Zulgad: Jordan Murphy makes his point(s) by powering Gophers to victory in opener

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Judd:

“He definitely looks like his body fat is lower,” Pitino said when asked if Murphy is stronger. “His shoulders are obviously so big. I think more than anything he’s really, really confident. He’s got a great belief that he can score on the low block when we give it to him. He was making some really good moves.”

The Gophers will need more of the same from Murphy – and an improved effort from several others – on Monday when they play at Providence. The Big East school opened with an 84-55 victory over Houston Baptist on Friday.

“Providence will be a different game, and I haven’t watched much of them, but I would assume different personnel and everything,” said Pitino, a graduate of Providence. “But that’s the way we needed to win tonight because (South Carolina Upstate was) in that zone. So we needed to scrap to get it done and he did that.”

Murphy, who is a team captain, also provided the type of leadership Pitino wants.

“I thought his leadership was terrific,” Pitino said. “He was the most vocal guy in the huddles. Now, he had 35 points. It’s easy to be a leader when you’re scoring the ball, obviously. But he was terrific. He was the loudest guy on the team. It wasn’t that way last year, but he was positive and picking other guys up.”

https://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/...makes-points-powering-gophers-victory-opener/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom