Les Miles

I am not sure what we have seen in Fleck that would lead you to believe he is a good X and O coach. He has never been a coordinator.

His last season with WMU set him apart as someone who does more with not a lot.

I was excited about Fleck, but I had a moment of pause with him that seems to be
panning out. Another 'talkative MAC program builder', whereas Les Miles is a next level guy
who's been there and knows how to do it, knows how to coach..

I was excited about Fleck, but I had a moment of pause with him that seems to be
panning out. Another 'talkative MAC program builder', whereas Les Miles is a next level guy
who's been there and knows how to do it, knows how to coach..
Funny you say that. Personally don’t think season tickets would have been bought by me if les was the coach

Nebraska hates there coach, Gopher fans are just frustrated with losing to Maryland and Purdue. I don't think Gopher fans hate PJ Fleck, a few of us would just like him to quit being kind of a spazz, the running at quarter break stuff is a little bit beneath a Big 10 conference coach maturity wise. He and his staff can coach, that much is clear to me, there is not the chaos there was during the Brewster years, and they have run some plays on offense and defense that indicates to me they are a creative staff willing to try new stuff and ask more of the players.
The whole thing is brand new, it is a brand new staff, new concepts, with players just starting to be able to execute some of the concepts. I expected this year to be a struggle, it is pretty clear it is going to take a different level of athlete and skill players to play as fast and at the championship level they want to grow the program too. They have not done anything that screams yes, fire the coach. Recruiting and better athletes is going to have to be the new lifeblood of the program. Not sure where they will get these guys from as there are not many that exist in the home state back yard. Going to have to pull athletes out of Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, and Missouri, Illinois in order to elevate to the type of skill position guy's they want to win with.

I thought I was the only one that cringes and shakes my head when I see Fleck running down the sideline after each quarter...Its childish and laughable....I have watched a lot of football games and seen a lot of good head football coaches that do not do that to improve the "Culture"....Please stop PJ with the antics and rhetoric, its already getting old after 9 games....Just win baby, no one cares about anything else you do or say.

I thought I was the only one that cringes and shakes my head when I see Fleck running down the sideline after each quarter...Its childish and laughable....I have watched a lot of football games and seen a lot of good head football coaches that do not do that to improve the "Culture"....Please stop PJ with antics and rhetoric, its already getting old after 9 games....Just win baby, no one cares about anything else you do or say.

I would have to agree that perhaps this is the only thing that bugs me. I think it was a habit years ago and he kept doing it. Someone needs to talk to him about that. Other than that, Fleck is our coach and not sure why people are wasting their time talking about Kiffen (who is a loser as to a positive culture) and Miles, well no one else has hired him so I think he has baggage. Lets concentrate on Nebraska, hopefully enjoy the Nebraska game and move on.

Funny you say that. Personally don’t think season tickets would have been bought by me if les was the coach

Even if Les brought the ability to beat the likes of Maryland and Purdue, maybe even Iowa? Cuz PJ didn't..

I thought I was the only one that cringes and shakes my head when I see Fleck running down the sideline after each quarter...Its childish and laughable....I have watched a lot of football games and seen a lot of good head football coaches that do not do that to improve the "Culture"....Please stop PJ with the antics and rhetoric, its already getting old after 9 games....Just win baby, no one cares about anything else you do or say.

Presactly, some of the crap he instills, like the fists on 4th down is junior high level antics

Miles just isn't charismatic enough. He could never generate the excitement and surge in ticket sales that Fleck has.

sheldon-sarcasm.png

Presactly, some of the crap he instills, like the fists on 4th down is junior high level antics

That bugs me too. Like nobody knows what down it is or something. Just a silly useless thing that does not and will not have anything to do with culture, the process or winning. Way to much time in practice has been wasted teaching players to do useless things like this rather than fundamentals like tackling and route running and etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That bugs me too. Like nobody knows what down it is or something. Just a silly useless thing that does not and will not have anything to do with culture, the process or winning. Way to much time in practice has been wasted teaching players to do useless things like this rather than fundamentals like tackling and route running and etc.

It's not an either or thing......

It's not an either or thing......

Dohkay ifyou say so. I'm sure most would agree that time in practice would be better spent actually practicing football rather than teaching players how to let everyone know what down it is.

Dohkay ifyou say so. I'm sure most would agree that time in practice would be better spent actually practicing football rather than teaching players how to let everyone know what down it is.

The fact that you think they spent this huge amount of practice time on what down it is rather than actual football says a lot.

The fact that you think they spent this huge amount of practice time on what down it is rather than actual football says a lot.

