***OFFICIAL USC UPSTATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Part of te reason they are blind to this is that there isn't any television coverage of the games. I can get Lynx and Loon games and I can't get the Gophers. Ridiculous.

Monday's game in on Fox Sports 1. Unfortunately it starts at 5:30.

Two words: Completely unacceptable.

Certainly doing their best to lower expectations.

Well, as ugly as the first 17 minutes were, up 10 at half.

Defensive recognition and help-side defense has been dreadful.

Need to figure out what is going on during the halftime break.

Our guards are getting completely out played. We’re just struggling against the zone again. Hopefully they keep that momentum from the end of the half and figure out a way to win the battle in the backcourt.

At halftime, a couple dozen folks took the final oath to become Marines!
1z15qtg.jpg

Really rough start from the Gophers tonight. USC Upstate is undersized, but seems to have good speed at every position. This was causing a lot of issues for the Gophers on Defense as USC Upstate would look to isolate Lynch or Murphy off the dribble with a smaller quicker player and then would find the open guy on the perimeter (often 4 guys outside that arc) when the Gophers brought help. Need to be better against both dribble penetration and getting a contest on 3 point shots. Offensively, Lynch and Murphy had some nice moments taking advantage of the size mismatch, but not enough. The Gophers struggled at times against the zone and I felt like the guards did a poor job of finding Murphy and Lynch and took some ill advised shots (Washington the biggest culprit of taking bad shots). Nate Mason didn't have control of this game like you'd expect from a returning All B1G PG.

Big picture, it's probably good to have some struggles tonight and the time against the zone forcing the Gophers to work half court offense will also be beneficial. Kentucky was actually losing tonight by 9 at half to Utah Valley, so comparatively speaking the Gophers 10 point lead at half is a masterpiece.

Best thing I saw in that half: Murphy finding Lynch from the high post against the zone. Murphy looks really good out there and his passing/floor vision seems like an area where he has gotten better.

Yes. Big10 Plus is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't even listen. Keep trying to give these guys a chance, but within a minute each time I have to mute them again.

You'd think there'd be more qualified people at the U to do this. I get there are nerves involved, but it's a little ridiculous

I can't even listen. Keep trying to give these guys a chance, but within a minute each time I have to mute them again.

You'd think there'd be more qualified people at the U to do this. I get there are nerves involved, but it's a little ridiculous

The sideline reporter is VERY EXCITED TO BE HERE.

Best thing I saw in that half: Murphy finding Lynch from the high post against the zone. Murphy looks really good out there and his passing/floor vision seems like an area where he has gotten better.
Final play of the half to score an easy basket was a thing of beauty. Four passes exactly as is was drawn up.

I think they're students and I'm guessing they don't have much experience with college hoops.

Unfortunately the KFAN stream can't be paused to sync with BTN+

Good to know the refs aren't being homers. 3 horrible calls the last 3 minutes.

Good to know the refs aren't being homers. 3 horrible calls the last 3 minutes.

Yeah, that non-call on Coffey was awful. Then the guy wanted to get into Coffey's face after Amir got clipped from behind and was understandably frustrated. Bush league by that ref in the black hair.

Really need to make a point of enjoying Reggie this year. I'm gonna miss his ridiculous ability to block shots.

I feel like they should get Coffey out of there. It feels like he's destined to either injure himself or get a technical.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Three-point shooting is still a problem. They've been getting really good looks and missing all of them. Gotta hit those at some point.

Also, don't need Fitzgerald jacking up three's.

Top Bottom