Post Game Thoughts

Are you kidding me? The kids quit. Are you watching the same game as me. The kids quit on PJ. They are not buying what he is selling. The excuse that we are young is nothing more than an excuse. Michigan is just as young. Everyone is talking about our recruits. You mean all the ones that were committed to MAC schools. Welcome back to being bottom feeders.

I eagerly await your swift ban.

Based on your assessment, we will have more talent next year than this year. PJ recruiting, great coaching.

Surely more wins will follow.

Until the excuses flow. You want it both ways. Not gonna happen.

Yes I think they will be better next year.

We have 1 B1G win, and have the easiest schedule in the conference. We lost to Purdue.

You're right, the house isn't on fire. It's a smoldering pile of ash. Regardless of who people want to point the finger at, it's still happening. I don't see how pretending like that's not happening provides any benefit.

We were through much, MUCH worse than this season at least thrice in just the previous 10 seasons alone, and none of those had anywhere near the injuries that the 2017 squad has. The biggest issues are (1) lack of overall, deep talent, and (2) injuries. I have little doubt that in the next season or two things will be far improved.

Are you kidding me? The kids quit. Are you watching the same game as me. The kids quit on PJ. They are not buying what he is selling. The excuse that we are young is nothing more than an excuse. Michigan is just as young. Everyone is talking about our recruits. You mean all the ones that were committed to MAC schools. Welcome back to being bottom feeders.

"The kids quit" You can't be f'ing serious. Are you older than 10? If so, you'd know the modern history of Gophers vs. Michigan, and it isn't pretty. 33-10 is not that different than an average MI > MN outcome.

Maybe he should try modesty first, and maybe we'd give him a bit more leeway.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Fleck likes to talk a lot about "culture". In American culture there is a conflict between the more recent "look at me" movement and the more traditional unassuming, humble side. Fleck says "I"m not for everyone" and he is right. He is aware that his attention-seeking side rankles a number of folks (mainly older) in the fan base. This country (and Minnesota in particular) was a place where sports figures were once expected to model behavior on the self-effacing side and were beloved partly because they did so (Harmon Killebrew) but things have changed. Posturing (Randy Moss) seems to be OK if results are delivered. If Fleck doesn't win here, he has set himself up to be a colossal punch-line.

Doesn't change the point, at all. Fine, pretend Jacob Huff vanished into thin air.

As my question still correctly asks: who is there to replace McGhee after benching him?? Is there no one else worthy of even trying??

You are entitled to your opinion. However, when you don't even know who started and base part of your rant on a depth chart that has been a comic strip all year it doesn't really make me think you spend a lot of time watching the Gophers. Duke wasn't great last night and has struggled at times this year, but belongs on the field in our current situation. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And as usual your posts don't make any sense.

"Yes I think they will be better next year"

How many wins will "better next year" translate into? Pretty simple.

One one hand, you have said the D is so much worse than the past few year due to injuries, graduations, etc etc. On the next hand you say they are on par with the past few years.

Perhaps it is you who is not making sense.

"Yes I think they will be better next year"

How many wins will "better next year" translate into? Pretty simple.

One one hand, you have said the D is so much worse than the past few year due to injuries, graduations, etc etc. On the next hand you say they are on par with the past few years.

Perhaps it is you who is not making sense.

I've repeatedly said the talent is worse. I've also repeatedly said the defensive performance has been similar to or even slightly better than last year. I haven't changed my opinion at all.

I think most of us agree that they will be better next year. I don't believe the players quit on us yesterday. One of those deals where the game just snowballed. Think Ohio State quit playing Iowa yesterday?

I've repeatedly said the talent is worse. I've also repeatedly said the defensive performance has been similar to or even slightly better than last year. I haven't changed my opinion at all.

Sure thing gwg. Defensive stats and rankings do not, then, equate to wins.

Fleck likes to talk a lot about "culture". In American culture there is a conflict between the more recent "look at me" movement and the more traditional unassuming, humble side. Fleck says "I"m not for everyone" and he is right. He is aware that his attention-seeking side rankles a number of folks (mainly older) in the fan base. This country (and Minnesota in particular) was a place where sports figures were once expected to model behavior on the self-effacing side and were beloved partly because they did so (Harmon Killebrew) but things have changed. Posturing (Randy Moss) seems to be OK if results are delivered. If Fleck doesn't win here, he has set himself up to be a colossal punch-line.
Dennis Rodman. Randy Moss, Deion Sanders. It’s OK to be over the top and have results. That isn’t generational. Joe Namath was beloved and retired before most of you were born. Most generations have a low ceiling for failure.

