Detroit News: Harbaugh on Fleck's slogan: 'I like row the boat'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Detroit News:

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh has shared multiple personal insights during his Monday night radio show, “Inside Michigan Football,” and added yet another, saying he is a big fan of the nursery rhyme, “Row, Row, Row Your Boat.”

Harbaugh, interviewed on the show by his director of communications and operations, J.T. Rogan, was asked about Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck’s mantra, “Row The Boat.” Michigan defeated Minnesota, 33-10, last Saturday. Fleck used the slogan while leading Western Michigan’s program and took it with him.

Rogan asked Harbaugh if he has an opinion on that slogan, and he responded with his own take on the nursery rhyme.

“I like it. I like it a lot. I like row the boat,” Harbaugh said. “I’ve always been a big fan of the jingle, ‘Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream.’ I think there are so many great analogies in that song.

“Obviously the one P.J. uses, which is row your boat. You’re working, you’re rowing your boat, you’re taking care of your responsibilities is the way I interpret that. I would take out 'merrily' and put 'enthusiastically' down the stream.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...rbaugh-flecks-slogan-like-row-boat/107422198/

Go Gophers!!

"Enthusiasm" is to Harbaugh as "Elite" is to Fleck

Top Bottom