Pitino Presser - Shot at Marcus at the end!

Winasota Gopher

Deep Insider
Reaction score
I know I’m a Pitino homer and have been one since the beginning. But he’s just a very refreshing voice at that mic. Stay to the end for some good jabs at Marcus(? Doogie?)

I know I’m a Pitino homer and have been one since the beginning. But he’s just a very refreshing voice at that mic. Stay to the end for some good jabs at Marcus(? Doogie?)

I agree 100%

With Pitino you don't get all the crap. He's a down to earth guy, and in his pressers he doesn't leave you wondering what he actually saying. Half the time when a coach talks its like decoding a cryptic message. When he talks it like sitting down with one of the guys and just talking sports.

Nadine or Daniel- would it be possible to get another mic in the reporter pool to hear the question? or should i just ask Richard to repeat the question before he starts answering? that would be a fun conversation

No doubt, it sounds funny to write... Somebody joked on the football board about somebody who said listening to PJ was their favorite TV show. Well, I always very much enjoy listening to Richard talk. He's always too honest but it works for him. Obviously, that makes it worthwhile and fun to listen to him because he gives you truth and value. That's rare these days.
I also agree, it would be awesome to hear the questions. Another solution would be to annotate them on the video if sound is somehow unsolvable.
Looking forward to a fun season of Gopher basketball. Anxious for football to get past year zero.

Daniel & Nadine - I like to reiterate the good job that you guys are doing for basketball and football coverage. Thanks again.

The point about not being able to hear the audience questions during pressers - will it be possible for the U to invest in a parabolic listening microphone? The advantage to that is that it will not disrupt the flow of the press conference if they have to hand out a microphone to people with questions. All they had to do is aim the microphone in the direction of the speaker in the audience and they can turn it on and off with minor disruptions.

You can hear the questions a bit with ear buds or headphones. Though it is slightly lower but something to try to see if it helps for you guys.

Why are people asking Nadine and Daniel if the U will invest in microphones? They don't run the U.

Why are people asking Nadine and Daniel if the U will invest in microphones? They don't run the U.

True, but they likely know the people who could actually could do this. The U and maybe even several reporters might not realize that their readers and fans of the Gophers would watch the videos that much and/or are having a hard time hearing the reporters questions.

I hope it was at Marcus. Comes from the Doogie school of "I tweet every other second so I must be important"

Nadine or Daniel- would it be possible to get another mic in the reporter pool to hear the question? or should i just ask Richard to repeat the question before he starts answering? that would be a fun conversation

How can a major university not have a mic available for this setting? What's the point if we don't hear the questions??? Is Coyle awake?

I hope it was at Marcus. Comes from the Doogie school of "I tweet every other second so I must be important"

Oh, I'm not with you on that. I think Marcus does a fantastic job. Listen to him on the podcast he does with Ryan James. He likes this team. It's a refreshing change from the rest of the writers in this town who generally look down on Gopher sports programs. I think Marcus is one of the best beat writers in this town, personally.

Never understood this either. It’s people posting this thinks we were in the room. Not hearing the questions is some what pointless.

Oh, I'm not with you on that. I think Marcus does a fantastic job. Listen to him on the podcast he does with Ryan James. He likes this team. It's a refreshing change from the rest of the writers in this town who generally look down on Gopher sports programs. I think Marcus is one of the best beat writers in this town, personally.

+1 Completely agree. I really like Marcus' coverage, he's fair and actually leans more toward advocate for the program than a detractor. He's supportive of the players and coaches and I believe he has a genuine affection for them. From Pitino's good-natured barb, that appears to go both ways.

Did I say he wasn't a good beat writer? I said he tweets all the time and thinks that makes him important

Top Bottom