What grade would you give Demry Croft in his game vs Nebraska?

What grade would you give Demry Croft in his game vs Nebraska?

• A

Votes: 103 88.0%
  • B

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
Some Badger fans voted an F cause they're scared.

The touchdown run was reminiscent of Assad's TD run in the 2003 Friday night Michigan debacle. The issue then was that the Gophers needed to bleed the clock (and the run did not help that at all). Today it was exactly what was needed. Great to see. Solid A.

Croft gets an A.

But scoring a TD does bleed the clock in the above example, cause Michigan had to waste time scoring a touchdown to make up for the one they just gave up...which of course they did, but we were no worse off when we got the ball back, just couldn't bleed the clock then.

I have been a vocal critic of Croft and still have my doubts about him longterm but giving him anything less than an A for his effort today is just ridiculous.

183 yards rushing with 3 TD's while not throwing any interceptions is good even if the passing game still didn't look great (stone hands on the receivers continues to be a huge factor in that). He seemed to make good decisions for the most part and avoided any major mistakes. His effort today absolutely deserves an A.

What part didn't look great in regards to Demry? He can't catch the ball for Lingen or Johnson. Sure, he could have placed it a little better on a few of those but his receivers continue to let him down. Johnson is our best but really he is a #2 or 3 on other teams. He's not bad but he's been dropping a fair number of catchable balls (but I do think he can get better). Even NFL receivers drop balls.

If we can bring in some high level receivers, a good pass catching tight end, and get older on the line Demry could be pretty good IMO. All of those things look feasible the next couple years. He's inexperienced but he's getting better every week. Excited to get win #6 next week then a huge game vs Wisconsin.

He looked great. Managed the game well, no turnovers, ran the read option like a maestro. Strong, strong A+.

What part didn't look great in regards to Demry? He can't catch the ball for Lingen or Johnson. Sure, he could have placed it a little better on a few of those but his receivers continue to let him down. Johnson is our best but really he is a #2 or 3 on other teams. He's not bad but he's been dropping a fair number of catchable balls (but I do think he can get better). Even NFL receivers drop balls.

If we can bring in some high level receivers, a good pass catching tight end, and get older on the line Demry could be pretty good IMO. All of those things look feasible the next couple years. He's inexperienced but he's getting better every week. Excited to get win #6 next week then a huge game vs Wisconsin.

I gave Demry and A and would definitely pin most of the passing game issues against Nebraska squarely on the receivers.

I agree that if the talent around him gets upgraded he can be serviceable but I still have my doubts that he can truly lead this team from the QB position against good defenses when he is forced to beat them with his arm.

Great performance. NW is the game to demonstrate he can put up some nice passing numbers...like 60%+ completion and at least 30-35 pass attempts. Gophs will need to get close to 200 yards through the air to win this one IMHO. Would love to see him have a big (relatively speaking) day passing going into the Sconnie game.

I gave Demry and A and would definitely pin most of the passing game issues against Nebraska squarely on the receivers.

I agree that if the talent around him gets upgraded he can be serviceable but I still have my doubts that he can truly lead this team from the QB position against good defenses when he is forced to beat them with his arm.

Well, sure that's possible. But I haven't seen definitive evidence he can't. He throws a nicer ball than Leidner, and he's developing into a better runner. His decision-making was very suspect vs Illinois and he's take three very dumb intentional grounding penalties and Saturday was the first start where he didn't. But, he looked very good Sat, similar to his performance vs MSU. Good decisions, accurate throws for the most part, devastating running and defenses will have to account for that.

If we can get a tight end to run those seam routes, drag routes; get WRs to catch I'm optimistic. Northwestern will be a better defensive test and Wisconsin obviously has an elite level defense so we'll see what happens...but I suspect the QB going into 2018 will be an active topic of discussion here unless he really stinks up the joint (which is very possible given the competition).

I don't think Demry is the future of this team based on every other game.... but gotta give him an A on this one.

Gray, Nelson, Leidner all had some real stinker games starting out. All I'm saying is it's too early to write him off. If we can bring in better talent then by all means but so far unless Morgan is clearly the guy next year have to believe Croft will at least start the season.

Gray, Nelson, Leidner all had some real stinker games starting out. All I'm saying is it's too early to write him off. If we can bring in better talent then by all means but so far unless Morgan is clearly the guy next year have to believe Croft will at least start the season.

Agree.

LOL...how can anyone vote other than A?

The zone read was being run exactly how it should today. Those 3 that Croft pulled early in the game set the tone for the running game all day. He's not Michael Vick out there, but you don't need to be.

OL was phenomenal in pass protection and Croft delivered strikes all day. Just a wonderful performance.

There's lots of grumpy old bastards on this message board that have nothing better to do all day...they just want to complain and moan about EVERYTHING...sickening.

Top Bottom