Weather For Saturday - Maybe Not So Bad?

Iceland12

Reaction score
Though it won't matter to anybody who's not going, below are the links to the forecast for Saturday's game. If you look at the time period for the game, 11:00 to about 2:30 it really doesn't look as bad as it been made out to be. Yes, it's about 62 hours away but it looks like there is some hope that this time the Gophers won't be playing in the rain or snow. Well at least if Weather Underground and the Weather Channel are correct.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/mn/minneapolis/KMNMINNE309?cm_ven=localwx_10day

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/minneapolis-mn/55415/afternoon-weather-forecast/348794?day=4

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USMN0503:1:US

A very light rain/sleet/snow mix is possible early Saturday morning but it should be dry by game time. The wind will be the biggest factor in the morning, but that should become lighter as the game goes on. Temps will rise into the low to mid 40s with a few peaks of sun. Not bad at all.

The only time I ever felt cold at TCF was the 2013 Wisconsin game and it was very raw, even in the first half sun. Oddly enough the OSU game in 2014, although colder and damper felt much better.

I enjoy the late season outdoor games for the most part, but rain always makes it worse. i''d take a cold day with snow over the borderline sleet/ rain anytime, even though my comments about the OSU game contradict that.

Now weather services are saying it will be dry, high thirties, not a lot of wind and from the SW - which is good because it offers a weather-proof test of the Gophers and their coaches. Both teams need a win and it should be a good game. Which team will bring more heart and energy to it?

The only time I ever felt cold at TCF was the 2013 Wisconsin game and it was very raw, even in the first half sun. Oddly enough the OSU game in 2014, although colder and damper felt much better.

I enjoy the late season outdoor games for the most part, but rain always makes it worse. i''d take a cold day with snow over the borderline sleet/ rain anytime, even though my comments about the OSU game contradict that.

That 2012 game to end the season against MSU was pretty cold too if I recall correctly.
That being said I love outdoor football.

That 2013 Wisconsin game was NASTY. Just brutally cold.

Yes. That game was frigid. So was the season finale against Sparty (I believe) one year. Can't recall the year but it was Marqueis's SR year.

Yes. That game was frigid. So was the season finale against Sparty (I believe) one year. Can't recall the year but it was Marqueis's SR year.
Was that the year Le'veon Bell ran for 200+? I remember that game being brutal. Both cold and not fun to watch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That 2013 Wisconsin game was NASTY. Just brutally cold.

The band had to modify halftime that game because our instruments would freeze so quickly if we weren't constantly putting warm air through them. That game will always stick out in my mind as the coldest game I remember being at so far.

The only thing colder was the outdoor hockey game we hosted at TCF!

Looks like a decent day tomorrow. I am a shady-side fan but tomorrow might be one of those games where the sunny side is more comfortable (if the sun comes out).

But, the tailgate should be chilly but not crazy-cold and the game should be fine. I am in that gray area of maybe/maybe-not wearing long underwear for this one.

We were in the upper deck above the student section for that WI game. There was a HS team up in that area as well like there normally is. I couldn't believe how many of them were just in their letterman jackets, jeans, and regular shoes. No gloves, hats, boots, etc.

Top Bottom