What do we need to do to keep Nebraska from pulling off a road upset win?

swingman

Reaction score
My top 4 from preventing Nebraska from upsetting us in our house: win turnover battle, win special teams, avoid giving up the big pass play, win the rushing yards column.

if we plan on winning recruiting battles in St Louis, KC, and keep guys like Spielman in-State we need to beat Nebraska at TCF when we are the favorite...2-2 with Huskers in the last four years...time to gain the edge!

Just don't give up the 70 yard td's please.

Bet lots of money on Nebraska so the line moves in their favor and then a Nebraska win isn't an upset anymore. Just kidding...

I think we will need the o-line to sync up quickly with Weyler likely out and Greene possibly missing some playing time too. Nebraska is decimated as bad as the gophers with injuries, possibly worse. I think we can run the ball well if the line does just okay. They are 12th in run defense which should help us win the time of posession. I'd like to believe Croft takes a step forward this week and looks more comfortable in teh pocket.

Just don't make stupid mistakes. It'll be a close game if the team avoids penalties, plays sound defense (keeps the ball in front of them, bend don't break style) and the offense doesn't turn it over. Nebraska is facing about as many injuries as the Gophs. Grind them down with the running game like we prefer to do anyway. Rely on our strong kicking/punting game. That should be enough to keep it close into the 4th quarter. From there, we'll see.

Get the tight ends involved. We don’t have a lot of guys getting open at WR but maybe we can slip Lingen or someone else out for some seam routes

Sprint faster between quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3rd-and-long, when the Gophers come up to the line of scrimmage - just look over at the Nebraska players and say "Our culture is better than yours." That will demoralize them.

Or, how about this: want to win the game? Play better. If McCrary is healthy, he needs to get as many carries as he can handle.

Get the tight ends involved. We don’t have a lot of guys getting open at WR but maybe we can slip Lingen or someone else out for some seam routes
TE targets is one of the head scratchers for me. Why don't we involve Lingen but continue to throw at Stonehands Wozniak?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TE targets is one of the head scratchers for me. Why don't we involve Lingen but continue to throw at Stonehands Wozniak?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I can’t figure it out either. If Lingen is healthy he has to be our top receiving threat along with Johnson and he maybe has 15 targets on the year?

I can’t figure it out either. If Lingen is healthy he has to be our top receiving threat along with Johnson and he maybe has 15 targets on the year?

Might have to do with the QB. Could well be wrong, if so then fine. But I think Rhoda threw to the TE's more often.

Might have to do with the QB. Could well be wrong, if so then fine. But I think Rhoda threw to the TE's more often.

Yes I think he did too and it appears they are keeping the TEs in to provide protection more for Croft for sure. That’s one of the reasons the WRs have had a lot of trouble getting open as only three are going out to catch passes and they are easily covered by the defense.

Run the big guys, get at least 120 yards passing, and keep scoring. If you play not to lose, you'll lose, because Nebraska can make the big play with their QB and his top receivers. My guess is we'll play not to lose - and will lose. If we also kick a couple of field goals, maybe that won't happen. Have no confidence in our coaching staff on offense.

You'd hope that one of Tanner Lee's legs are accidentally hurt enough to take him out of the starting lineup for one thing.

Secondly, you'd hope that their defense mysterious lie down on the job so that they can spot us a couple of gimmies.

My top 4 from preventing Nebraska from upsetting us in our house: win turnover battle, win special teams, avoid giving up the big pass play, win the rushing yards column.

if we plan on winning recruiting battles in St Louis, KC, and keep guys like Spielman in-State we need to beat Nebraska at TCF when we are the favorite...2-2 with Huskers in the last four years...time to gain the edge!

I know you are talking BigTen, but don't we already have the edge alltime?

You'd hope that one of Tanner Lee's legs are accidentally hurt enough to take him out of the starting lineup for one thing.

Secondly, you'd hope that their defense mysterious lie down on the job so that they can spot us a couple of gimmies.
I thought we would want Lee in the lineup. Doesn't he throw about two pick sixes per game?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Some how, some way, find a way to win the dang game. Don't tell PJ we're favored...he'll spend 30 minutes telling us why we aren't.

I thought we would want Lee in the lineup. Doesn't he throw about two pick sixes per game?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Threw 3 ints last week.

Vegas line hasn't moved. Gophs still the favorite.

Expect some good Response today.

Threw 3 ints last week.

Vegas line hasn't moved. Gophs still the favorite.

Expect some good Response today.

Response from the team or from the fans on Gopherhole? :)

I don't know what to expect from this team, and I don't know what to expect from the coaches. And no matter what I think, the head coach will rattle off a long list of "reasons" (i.e. excuses) why the team did what it did.

Gopher football - where the head coach has been saying "we're so young" for the last 10 years. It's like that movie with Brad Pitt - the team keeps getting younger every year.

I hear there is an intense battle for fifth place in the B1G West. Someone is trying to dethrone the Gophers from their Fifth Place perch.

Top Bottom