Can you quote exactly where I said they spent a "huge amount of practice time" anywhere in my posts?. The point is that any amount of time spent on stupid things like that or many of the acronyms is time that could have been better spent on something that actually makes the team better whether it be on the practice field or in the meeting room or wherever it occurs. Things like raising a fist on fourth down and most of the silly acronyms will never make the team play better.

Can you quote exactly where I said they spent a "huge amount of practice time" anywhere in my posts?. The point is that any amount of time spent on stupid things like that or many of the acronyms is time that could have been better spent on something that actually makes the team better whether it be on the practice field or in the meeting room or wherever it occurs. Things like raising a fist on fourth down and most of the silly acronyms will never make the team play better.

You're right you said "Way too much time.." No one believes raising a fist on fourth down or the acronyms make the team play better. Again, your notion that the coaching staff spent too much time on those type of things instead of actual football says a lot.

How long does it take for players to learn to raise their fists on 4th down?

90% of us were saying the same things about Pitino during and after the 2015-2016 season and look at where the basketball team is. Fleck needs a few years.

"Hey guys, on 4th down, we're going to put our fists in the air like this."
"Got it coach!"

Maybe on that day they extended practice by 10 seconds to get that in?

I think it's fine if some people think it's silly. But the players seem to really get into it. It's a team celebration, not a big deal IMO.

"Hey guys, on 4th down, we're going to put our fists in the air like this."
"Got it coach!"

Maybe on that day they extended practice by 10 seconds to get that in?

I think it's fine if some people think it's silly. But the players seem to really get into it. It's a team celebration, not a big deal IMO.

10 seconds can be spent telling them something that makes them better players. Don't think that it was never repeated either so I'm sure it was more than a single time.

Celebration?. You mean like the one the coach had after a made field goal while we were still losing earlier this year?

You're right you said "Way too much time.." No one believes raising a fist on fourth down or the acronyms make the team play better. Again, your notion that the coaching staff spent too much time on those type of things instead of actual football says a lot.

It says I wouldn't waste my time doing silly things like teaching my players they need to raise their fist on fourth down rather than something that would actually make them better players. Do you think it says something else?

10 seconds can be spent telling them something that makes them better players. Don't think that it was never repeated either so I'm sure it was more than a single time.

Celebration?. You mean like the one the coach had after a made field goal while we were still losing earlier this year?

Holy minor "problems" batman!

Are people really complaining about the players raising their fists on 4th down? The same act a lot of college and pro defensive players do. What is next, are you going to complain that Fleck told the players to always hand the ball to the official? Cannot believe he would have the audacity to do such a thing! I suppose the coach shouldnt preach responsibility, and encourage academics and volunteering in the community, because all that stuff might take away from football. What a joke some of these posters are.

Maybe they went over it while on a water break or in a meeting. If 10 seconds makes that much of a difference, why not extend practice 30 minutes each day? Think of how good we could be!

I'm assuming then that you're critical of all the teams that have their players hold up 4 fingers at the end of the 3rd quarter? Or teams that practice pregame warmup stuff.

As for your last sentence, I have no idea what this is referencing. Are you saying teams shouldn't celebrate a FG if they are losing?

Are people really complaining about the players raising their fists on 4th down? The same act a lot of college and pro defensive players do. What is next, are you going to complain that Fleck told the players to always hand the ball to the official? Cannot believe he would have the audacity to do such a thing! I suppose the coach shouldnt preach responsibility, and encourage academics and volunteering in the community, because all that stuff might take away from football. What a joke some of these posters are.

I've learned some interesting things in the past few days.

- Raising your fists to indicate 4th down is comparable to a cult.
- 10 seconds in practice is a huge deal.

Wow, this thread has gotten so stupid I can't even come up with a comment about it.

It's just one example among many. We all know there are many others. Not a fleck basher and hope he is here for a while but I will point ous something that is silly and useless.

Maybe they went over it while on a water break or in a meeting. If 10 seconds makes that much of a difference, why not extend practice 30 minutes each day? Think of how good we could be!

I'm assuming then that you're critical of all the teams that have their players hold up 4 fingers at the end of the 3rd quarter? Or teams that practice pregame warmup stuff.

As for your last sentence, I have no idea what this is referencing. Are you saying teams shouldn't celebrate a FG if they are losing?

If you think it's time well spent then so be it (I can't believe there are actually people like that). I don't. There are other things that don't make this a better team also.

I was referring to our coaches celebration of a made field goal while we were losing earlier this year. I don't recall the exact game but it wasn't a good look to be celebrating while we are losing and makes him look like a fool.

Top Bottom