Post Game Thoughts

Well, Nebraska's AD just said that Riley is going to stay the head coach for the rest of the season. Two more weeks of misery for their fans and those poor seniors.

The new AD is staying classy. Coach Riley seem to be a very likable guy. It makes me wonder if there was already a behind the scenes arrangements with Riley, and for the AD to start pursuing a new coach as soon as the season ends. Probably don't want to tamper with a seating coach during the regular football season.

Thinking he goes back to Oregon St. That job is open ...

The new AD is staying classy. Coach Riley seem to be a very likable guy. It makes me wonder if there was already a behind the scenes arrangements with Riley, and for the AD to start pursuing a new coach as soon as the season ends. Probably don't want to tamper with a seating coach during the regular football season.

Given the way their season has gone, the expectations of the fanbase, and the fact they have a new AD I think pretty much everyone involved knows a change is coming but unless they have a slam dunk hire ready to go there really is no reason to make the change until after the season ends at this point. Things are already rough enough without putting the football staff into complete upheaval and making everyone shift responsibilities.

We all about what that is like here after Brew was fired midseason and also more recently when Kill had to step down.

So what's the breakdown that leads to this change?

Riley can't coach

vs

Players weren't good enough

So what's the breakdown that leads to this change?

Riley can't coach

vs

Players weren't good enough

The West Coast passing offense really doesn't work well in the B1G, where running and stopping the run are paramount. Callahan failed at Nebraska, too - for the same reason. My guess is that Scott Frost turns down Florida and Tennessee and comes home to rebuild Nebraska into what it was when he was starting QB for the '97 co-national champions. Bad news for all in the B1G West.

The West Coast passing offense really doesn't work well in the B1G, where running and stopping the run are paramount. Callahan failed at Nebraska, too - for the same reason. My guess is that Scott Frost turns down Florida and Tennessee and comes home to rebuild Nebraska into what it was when he was starting QB for the '97 co-national champions. Bad news for all in the B1G West.

I strongly doubt that Nebraska will ever ever ever revisit those kind of years. I'm not even sold that Frost will go there. Nebraska really wants to pull that alumni coach thing, but I guess I see him heading to Gainesville.

Top Bottom