Where was the broken chair trophy?

The bit between the Goldy Gopher and Bo Pelini parody Twitter accounts may be over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it's endorsed, but in an unofficial manner.
Might just have to be accepted as a fan's trophy.

GopherJim over on Rivals posted a pic of him holding it so it was somewhere.

We walked right past the fans carrying it back to TCF from the tailgate lot and I asked it if it was the real trophy. They said yes it was. It looked like they had it on display at a tailgate and decided to bring it to TCF but we saw this well after the game was over.

It is still making the rounds in the bars around campus.

We were out and about all day with the trophy, it is now resting. I'll make a thread with a story/photos eventually. For now, lots of photos on Twitter at https://twitter.com/5buck_Chair_ity/

Thanks to everyone who donated out at the tailgates this morning!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Will you put the score on it? Hope it gets more accepted. Too bad it couldn't get on the field and celebrated with the players and have the mascot handoff.

The trophy is awesome and should be accepted. Has there been a better rivalry trophy created in the last 20 years?

We waited after the game and they never brought it out. Thought it was back.

It’s not a real trophy if not on the field to go and get after a win and parade around.

Count me disappointed but a fan trophy is fine..I just had higher expectations.

Not officially endorsed as a "real" trophy, so it was not allowed in the stadium. Maybe in the future!

The trophy is awesome and should be accepted. Has there been a better rivalry trophy created in the last 20 years?

Um, have you heard of The Civil ConFLiCT?

I heard its The Civil CONNFLict now or something like that.

Or is it CONFLiCt?

(I think that last C has to be capitalized).

If we didn't have the broken chair with Nebraska, Bob Diaco (the inventor, now with Nebraska) may have invented the Civil MiNE trophy for MN-NE.
Or Civil WInNEr in a battle with WI.

The guy is a genius at marketing.

It's great to do this for charity, but I'm surprised people thought it would be on the field and in the locker room, and treated the same as if we won the Jug or Axe....I mean, really? Do you think they'd have people walking it around the tailgating lot pregame if it was an official trophy?

It's great to do this for charity, but I'm surprised people thought it would be on the field and in the locker room, and treated the same as if we won the Jug or Axe....I mean, really? Do you think they'd have people walking it around the tailgating lot pregame if it was an official trophy?

Yes. Me and everyone else with the "Where's the chair" chant after the game. Its not going away anytime soon. The chair is the fans trophy. The Penn State thing is the forced trophy nobody cares about.

3448d1d3240667f00db527ed55127ea4.jpg

IMG_20171111_150504319.jpg

Took this photo at Stub and Herb's immediately after the game!

Top Bottom