Michigan Fans

TheSportsAce

Chief Executive Gopher Rube
Reaction score
I took my 10 and 7 year old sons to Ann Arbor this weekend. Yes, the game sucked...but...

I've been to half of the other campuses in the B1G, and never before have I had a better experience with the home fans. The campus was nice, sure. And The Big House was definitely worth visiting. But the people were fantastic to us, especially my kids. They were gracious, welcoming, generous and just plain kind before and after the game. It made for a really good time, even though our team barely showed up.

It's a long trip, but I'd highly recommend it to anyone in the future.

Some friends of mine went with their kids as well and said they were treated well by Michigan fans.

Some friends of mine went with their kids as well and said they were treated well by Michigan fans.

The Michigan fans around us were decent as well. They did let the refs have it though.

They'll be nice to Minnesota fans until we win 8 out of 10.

I went with a buddy and our 14-year old kids. We were greeted at restaurants and stores with "Welcome to Ann Arbor" and we tailgated at the golf course for 6 hours and folks were very welcoming there as well - they even helped push our car when we got stuck in the mud after the game (I can't believe they allowed tailgating on the Golf Course Saturday). Nothing but pleasant memories. Only PSU fans have been nicer in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Michigan fans around us were decent as well. They did let the refs have it though.

How do they react when the refs don't give them every call/non-call?

Honestly, how could they have had any issue with how that game was officiated? Unless they really are the nicest fans on earth and were upset for Minnesota fans.

Seems to me Nebraska fans were nice too until we beat them.

They were great to me too. Love the entire experience in Ann Arbor and surrounding the game at Michigan Stadium. I'll be back.

I went with a buddy and our 14-year old kids. We were greeted at restaurants and stores with "Welcome to Ann Arbor" and we tailgated at the golf course for 6 hours and folks were very welcoming there as well - they even helped push our car when we got stuck in the mud after the game (I can't believe they allowed tailgating on the Golf Course Saturday). Nothing but pleasant memories. Only PSU fans have been nicer in my experience.

After tailgating for 6 hours, I hope you let one of the 14-year-olds drive. at least they were (probably) sober. (remind me to tell you the story about the time my brother got his car stuck on some railroad tracks after a party...........)

I know a guy who works in media relations for the UNLV athletics dept. He said that every place is just like this.

Nice to hear about the Michigan fans.

Like other posters above said....it's hard to judge a fan base until you beat them. Anybody can be nice when everything's coming up Millhouse....

Still why I hold Penn State fans in high regard. In 2003, after we beat them, their fans in the tailgate lots were giving us steaks & treating their guests with anything they wanted....

I came across a little stray kitten recently. He hissed at me and tried but failed to pounce on me. It was cute.

Nice to hear, my limited experience:

Iowa fans - loud, arrogant and not very welcoming;
Nebraska fans - quiet, confident, condescending.

This wasn't my experience in Nebraska. Very nice to us before and after the game, with a number congratulating us on the win, impressed with our coach.

After tailgating for 6 hours, I hope you let one of the 14-year-olds drive. at least they were (probably) sober. (remind me to tell you the story about the time my brother got his car stuck on some railroad tracks after a party...........)

Of course I let one of the 14-year olds drive back to the hotel. You think I'm irresponsible enough to drive them around while drunk?

I hate Michigan fans with a passion and nothing you guys say can change my mind.

I'm not amused that the "best fans in college football" left gobs of trash all over the golf course. No wonder they charge $40 per car, the cleanup job ahead of them was no small job.

The Michigan fans treated us quite well, though. Compared with the louts in Madison and IC, they were downright hospitable.

I'm not amused that the "best fans in college football" left gobs of trash all over the golf course. No wonder they charge $40 per car, the cleanup job ahead of them was no small job.

The Michigan fans treated us quite well, though. Compared with the louts in Madison and IC, they were downright hospitable.

Badger fans can be bad, but nothing and no one on this earth are bigger d!cks to opposing fans than Hawkeye fans.

We also went to Michigan a couple of years ago when we won the jug. The fans there were absolutely the best! First thing I heard was, "Welcome to the Big House!" Very welcoming - good losers - told us to come back, but don't beat us next time!

Top Bottom