Fleck: We got whooped...100% my fault

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

What does he mean by "not going to compromise anything to sacrifice the culture"?
You don't have to sacrifice culture by calling a good game plan.

“On the way to being a champion, on the way to being successful, we got to understand what it’s like to be whooped — and we got whooped,” Fleck said. “But again, we got whooped, 33-10, it wasn’t 79-6.” -Fleck

“On the way to being a champion, on the way to being successful, we got to understand what it’s like to be whooped — and we got whooped,” Fleck said. “But again, we got whooped, 33-10, it wasn’t 79-6.” -Fleck

Empty, Empty promises....In three years they might be respectable again at 7-5, 8-4....Claeys could have done that...The guy is full sh!t and beginning to realize he is in over his head.

What does he mean by "not going to compromise anything to sacrifice the culture"?

I don't get this either. Is there something we could have done to win, but didn't because it would compromise the culture. There wasn't anyone suspended was there?

I don't get this either. Is there something we could have done to win, but didn't because it would compromise the culture. There wasn't anyone suspended was there?

The only thing I can maybe think he's getting at is burning redshirts, but I don't think that's a culture thing.

The only thing I can maybe think he's getting at is burning redshirts, but I don't think that's a culture thing.

I would imagine the context of the quote would answe the question you’re asking

this is an easy question to answer

They are not going to run different plays out of the same sets to confuse the defense (MN nice)
They are not going to have short routes to help the QB with moving the ball
They are going to introduce the stupidest wildcat play in the history of the game.
They are basically going to telegraph all offense plays.
They are not going to tackle the ball carrier (it might hurt him)
We are building Coach Jim's confidence for year 2 or year 3

It is quotes like these that prevent me from listening to his post game news conference. That is some stupid salesman sh!t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok...

What he means is they are going to work on players in all four areas of their life. It's not just football.
Academics, social, spiritual, etc....

Reading into it deeper, I think he means we're going to run schemes that he believes are right to win longterm. Offensively, defensively, etc.
Not interested in doing something different than the long term plan for this season to try to win one extra game.

You're build the program by building from the ground up, per the plan or curriculum you lay out.

An analogy would be, we're going to teach the student all of the building blocks to understand the subject per the curriculum.
We're not just going to study the answers to pass the test.

Essentially, we're not going to do things they were before just because it was comfortable for the players or made is easier for them. We're going to do it the way that it's consistent so by the time they are in their third or fourth year, they know it like the back of their hand and can execute at a high rate.

Some on here will read it however the PJ is robbing the Juniors and Seniors and purposely losing games.

I recall a kid playing basketball in high school. He kept saying "Sorry, my fault" when something went wrong. This went on for a few practices until the coach finally got fed up and said, "No sh!t it's your fault. The whole d@mn team knows it's your d@mn fault. Stop apologizing and start doing the right thing!"
I feel that way about PJ. We all know it's 100% on you. You don't need to tell us. What you need to do is stop apologizing and just do the right thing.

Man, I really, really want this guy to succeed. I want to be able to say, "Yeah, he's a whack job, but he's our whack job".

Ok...

What he means is they are going to work on players in all four areas of their life. It's not just football.
Academics, social, spiritual, etc....

Reading into it deeper, I think he means we're going to run schemes that he believes are right to win longterm. Offensively, defensively, etc.
Not interested in doing something different than the long term plan for this season to try to win one extra game.

You're build the program by building from the ground up, per the plan or curriculum you lay out.

An analogy would be, we're going to teach the student all of the building blocks to understand the subject per the curriculum.
We're not just going to study the answers to pass the test.

Essentially, we're not going to do things they were before just because it was comfortable for the players or made is easier for them. We're going to do it the way that it's consistent so by the time they are in their third or fourth year, they know it like the back of their hand and can execute at a high rate.

Some on here will read it however the PJ is robbing the Juniors and Seniors and purposely losing games.

