What grade would you give Demry Croft in his game vs Nebraska?

• A

Votes: 103 88.0%
  • B

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

A. Credit where it's due. Struggled a lot in pass AND run earlier in the year, he seems to have ironed stuff out.

LOL...how can anyone vote other than A?

The zone read was being run exactly how it should today. Those 3 that Croft pulled early in the game set the tone for the running game all day. He's not Michael Vick out there, but you don't need to be.

OL was phenomenal in pass protection and Croft delivered strikes all day. Just a wonderful performance.

A-......We were not tested in the passing game but he made some nice passes.... Would have loved seeing Croft run the read option all year....Rhoda can't do that.

Made great decisions all day. Only reason I would give him an A instead of A+ is because of the bad sack he took that took us out of FG range.

I gave him a B because the backup is always better than the starter.

I gave him a B because the backup is always better than the starter.

Dude, get over yourself. You are taking shots at fans, being overly sarcastic. Stop being you. Great win today, great job Demry!

Really 3 people voted B?

I have been a vocal critic of Croft and still have my doubts about him longterm but giving him anything less than an A for his effort today is just ridiculous.

183 yards rushing with 3 TD's while not throwing any interceptions is good even if the passing game still didn't look great (stone hands on the receivers continues to be a huge factor in that). He seemed to make good decisions for the most part and avoided any major mistakes. His effort today absolutely deserves an A.

A lot of the passing game woes fall on his receivers. Run game was unstoppable so he didn’t need to throw 40 times. A.

LOL...<b>how can anyone vote other than A?</b>

The zone read was being run exactly how it should today. Those 3 that Croft pulled early in the game set the tone for the running game all day. He's not Michael Vick out there, but you don't need to be.

OL was phenomenal in pass protection and Croft delivered strikes all day. Just a wonderful performance.

Some dude called into the KFAN post game complaining about Demry's play, so there is that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, get over yourself. You are taking shots at fans, being overly sarcastic. Stop being you. Great win today, great job Demry!

Joke. I’m a better fan than 90% of those that call themselves “fans”. Get over yourself. Demry was fabulous. Great day for the team and those who have stuck with this program through thick and thin, not just thick.

Some dude called into the KFAN post game complaining about Demry's play, so there is that guy.

"Fans"...and I use that word loosely.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

I have been a vocal critic of Croft and still have my doubts about him longterm but giving him anything less than an A for his effort today is just ridiculous.

183 yards rushing with 3 TD's while not throwing any interceptions is good even if the passing game still didn't look great (stone hands on the receivers continues to be a huge factor in that). He seemed to make good decisions for the most part and avoided any major mistakes. His effort today absolutely deserves an A.

The touchdown run was reminiscent of Assad's TD run in the 2003 Friday night Michigan debacle. The issue then was that the Gophers needed to bleed the clock (and the run did not help that at all). Today it was exactly what was needed. Great to see. Solid A.

A all the way! Croft has enough speed to make some big runs. Kid does indeed have some potential.

If going on just passing stats then I'll give him a C, but on an overall score I'd say a B+. Some of his throws just made me cringe.

I had hoped Croft would start against Buffalo and progress...he obviously had the talent. He's now coming into his own - but two very tough games to go. Life won't be easy.

Nebraska was inept with stopping the QB run option so I'd give it an A (taking full advantage of what the defense was giving him). I'd like to see more from him and the coaching staff schemes in games where run is neutralized and we have to throw the football to move the football (like the Iowa and Mich game).

If going on just passing stats then I'll give him a C, but on an overall score I'd say a B+. Some of his throws just made me cringe.

Which ones? Most of his throws were right on the money.

He kind of runs like Rod Carew, really smooth but you don't think he's really running his fastest. He showed some moves that were amazing. His read option decisions made Nebraska look like hicks at a shell game. His passing was spot on and confident. Only one bad play all day was the sack. His progress has been astounding this year and makes me wonder what he would be like if he'd started every game. (Maybe Fleck suspending him helped make him what he is today.)

It seems that Croft has great camaraderie with his teammates too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He kind of runs like Rod Carew, really smooth but you don't think he's really running his fastest. He showed some moves that were amazing. His read option decisions made Nebraska look like hicks at a shell game. His passing was spot on and confident. Only one bad play all day was the sack. His progress has been astounding this year and makes me wonder what he would be like if he'd started every game. (Maybe Fleck suspending him helped make him what he is today.)

Who other than Halsey Hall would bring up the great Rod Carew! :). Love it. Rod was my sports hero, along with Harmon, Fran and Goldsworthy.

It's really disappointing how many very catchable balls thrown by Demry are dropped. Demry looked fabulous today. What a great game and perhaps a spark for the future.

A+ do this brothers!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Who other than Halsey Hall would bring up the great Rod Carew! :). Love it. Rod was my sports hero, along with Harmon, Fran and Goldsworthy.

Ha! We must be brothers from different mothers. Rod, Harmon, Fran, and Goldy were my heroes, too.

Top Bottom