What will the attendance (butts in seats) be for the Minnesota-Nebraska game?

What will the attendance (butts in seats) be for the Minnesota-Nebraska game?

• 46,000+

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 42,000 - 45,999

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • 38,000 - 41,999

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 35,000 - 38,999

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Less than 35,000

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
What's your prediction be for butts in the seats?

It's going to be cold.

Nebraska fans aren't likely to come in as large a numbers due to them being down.

Not a lot.

It's going to be cold.

Nebraska fans aren't likely to come in as large a numbers due to them being down.

Not a lot.

I agree with this.
The Husker fans who live here (and there's many) will go.
But a lot less traveling.

It's still Nebraska- the best fanbase in the country.

So I think it'll be a huge crowd with a lot of red.

Last weekend of firearm deer hunting season this weekend. Roughly 600k licenses are sold, if memory serves. I would guess there is a large amount of overlap there, in terms of deer hunters in MN (largely middle aged men), and Gopher football fans.

28000 but we will never know.....do they release actual scanned tix?

Great Poll. Thanks for posting it El Amin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question remains...Will you El Amin be there? Why do you always post this stupid poll. What's accomplished by this? Care to explain?

Well, when you have an AD that cited poor ticket sales as one of the reasons for firing the previous coach and then the program continues to have trouble selling tickets, I think it's a valid question to ask.
And no, I won't be there. I was there every game for a decade, and I have purchased single tickets this year, but I have not received any sort of email altering me that tickets are still available for remaining games this season or asking why I no longer hold season tickets.

For the record, I'll be there as always.... although I worry I'll be doxing myself by saying that considering how many people will be there...

It's still Nebraska- the best fanbase in the country.

So I think it'll be a huge crowd with a lot of red.

Huh? Do you mean, the nicest, loudest cheering, etc. of the people you've met? That's good and fine.

But Nebraska isn't even a shell of its late 1990's/early 2000's history. Now, it's just an average P5 football team in a small population state, and nothing special as a school. So what you get is a lot of people who live in or near Lincoln and Omaha that still like them, and their alumni still like them ...... and that's it. No one around the country gives a rip about them anymore.

28000 but we will never know.....do they release actual scanned tix?

I don't think they release figures. I know over on GopherPuckLive one of the guy that writes articles puts in a freedom of information act request at the end of the year for the data and gets it that way.

Of husker fans or gopher fans?

Being 11am and being cold ... I would not be surprised at all if less than 35k actual butts in seats.

But the attendance is always the number of tickets sold, including ticket packages. So that is probably still well in the 4x thousands.

Huh? Do you mean, the nicest, loudest cheering, etc. of the people you've met? That's good and fine.

But Nebraska isn't even a shell of its late 1990's/early 2000's history. Now, it's just an average P5 football team in a small population state, and nothing special as a school. So what you get is a lot of people who live in or near Lincoln and Omaha that still like them, and their alumni still like them ...... and that's it. No one around the country gives a rip about them anymore.

Your post confuses me.

Nebraska's fanbase is unrivaled in terms of loyalty. They've sold out every game since 1962.

In addition to that, they travel better than everyone else. This is regardless of the strength of their team and they type of year they're having.

Their poor turn run of recent success and the small population of their state is irrelevant to my post.

Being 11am and being cold ... I would not be surprised at all if less than 35k actual butts in seats.

But the attendance is always the number of tickets sold, including ticket packages. So that is probably still well in the 4x thousands.

You've clearly never been to a Nebraska game at the Bank, or anywhere for that matter.

My post stands as is.

You clearly are a huge fan and booster of Nebraska football. Enjoy the late 1990's.

You've discovered my secret!

Accumulate 2,000+ posts over 9 years, all the while pretending to support the Gophers, while in actuality being a mole sent from Lincoln. Bold strategy.

If not for the Husker fans, actual attendance would likely rival the “crowd” for last year’s NW game.

The question remains...Will you El Amin be there? Why do you always post this stupid poll. What's accomplished by this? Care to explain?

Of course I'll be there. I have only missed two games since TCF Bank opened, both due to family weddings. I post the poll because it's an interesting topic to me. If its not, why do you click on the thread and post your stupid questions? What's accomplished by this? Care to explain?

Of Gopher Hole members? Maybe about 50?

Prediction: There will be more Husker fans than Gopher fans.

Based on some of the sh1t that people post here, I seriously question how many have actually been in attendance for a game at TCF Bank Stadium. So much of what some of you say has no basis in reality.

You've discovered my secret!

Accumulate 2,000+ posts over 9 years, all the while pretending to support the Gophers, while in actuality being a mole sent from Lincoln. Bold strategy.

Awesome sauce response! Needed a laugh

Zeppelin is correct. He’s not arguing the quality of the product on the field. He’s talking about the quality of their fan base, which really hasn’t wavered since the ‘90’s

I think a lot of the fans are just waiting until the inevitable weather delay is over before arriving.

Top Bottom