Thought you all might find this amusing.

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
Mods feel free to move this to off topic board if you want. It's kind of Gopher football related...

My fiance: "We need to pick a wedding date"

10 seconds later

My fiance "You are looking at the Gopher football schedule aren't you".

Our Wedding date: 9/22/2018 (Gopher football bye week)

See? She knows me.

On the other hand I'll be hearing about this the rest of our lives.

#RTB #SkiUMah

Lol, I hate to burst your bubble but the bye week wont be the same week every year. I made that mistake thinking it would only be once with the musky fishing opener. Never fished that weekend again. Anyway, congrats on your upcoming nuptuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I hate to burst your bubble but the bye week wont be the same week every year. I made that mistake thinking it would only be once with the musky fishing opener. Never fished that weekend again. Anyway, congrats on your upcoming nuptuals.

Yeah wont be the same every year but it is next year. Thank you.

You did good! Inviting the entire Gopher board to your wedding?

Smart man! And that’s exactly why I insisted on a spring wedding. Autumn Saturdays are for college football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations!

Also bye week.... we have our most insightful arguments then....

Waiting to hear a good "sit down in front" joke or something about which side(line) the home team will be located.

LOL, I hate to burst your bubble but our schedule is set years in advance.

Your point is that the bye week will always stay the same week?. Mmkay.

My point is that our bye week, for next season, has already been established. Thus the original poster's amusing anecdote (which somehow went over your head) about checking our schedule before setting his wedding date.

My point is that our bye week, for next season, has already been established. Thus the original poster's amusing anecdote (which somehow went over your head) about checking our schedule before setting his wedding date.

If you say so. I never said the bye week wouldn't be the same next year. Maybe you should actually read the comments before replying to them in the future. It apparently has gone over your head what always means.

I'm a licensed minister. If you need...I can marry you at your tailgate for the price of food/beer.

If you say so. I never said the bye week wouldn't be the same next year. Maybe you should actually read the comments before replying to them in the future. It apparently has gone over your head what always means.

Your comment was pointless, OP was clearly referring to the 2018 schedule.

Mods feel free to move this to off topic board if you want. It's kind of Gopher football related...

10 seconds later

See? She knows me.

#RTB #SkiUMah

Ha! Lucky for me my sister in law is as big of a Gopher fan as I am. My wife's response was don't worry, we won't schedule our wedding during football season. I am very blessed!

Smart - game schedules should always be consulted. Your guests will appreciate it. Congrats and best wishes!

Your comment was pointless, OP was clearly referring to the 2018 schedule.

Hey thanks for telling me what the point of my post was. Seriously people need to relax a little here and quit starting useless pissing matches that don't have anything to do with the post. Give a guy a little grief and end up with people jumping all over me. [emoji849]Smdh.

Good for you haha, that is awesome. Good luck to you both! Sounds like you found yourself someone worth keeping around

Congrats WFGF!

10 seconds later

See? She knows me.

#RTB #SkiUMah

Congratulations on both counts. :drink:

Thank you everyone. :)

Does the pre-nup have a Rose Bowl clause?

Yes actually. Funny you should ask that. We are not doing our honeymoon right after the wedding.

I agree to take her to Paris for our five year anniversary. She agrees that were going to the Rosebowl WHEN the Gophers make it.

She is a new Gopher fan because of me. This Saturday will be her third game.

Thank you everyone. :)

Yes actually. Funny you should ask that. We are not doing our honeymoon right after the wedding.

I agree to take her to Paris for our five year anniversary. She agrees that were going to the Rosebowl WHEN the Gophers make it.

She is a new Gopher fan because of me. This Saturday will be her third game.

Congrats, and nicely done!

Love it

Didn't Kill miss one of our games a couple years back for his daughter's wedding? He had to be in rough shape that day

Does your fiance like tuna casserole?
(Trying to plan my potluck item).
I'm Lutheran so a "hot dish" seems appropriate.

As a female and a huge college football fan, I find your scheduling completely reasonable.

Congratulations!

When my parents moved into an Independent Living Facility (with Assisted Living and Memory Care in same complex, which they subsequently moved to), Dad made sure to schedule it for a Bye Week. Smart Man.

Top Bottom