MNDaily: Gophers Bring Experience to New Season

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.mndaily.com/article/2017...assmen-gophers-bring-experience-to-new-season

“We’re planning on having a really diverse team,” Edwards said. “In previous seasons, we’ve been more guard centered, but this year we’re focusing on having a really diverse offense. From posting up inside, three-point shooting and attacking the drive as well.”

Outside of Edwards, the team will bring back senior Bryanna Fernstrom and sophomore Taiye Bello, two centers that played major minutes last season. Together, the trio started a total of 32 games combined. Alongside Wagner in the backcourt, Kenisha Bell, who averaged 16.1 points per game and Gadiva Hubbard, who averaged 12.5 points, make their returns, as the Gophers focus on one area of the court in particular.

“Our team’s definitely focusing more on defense,” Edwards said. “We’re putting in a lot of work. We’re just going back to work, focusing on our footwork, and I think that’s really going to show during the season.”

Edwards said the team’s gelling together even better than last, a sentiment Stollings knows will play a major factor going forward.

“In previous seasons, we’ve been more guard centered, but this year we’re focusing on having a really diverse offense. From posting up inside, three-point shooting and attacking the drive as well.”

That doesn't sound like the Stollings I know.

“Our team’s definitely focusing more on defense,” Edwards said. “We’re putting in a lot of work. We’re just going back to work, focusing on our footwork, and I think that’s really going to show during the season.”

That doesn't sound like the Stollings I know.

sentiment Stollings knows will play a major factor going forward.

Going forward doesn't sound like the Stollings I know. She's always gone guard.

Top Bottom