BTN Plus

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Question for those that use streaming services. It looks like there is no longer a separate BTN app (at least not through the Amazon fire) but instead is part of the Fox Sports Go app. Does anyone know if the BTN Plus games will be available through that app? From what I can tell right now, it doesn't look like it.

If BTN is going to force its fans to pay for this service to watch games, the least they can do is allow an app so it can be watched on tv thru Smart TV apps, or Apple TV type platforms. Having to mirror my computer to my Apple TV is annoying, and is not the most reliable service.

Question for those that use streaming services. It looks like there is no longer a separate BTN app (at least not through the Amazon fire) but instead is part of the Fox Sports Go app. Does anyone know if the BTN Plus games will be available through that app? From what I can tell right now, it doesn't look like it.

Don't believe so.

When the Maryland was playing their exhibition game that was on BTN plus, I did not see it on the fox sports go app on xbox or their website. Only normal BTN.

If BTN is going to force its fans to pay for this service to watch games, the least they can do is allow an app so it can be watched on tv thru Smart TV apps, or Apple TV type platforms. Having to mirror my computer to my Apple TV is annoying, and is not the most reliable service.

Roku has the BTN app. Has for several years.

Roku has the BTN app. Has for several years.

Yeah I'll have to hoke up the old roku for the few games. I just don't know why the apps are combined on the new Amazon fire.

Not on Directv. Just got the subscription for BTN plus and using a roku...watching the count down to the game. Looks like it will work good.

Anyone know of a free stream? Video or audio? BTN ain't getting my $10

God I would love to know the marketing experts at BTN who think that it increases interest and fanbases to have no television for non-conference games.

God I would love to know the marketing experts at BTN who think that it increases interest and fanbases to have no television for non-conference games.

There's like 9 B1G games going on right now. They can't possibly televise them all.

That's why apps are so great. You should be able to choose the game you want to watch when there are multiple games on at a time

Why should they have to? There are regional channels that are more than capable.

It's not a reality in 2017, and it's probably never going to be again. Aside from the awful student announcers, there's no real difference between watching a game streaming on the app or on TV.

I have no problem with having student announcers for this game as I think it's a great chance for kids to get experience and be heard by a larger audience. That said, does the "U" not have any broadcasting students that actually played basketball, have a knowledge base about basketball, and/or are extremely passionate about basketball? I don't mind some mistakes here and there, but asking the audience to listen to guys who don't have a good grasp of what is going on is a bridge too far. One guy was referring to over the back as "behind the back" and they both had consistent issues with being able to even articulate why a foul call/non call was controversial.

Why should they have to? There are regional channels that are more than capable.

That doesn't help the many fans that don't live in MN. At least now anyone can watch the game no matter where you live.

The BTN is all about money. They say it's all about access but it's not. They never ever (for basketball) use their alternate channels (I believe they have 3) so it's a lost cause. At least this year, because the Gophers are ranked, they don't have like 7 or 8 games on BTN Plus (steaming) like in past years. The BTN likes to think it's ESPN, but they are so far away it's laughable. Tonight's broadcast was awful on so many levels it's not worth going into. Back in the day - Midwest Sports Channel had all games - with decent announcers - and quality camera angles. Twenty five years later, we have to be ok with less than HD quality and bad announcers... pathetic. But it's a less costly alternative so the BTN is all over it.

Tonight's broadcast was awful on so many levels it's not worth going into. Back in the day - Midwest Sports Channel had all games - with decent announcers - and quality camera angles. Twenty five years later, we have to be ok with less than HD quality and bad announcers... pathetic. But it's a less costly alternative so the BTN is all over it.

The announcers were very amateurish but the picture quality was quite good I thought. "Back in the day" you couldn't see games if you lived outside of the television area. "Back in the day" an out-of-state recruit's family couldn't watch him unless they travelled to the games. "Back in the day" you couldn't replay the game if you had to miss it. "Back in the day" there wasn't a conference wide TV network that funneled dollars into the conference and raised the profile of the conference across the country.

One only needs to buy BTN+ to watch many of the November basketball games and you can watch the whole damn conference for $15 in that month. During November football still takes center stage. After that, most of the games are on BTN or some other network.

I picked up btn+ last night and watch on my iPad Pro - I thought the quality was really good - especially compared to some of the internet streams I usually watch for free. The announcers were ok. I figure I’ll just do the one month then I should be able to see the rest when carried by major networks( I only have internet, no cable tv and I’ve watched every game the last two years.

Top Bottom