Offense had been problematic for decades. Mediocre at best last year. 9 wins.

Did I mention your excuses?

And mediocre would be a huge step up this year. I'm sorry you take reality as an excuse. What's your excuse for complete ignorance?

Cashmen is a substitution player not fast enough to be an every down player at linebacker. He doesn't have the size to hold up to the pounding. He would get abused by the tight end or crossing routes and exposed if he had to play every down. He is good football player, he has good instincts and can make plays when put in the right situations. He is not a player that can elevate a defense and play every snap, just no way he could physically be that guy. I think you can play Cashman, but not on every down, or against a power front with no wideouts.
Speed is not cashmans problem. He plays as fast as any of our lbs

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Yeah I think Cashman has earned a shot at a full time role. He has played quite a bit as a 3rd down pass rusher this year but hasn't had a lot of success. The defense was better yesterday with him in the game for Celestin. Celestin just looks too banged up to play right now.

And mediocre would be a huge step up this year. I'm sorry you take reality as an excuse. What's your excuse for complete ignorance?

When it suits your story you make excuses for pj. Ignorance eh. Look in the mirror before you kiss pj’s a$$ next time.

When it suits your story you make excuses for pj. Ignorance eh. Look in the mirror before you kiss pj’s a$$ next time.

And the only thing you do on here is rip people who support the coach. Try bringing something to the table for once.

Straight line or head on quickness no.

Lateral quickness, running side to side, and shuffling is the issue I see with him. Playing trail coverage on the tight ends or covering tailback is the issue. If not I think he would already start cause he hustle' s as well as anyone. If you limit his number of snaps he is better that way.

Lateral quickness, running side to side, and shuffling is the issue I see with him. Playing trail coverage on the tight ends or covering tailback is the issue. If not I think he would already start cause he hustle' s as well as anyone. If you limit his number of snaps he is better that way.

How do you know he doesn't have lateral quickness? Do you have examples? Would you say the same thing about Carter Coughlin when he's playing LB? How about Cody Poock?

Put him out there then

How do you know he doesn't have lateral quickness? Do you have examples? Would you say the same thing about Carter Coughlin when he's playing LB? How about Cody Poock?

He is stiff in the hips guy. They will pick on him if he plays every down. Let them play him on every down like people here are calling for, he will get targeted for screens and the same counters they attacked Celestin with. My observatipn when I have seen him play.

Okay so how would you improve the offense the rest of the season? I think they need to find a way to get Lingen involved. Rhoda seemed to have some luck finding him and maybe he's not quite healthy, but in the past has been a guy that can win on single coverage.
Against Nebraska we should hopefully be able to run the ball as well. I would love to see another Big Ten win this weekend to make that NW game more interesting.

Okay so how would you improve the offense the rest of the season? I think they need to find a way to get Lingen involved. Rhoda seemed to have some luck finding him and maybe he's not quite healthy, but in the past has been a guy that can win on single coverage.
Against Nebraska we should hopefully be able to run the ball as well. I would love to see another Big Ten win this weekend to make that NW game more interesting.

I'm not sure how much it really can improve this season, but I would start by running the ball on 3rd and 2 with McCrary or Brooks if he's healthy.

I'm not sure how much it really can improve this season, but I would start by running the ball on 3rd and 2 with McCrary or Brooks if he's healthy.

He might have suffered a concussion on the kickoff fumble recovery right, but point taken.

He is stiff in the hips guy. They will pick on him if he plays every down. Let them play him on every down like people here are calling for, he will get targeted for screens and the same counters they attacked Celestin with. My observatipn when I have seen him play.

I'll be the first to admit I can't tell a stiff hips guy from a loose hips guy, but I will say this about Cashman... He has been underestimated from the time he was recruited as a walkon and he has done nothing short of making the most of his opportunities since then. 3rd down rush - OK. Special Teams - OK. Replace injured JC13 - OK. I wouldn't underestimate him.

Exactly. What does Burner propose as a solution? Claeys isn't coming back.

Maybe Burner just isn't a Fleck fan. Why do you always assume that means someone wants Claeys back? I don't think anyone on this site brings up TC more than you.

Top Bottom