Chair vs. Bell

Mick Turition

Piss 'On Wisconsin'
Reaction score
We already have four trophy games. That is too many. The Bell trophy with Pedophile State is a joke dreamed up by some administrative dweeb when PSU joined the Big 10. We have no ties to PSU historically or otherwise and no one has any interest in developing any. Especially with their less than savory history. For God's sake, Indiana means more to the Gophers than Penn State and we don't have any trophies with the Hoosiers, even if they are an original B10 member such as ourselves. I admit I don't know much about the history of the broken chair trophy with the Huskers but I know it is a grassroots effort, not the result of collective short-minded stupidity of an administrative committee. Nebraska at least has a fairly long history of games with the U and they are geographically close and they are a member of the Big10West so we see them every year and we have just the very budding of an actual rivalry (never will match NEB-Iowa but will eventually will outshine the WI-NEB RedOff).

Drop the Bell.

Neither one is worth talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really believe Penn St should not even have a football team and I would prefer if the Gophers never had to play them again. I support dropping the bell. Remember when the trophy actually broke? If that's not a sign to let it go, I don't know what is.

Personally I love the Chair, and I can't understand why anyone wouldn't. The Bell can go smash, I wouldn't care.

On one hand, a completely organic trophy, born of online humor & now charity. Or a forced trophy that breaks, if you shake it too hard. It's the chair, no doubt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom