FiveThirtyEight: Current odds to make CFB Playoff (Wisconsin 37% top Big10 Team

Call me crazy, but I would like to see Wisc. win out, until they play us and then we beat them for the axe and to take them out of consideration for the CFP.
If we do not beat them and they go into the BIG title game undefeated and win it, nothing would be better than for them to be left out of the CFP in that case,
especially if they were passed over for a couple teams with 1 loss.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ult-to-leave-unbeaten-power-5-team-out-of-cfp

Saw this article and in theory I think Alvarez is right, but that is making the arrogant assumption of a perfect season. They still have to beat Iowa and Michigan, and both teams are looking tough in November. A loss to either of these teams leaves WI out of CFP IMO.

Correct. 538s model has them so low because it predicts they will lose a game.
In the model a 13-0 Wisconsin team has a 95% chance to make it.
If everyone in the top 5 wins out except for the loser of the SEC title game, Wisconsin has the 4th best odds to make the playoff in the model...ahead of Oklahoma.

the real question is why is the B1G in jeopardy. Is it because, mainly the East is so strong that they are beating each other up. Maybe Iowa is better than people thought or are improving with time...unlike the gophs in the West. OSU, MSU and PSU are having great years and anyone of them can beat each other and be competitive with bama, clem, GA ND...I think WI can even be competitive with them, hell even SCUM can be. Also, at one point, 3 B1G teams were in the top 6. OSU, PSU, and UW. UW has had pretty much a cake walk thus far. I think the B1G is by far the best conference in the country. ACC has 2 teams that are exemplary and the SEC does as well...BIG 12, TCU?? who did they actually play?? They would have a couple of losses in the B1G.

I think it work itself out, I doubt WI can go undefeated, if they do, props to them and they should be in the playoffs. ND will lose at Miami, Clemson, GA all will have another loss, OK U and TCU will have another loss, it will be fun to see this play out in the next few weeks.

the real question is why is the B1G in jeopardy. Is it because, mainly the East is so strong that they are beating each other up. Maybe Iowa is better than people thought or are improving with time...unlike the gophs in the West. OSU, MSU and PSU are having great years and anyone of them can beat each other and be competitive with bama, clem, GA ND...I think WI can even be competitive with them, hell even SCUM can be. Also, at one point, 3 B1G teams were in the top 6. OSU, PSU, and UW. UW has had pretty much a cake walk thus far. I think the B1G is by far the best conference in the country. ACC has 2 teams that are exemplary and the SEC does as well...BIG 12, TCU?? who did they actually play?? They would have a couple of losses in the B1G.

I think it work itself out, I doubt WI can go undefeated, if they do, props to them and they should be in the playoffs. ND will lose at Miami, Clemson, GA all will have another loss, OK U and TCU will have another loss, it will be fun to see this play out in the next few weeks.

Editing isn't working for some reason

basically what I am saying is wit would be a shame if the B1G was left out of the CFP

Top Bottom