Fleck: We got whooped...100% my fault

He says that he used the exact same script to take W Michigan from 1-11 to 13-0 and a NY6 Bowl Game vs Wisconsin.

If true, why would you not at least try to follow the exact same script?

Well, we're facing the potential of 1 conference win so that's a check. Do we have a top 5 pick WR talent falling into our laps? Do we have equivalent or better recruiting classes than Big Ten opponents? Unknown. I'd say the jury is out on whether that script will work well. Not saying it won't, but personally I wouldn't be slavish to it. Maybe we will start recruiting at a high level soon.

Come on guys... I'm not an apologist but it wouldn't have matter what plays we ran or who the coach was.... We were gonna get drilled. We are gutted so bad at DB and OL that by the end of the game, we literally had 0 backups beyond burning red shirts. And I don't want him to burn them at thus point. Also, we have no depth and experience at Wr and QB.

So, we can be critical of the coach for losing because he is the coach and for what he says post game. But it didn't matter the words he said. He said the loss is on me bc that's what a good coach would say and the rest doesn't matter.

Claeys could have been coaching yesterday and we still probably would have been drilled the same way....we don't have the horses at the right positions....that's the reason. Fleck knows it. If he doesn't say it out loud after every game, we should understand it anyways.

And for the playcalling: yes, KC couls have called it differently or tried different plays from different sets. However, maybe they did and it was blown up just like the rest like the bootleg off the RPO when Rodney goes in motion and doubles back. Maybe it is KCs fault or maybe Croft can't figure it out...idk

It's the coaches fault but JHC we have 2 RFR, a guy who didn't lift weights for 6 months and 2 decent jucos and no backups on the OL, basically no backup DB now with all the injuries. Pretty sure we didn't play nickel in the 4 qtr because huff, McGhee were f-ed up.

Rant over. Not being critical of posters on here but this 2010 depth. Not talent but depth.

....we don't have the horses at the right positions....that's the reason. Fleck knows it. <b>If he doesn't say it out loud after every game, we should understand it anyways.</b>

When has PJ missed an opportunity to tell us all this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on guys... I'm not an apologist but it wouldn't have matter what plays we ran or who the coach was.... We were gonna get drilled. We are gutted so bad at DB and OL that by the end of the game, we literally had 0 backups beyond burning red shirts. And I don't want him to burn them at thus point. Also, we have no depth and experience at Wr and QB.

So, we can be critical of the coach for losing because he is the coach and for what he says post game. But it didn't matter the words he said. He said the loss is on me bc that's what a good coach would say and the rest doesn't matter.

Claeys could have been coaching yesterday and we still probably would have been drilled the same way....we don't have the horses at the right positions....that's the reason. Fleck knows it. If he doesn't say it out loud after every game, we should understand it anyways.

And for the playcalling: yes, KC couls have called it differently or tried different plays from different sets. However, maybe they did and it was blown up just like the rest like the bootleg off the RPO when Rodney goes in motion and doubles back. Maybe it is KCs fault or maybe Croft can't figure it out...idk

It's the coaches fault but JHC we have 2 RFR, a guy who didn't lift weights for 6 months and 2 decent jucos and no backups on the OL, basically no backup DB now with all the injuries. Pretty sure we didn't play nickel in the 4 qtr because huff, McGhee were f-ed up.

Rant over. Not being critical of posters on here but this 2010 depth. Not talent but depth.

+1

I've said it before but I feel like there is an internal (or perhaps literal) script PJ is following. This week we'll run exclusively inside zone no matter what. I won't burn redshirts in Year 0. Won't run Rhoda. Have to fail to grow in year 0.

I had a lady friend that literally had every year of her life planned out in a three ring binder; promotions, children, house, etc. It freaked me out so much I had to move on.

So her plan to "dump the Elitist" in month two had nothing to do with it?

He says that he used the exact same script to take W Michigan from 1-11 to 13-0 and a NY6 Bowl Game vs Wisconsin.

If true, why would you not at least try to follow the exact same script?

My question is why is anyone surprised by this lack luster performance? His own track record (1-11 year 1) suggested this is likely what we would get.

Not sure what everyone is all worked up about, unless you didn’t see this as a first season possiblity when he was hired.

Our culture is the best culture. We are winning the B1G in culture. I’m going to go to the State Fair. And have a picture with the culture trophy. I’ll wear yellow shoes and run real fast. Honestly, I gave Brewster a longer leash. He seemed more genuine. And seemed at least even in play calling. I won’t bring it up again, not a crusade, but come on, isn’t anyone else tired of full responsibility for irresponsible behavior?

“On the way to being a champion, on the way to being successful, we got to understand what it’s like to be whooped — and we got whooped,” Fleck said. “But again, we got whooped, 33-10, it wasn’t 79-6.” -Fleck

A few thoughts:

1). If you have to understand what it's like to be whooped to be a champion, we would already be champions.

2). There is no correlation between getting whooped and being a champion. It's an inverse relationship.

3). What's with the comment on the score? Is that supposed to be a silver lining?

I'm really not fond of talking just to talk.

A few thoughts:

1). If you have to understand what it's like to be whooped to be a champion, we would already be champions.

2). There is no correlation between getting whooped and being a champion. It's an inverse relationship.

3). What's with the comment on the score? Is that supposed to be a silver lining?

I'm really not fond of talking just to talk.

It wasn't an Elite whooping I guess, bright side.

A few thoughts:

I'm really fond of bitching just to bitch.

FIFY

My question is why is anyone surprised by this lack luster performance? His own track record (1-11 year 1) suggested this is likely what we would get.

Not sure what everyone is all worked up about, unless you didn’t see this as a first season possiblity when he was hired.

His first year at WMU was bad, too - considering the previous five years there had been 9-4, 5-7, 6-6, 7-6, 4-8. His debut was a dip well below the average. If the parallel holds, we should see a much better record next year, though probably not 9 wins.

Top Bottom