Who is the Gophers MVP in the dominating win over Nebraska?

• Demry Croft

Votes: 72 80.0%
  • Rodney Smith

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Kobe McCrary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emmit Carpenter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Barber

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

1) Gotta be Croft
2) OL. What a day. Pass protection was awesome and team rushed for over 400 yards. C'mon.
3) Smith & McCrary were both studs
4) Merrick Jackson and Steve Richardson wrecked havoc in the middle all day.

The entire OL deserves a collective MVP award. Though the Husker front seven did make life extremely easy for them.

I voted Rodney Smith because of the fast start which I think was key. But Demry is really the one deserving because of his much improved play.
Rodney still needed a vote.

That opening kickoff return by Rodney Smith really set the tone, but I had to go with Demry, he was fantastic. You could see his confidence grow as the game progressed, it was great to see.

Demry in this one. His rushing was huge and he avoid the costly mistake that has plagued him in the past. Hopefully he can build on this and have a great game against Northwestern.

Croft - Amazing what game experience does. I hope he gets even better for NW and Wiscy.

Let's see if they can pull an upset or two. What have they got to lose?

Croft is the easy choice. But I'm voting for Duke. The first quarter was back and forth. After Croft scored his first TD, Nebraska marched right back down the field. In the red zone, Duke made the tackle on Spielman that was overturned and brought up 4th down. On 4th down, Duke busted through and made the tackle to stop their RB short. From there, it was a first down and then Croft busted a 73 yarder to put the Gophers in the driver's seat.

Croft - Amazing what game experience does. I hope he gets even better for NW and Wiscy.

Let's see if they can pull an upset or two. What have they got to lose?

Football games

I feel bad for Smith. Dude worked his butt off that game and didn't get in the endzone. Looked like he was toughing out an injury or two also. Croft was the ultimate MVP but Smith needs to be recognized some how. Maybe guttiest performance?

I feel bad for Smith. Dude worked his butt off that game and didn't get in the endzone. Looked like he was toughing out an injury or two also. Croft was the ultimate MVP but Smith needs to be recognized some how. Maybe guttiest performance?

Nekton of the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with Croft, but that Smith kickoff return cannot be forgotten as that was an amazing way to start the game for a team that got taken to the woodshed the week prior. Great games from Croft, Smith, McCrary, and the Oline as well as Barber coming up with some big plays on D.

Top Bottom