News and Notes for upcoming season.

bball_craz_31

Reaction score
I heard from a pretty reliable source that the team had a closed-door scrimmage against the University of South Dakota this last Sunday. They won 95-87. No info on how the scoring looked. Not sure but if giving up 85 to a South Dakota team is any indication, sounds like defense is still a much needed work-in-progress.

Starting five at this point is expected as

C: Jessie Edwards
PF: T.Bello
SF: Carlie Wagner
SG: Diva Hubbard
PG: K. Bell

First three off bench is Pitts, Fernstrom, and Gonzalez.

Thoughts and comments?

I heard from a pretty reliable source that the team had a closed-door scrimmage against the University of South Dakota this last Sunday. They won 95-87. No info on how the scoring looked. Not sure but if giving up 85 to a South Dakota team is any indication, sounds like defense is still a much needed work-in-progress.

Thoughts and comments?

Is there a box available for the scrimmage. The men's secret scrimmage box was available the next day.

I have seen nothing online. I tweeted at Gopher WBB and Star Tribune reporters to see if there was any info and received no response.

Is there a box available for the scrimmage. The men's secret scrimmage box was available the next day.

During the Gopher UW Green Bay exhibition the btn2go announcers mentioned the women had a closed scrimmage in Williams. But I couldn't find a mention anywhere else.

Thoughts and comments?

I'm still guessing Kaposi will start at PF. I'm taking the three post rotation seriously.

As far as defense, on the Ski-U-Mah Weekly broadcast McGillan was asked about the defense; but the most interesting part of the interview was Stollings saying the "defensive scheme and what we are trying to do is not drastically different."

Top Bottom