He is however robbing season ticket holders of their money....Get rid of the donations and discount tickets next year or there will be 15000 for the non-conference games

Definitely could be mine. Gave it my best shot.

I have no idea. I didn’t hear the context.

I think it is a strange quote to tweet. Given no context it would confuse a lot of people. Although maybe no context was given, then it is his problem.

Watched Iowa play a near perfect game. Then I watched the Gophers and it was like seeing St. Scholastica against the Patriots. Iowa runs the most amazing trick plays. Our trick is we switch to wildcat and nothing comes of it. Where the hell is Richardson?????? Our defensive ends were fooled on so many plays. This was a nightmare. Then we go for a field goal at the end instead of trying for a 5-yard touchdown. Are you f'ing kidding me. Fleck is a huge disappointment. At least he can outrun Harbaugh. At least Wacker could score a lot of points. When the hell is the culture going to kick in? Bring me a joint someone please.

Watched Iowa play a near perfect game. Then I watched the Gophers and it was like seeing St. Scholastica against the Patriots. Iowa runs the most amazing trick plays. Our trick is we switch to wildcat and nothing comes of it. Where the hell is Richardson?????? Our defensive ends were fooled on so many plays. This was a nightmare. Then we go for a field goal at the end instead of trying for a 5-yard touchdown. Are you f'ing kidding me. Fleck is a huge disappointment. At least we can outrun Harbaugh. At least Wacker could score a lot of points. When the hell is the culture going to kick in? Bring me a joint someone please.

I am just glad we don’t play Iowa. They’d beat us by 100!

Michigan didn't just have better athletes they had a better game plan

I never thought from the first series that the defensive alignment would be succesfull. Not enough depth from the line backers to the line of scrimmage. They always caught the Gophers stacking to many people in the same area. Defensive ends seemed fooled on every counter play the ran. The passing plays were strange. No rythem stuff quick outs hitches to get Croft going. That wildcat play should have been bagged after two stuffs. Nothing open to tight ends at all. It was just a lousy football game sans 1 touchdown drive.

He is however robbing season ticket holders of their money....Get rid of the donations and discount tickets next year or there will be 15000 for the non-conference games

I'm not a season ticket holder.
True. Season ticket holders could be disappointed.

That might explain the different levels of anguish here.

Yeah, let's not compromise the culture... quitting and settling for a field goal, then no on-sided kick is sure setting up a great culture. Might as well kneel on every play when down by 20+. Row The Boat(unless down by 20+)

Welcome to the Big Ten Coach P.J. Fleck!

It is not just a matter of the Gophers improving year-to-year.

It is also how the competition improves and game plan against the Gophers.

Coaching is only part of the equation. You need to get talent wherever you can get them knowing that you won't get the players that tOSU, MSU, PSU get. At least until you established that you can win a Big West Championship. It is a Catch-22. But, it can be done.

This is a quadruple Red Bull wake up call IMHO:

1. Stabilize the O-Line with power, size, and depth.
2. Improve Team Speed across the board.
3. Recruit a game changer QB and soon.
4. Pay close attention to home state talent.

We are letting good players get away from right under our own noses without even realizing it.

Pay close attention to all parts of the state by building close relationships with HS coaches especially outside of the Twin Cities Metro area. We are letting massive offensive linemen and LBs get away.

Sure, we need to recruit high three & four stars out of state. The "skilled" positions in particular like WRs , RBs, DTs, and DBs with speed. We don't have enough home grown ones. There simply aren't enough.

Wisconsin does a good job of identifying and recruiting key in state talent. That is where they get their offensive line stability from. That is partially why they are winning consistently.

The health and longevity of offensive linemen requires that you have good depth. They don't have to be necessarily all spectacular. Just serviceable by developing them in your strength and conditioning program.

I've been a huge Fleck supporter but that stupid wildcat play was so dumb. I wouldn't even call that play in NCAA 14 up by 50. Not sure what's going on with the play calling. Obviously need more screens and short passes if we can't run. Is cirocca actually limegrover in disguise?

Top Bottom