AP: Minnesota tackle Donnell Greene facing discipline from Coach P.J. Fleck

Good old school philosophy... the team took his anger as a rallying cry!

New school philosophy... control your darn emotions and do things to help your team win. Instead of taking a pot shot, push your player around.

old school philosophy...use traps, pulls, fullbacks, two te sets, two rb sets, qb as a true running option or qb under center with play action threat, bootlegs

new school philosophy...even though I say we are at a huge talent deficit and we are not strong enough or old enough I am not going to find a way to try and gain a numbers advantage in the run game but will use wildcat with qb in backfield as neither a blocker or runner to be accounted for

old school philosophy...use traps, pulls, fullbacks, two te sets, two rb sets, qb as a true running option or qb under center with play action threat, bootlegs

new school philosophy...even though I say we are at a huge talent deficit and we are not strong enough or old enough I am not going to find a way to try and gain a numbers advantage in the run game but will use wildcat with qb in backfield as neither a blocker or runner to be accounted for

I'm in camp that since he got ejected, that is enough punishment. I hope he learned his lesson - as in, we learn more from our mistakes than our successes. Now if it occurs again then he didn't learn from this mistake, so another avenue of punishment is needed.

I'm in camp that since he got ejected, that is enough punishment. I hope he learned his lesson - as in, we learn more from our mistakes than our successes. Now if it occurs again then he didn't learn from this mistake, so another avenue of punishment is needed.

I agree with you on the punishment, and that should be it. but would bet he sits for a half this weekend.
anything more than that is stupid, that is the penalty for almost permanently hurting a player with targeting

if you plan on winning championships in the Big Ten, you better have some nasty on your offensive line...

I've always thought Epping standing up to Tx Tech in Houston 2012 Bowl game was a turning point that helped establish culture for some winning in 2013 and 2014...

if Donnell Greene misses game time for showing some emotion and toughness while Fleck and Smith and Ciarrocca showed no response or adjustment to an aggressive physical defense and offense, I'll be upset and I would guess the locker room will as well.

Lol

Like I said before if Greene does that on a hockey rink it's a 2-minute penalty and that's it. And his teammates would love him for it. Time has been served.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Like I said before if Greene does that on a hockey rink it's a 2-minute penalty and that's it. And his teammates would love him for it. Time has been served.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Punching someone in a college hockey game is an auto ejection.

Again I say, there is virtually no consequence then if you do something like that in the 4th quarter of a game that is already out of reach. Why not just punch someone in frustration the last play of every game you lose? No real consequence.

What's the discipline foe kicking a field goal in the fourth quarter of a game that is already out of reach. just about as dumb.

This is what I remember: there was shoving, Greene turns around and throws an open-fist punch at Michigan #23, then Michigan #14 comes over and gets in his face, both grab each other and are swarmed by other players, that's where I thought I saw Greene throw a close-fist punch at Michigan #14. Maybe my mind made that up though ...

This is correct. The first swat was the big one, then there was a scrum with 73 and 14 dancing and holding each other's helmets. 73 threw a quick left jab. Pretty safe to say he had "lost it". He potentially hurt the team, and he set a bad example. That said, I don't personally feel it rises to the level of diving at someone's knee or spearing them in the head, or coldclocking someone. He missed the entire 4th quarter. In a close game that could have been catastrophic. I think PJ will make an example of him but as we've seen other coaches will look at it as time served or a moment of weakness. We don't know what thenMichigan players were saying or doing to him as with Zac Epping vs TTU.

Punching someone in a college hockey game is an auto ejection.

Do you watch any college hockey? People punch people all the time and they just call it roughing. They pretty much let it go every time if the helmet is still on. If you drop your gloves and get into an actual fight they'll call it.

Do you watch any college hockey? People punch people all the time and they just call it roughing. They pretty much let it go every time if the helmet is still on. If you drop your gloves and get into an actual fight they'll call it.

Greene didn't have any gloves on...

Greene didn't have any gloves on...

I would be surprised to see any football player wearing hockey gloves. That might explain Wozniak's catching ability though....

And my analogy is that in a quick, heat of the moment scrum (like what happened with Greene) in college hockey, if someone punches (or slaps) someone in the facemask of their helmet, they won't get a fighting penalty nor will they be ejected for throwing a punch. It will be called 2 minutes for roughing.

I would be surprised to see any football player wearing hockey gloves. That might explain Wozniak's catching ability though....

And my analogy is that in a quick, heat of the moment scrum (like what happened with Greene) in college hockey, if someone punches (or slaps) someone in the facemask of their helmet, they won't get a fighting penalty nor will they be ejected for throwing a punch. It will be called 2 minutes for roughing.

Agree with you. I could be wrong as I believe this is the first time that this happened this year. Perhaps could have just been a teaching moment unless Greene has had some issues going on. Yes he did something he probably shouldn't have but in light of everything I'm hoping that Fleck doesn't go overboard on this and I'm a strong Fleck supporter.

This is what I remember: there was shoving, Greene turns around and throws an open-fist punch at Michigan #23, then Michigan #14 comes over and gets in his face, both grab each other and are swarmed by other players, that's where I thought I saw Greene throw a close-fist punch at Michigan #14. Maybe my mind made that up though ...

Open-fist punch?

Top Bottom