54 points against Nebraska, and apparently he never forgot it.

Well, most people seem to regard them pretty favorably so I won't base my opinion on personal experience, but I remember during Brewster's reign a group of them were in my small town after they thumped the Gophers and they were really arrogant and ungracious.

Wasn't Brewster was fired in 2010 and Nebraksa started playing in the Big Ten in 2011??

They really are a great time. I went to Stub and Herbs last time they were on campus and talked for hours with some people from Nebraska and they ended up picking up my tab. Good people, still glad we whooped that ass though. They deserve way better tho, much better than that other school that wears red in our division

They really are a great time. I went to Stub and Herbs last time they were on campus and talked for hours with some people from Nebraska and they ended up picking up my tab. Good people, still glad we whooped that ass though. They deserve way better tho, much better than that other school that wears red in our division

Um ... no they don't. Can't believe a Gopher fan would sell his soul for a few beers. They had their run, and much of it was because they employed some of the nastiest people to ever put on a college football jersey. Guys like Lawrence Phillips and Christian Peters had absolutely no business being on a college football team. Yet Tom Osborne played them and still managed to keep his reputation intact. If I remember right, Johnny Rogers also had major problems as did Irving Fryer.

Schools I think deserve better are ones like us and Indiana--programs that have basically sucked over the years and can't seem to dig themselves out of the holes they're in.

I'd take Husker fans any day over Fadgers and Hogeyes. Yeah, there may be an exceptional few arrogant fans of theirs but overall they are cordial and well mannered.

I watched the 2013 game at a bar in CO with some older Husker Fans. On the way out, they said, "you guys beat us fair and square" and picked up my entire bar tab.

Now that’s a class act!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat right next to a pretty gal from Nebraska who's attending the U. Her family drove up for the game. Didn't get a chance to get her digits before they left around the third quarter.....

Gotta shoot your shot!

This is a stupid thread

I wish them nothing but misery trying to merge onto I-80 in Des Moines

Maybe she reads GH....

Um ... no they don't. Can't believe a Gopher fan would sell his soul for a few beers. They had their run, and much of it was because they employed some of the nastiest people to ever put on a college football jersey. Guys like Lawrence Phillips and Christian Peters had absolutely no business being on a college football team. Yet Tom Osborne played them and still managed to keep his reputation intact. If I remember right, Johnny Rogers also had major problems as did Irving Fryer.

Schools I think deserve better are ones like us and Indiana--programs that have basically sucked over the years and can't seem to dig themselves out of the holes they're in.

This. They really joined the wrong conference. Big 12 at best. Compete with Oklahoma for students and athletes. Not a Big 10 school. I’m glad football sucks now there too.

Any Gopher fan who was at that 84-13 massacre will never forget it. The saintly Dr. Tom poured it on, keeping his All-Americans playing in the second half. When he was a teen, Minnesota ran up 61 and 54 points against Nebraska, and apparently he never forgot it.

Hopefully they never forget the 54 we hung on them today...

They do not travel as well as they use to. Today there were plenty of open seats, that they would have gobbled up. They know football and how it is played. Looking inside the numbers they will see, you do not need to sling it. We played old school and they could not stop it. We rushed for over 400 yards, on 45 attempts. That use to be their SOP.

I had to deal with a bunch of total drunk and angry asshats from NE. Pissed at me for politely asking one not to put his foot on my seat. Apparently they and their faux gopher friends that came with them were unhappy I was standing. In the student section. With a half empty stadium for them to choose seats in. And the drunkest one gave me a line about “been to Columbus, been to Madison, been to Iowa City, but you Twin Cities people are the worst to visiting fans.” F them. I hope 54 is the least we hang on them in the next 5 years.

So, a couple years ago, a couple of empty nesters moved across the street from me. I noticed their cars had Iowa plates and immediately assumed I'd dislike them. Well, football season rolls around and on opening day, there's a Nebraska flag flying off the garage. So, I think to myself, well, at least it's not a Hawkeye flag. A couple of years have gone by. I noticed the flag out on every game day. So today about halfway through the second quarter, I open the patio door to let the dog out. I note that for the first time since moving in, no flag. While I'm waiting for the dog to return, he and his wife pull into the driveway. Game was not a priority it seems. It looks to me that this diehard Husker fan has bailed on the season.
Now, this guy flies a Jayhawk flag during basketball season, so maybe he's not a devoted Husker, he's just some sort of Plains State frontrunner.

I've seen them Here and seen 'em There and live amongst many and I will admit they are on average second only to to Minnesota fans in the West.

I've found the Nebraska fans the most cordial, almost embarrassingly so, when in Lincoln to watch the Gophers... very generous and eager to converse in the watering holes on "O" Street as well...

As far as their road fans, no big issues either....unlike Wisconsin, Iowa, or Michigan....with Michigan being the worst from my experience.

I'd take the Husker fans any day.

So, a couple years ago, a couple of empty nesters moved across the street from me. I noticed their cars had Iowa plates and immediately assumed I'd dislike them. Well, football season rolls around and on opening day, there's a Nebraska flag flying off the garage. So, I think to myself, well, at least it's not a Hawkeye flag. A couple of years have gone by. I noticed the flag out on every game day. So today about halfway through the second quarter, I open the patio door to let the dog out. I note that for the first time since moving in, no flag. While I'm waiting for the dog to return, he and his wife pull into the driveway. Game was not a priority it seems. It looks to me that this diehard Husker fan has bailed on the season.
Now, this guy flies a Jayhawk flag during basketball season, so maybe he's not a devoted Husker, he's just some sort of Plains State frontrunner.

I hate these asshats who fly Packer, Sadger and OSU flags. Support your own damn state

Wasn't Brewster was fired in 2010 and Nebraksa started playing in the Big Ten in 2011??

I guess I was thinking the incident was further back in time. Must have been Nebraska's first year in the Big Ten.

Sat next to a crew of Husker fans at the game. They were so much fun to watch the game with. Passionate but had a terrific sense of humor about both teams. This would never happen with Iowa or WI fans.

I always try to be welcoming to visiting fans. It is so much easier to do that when they aren't a-holes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

You Gopher fans that live outside Minnesota - Stop supporting the Gophers!

Every school has some good fans and some jerks. Just read this tread. Everything from guys that will poor a few beers with opposing fans to others that call names and hate entire groups of fans different color sweatshirts than them.

Top Bottom