What grade wold you give Fleck in his first Jug game?

First Jug game for Fleck. What's your grade?

• A

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • B

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • C

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • D

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • F

Votes: 54 43.2%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
First Jug game for Fleck, what's the grade?

This one is on the coaches. We weren’t prepared, couldn’t tackle and took terrible angles all night. The defensive game plan was atrocious. As was the offensive game plan.

This one is on the coaches. We weren’t prepared, couldn’t tackle and took terrible angles all night. The defensive game plan was atrocious. As was the offensive game plan.

Cmon now...This is year 0, new culture, no talent, injuries, game was delayed, Michigan was too fast to tackle, wins dont matter till 2020...etc...I could write more but my fingers hurt.

Cmon now...This is year 0, new culture, no talent, injuries, game was delayed, Michigan was too fast to tackle, wins dont matter till 2020...etc...I could write more but my fingers hurt.

I agree, year zero. Whatever the players could do last year is invalid this year plus a coach cannot win without their own recruits. Nick Saben quits and Alabama goes 2 games under next year.

I agree, year zero. Whatever the players could do last year is invalid this year plus a coach cannot win without their own recruits. Nick Saben quits and Alabama goes 2 games under next year.

What does your Nick Saban reference even mean? Alabama is the most talented team in the country.

F--

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This was an absolutely typical Michigan Minnesota game. Seen it for the last 40 years.
Margin of loss was right in there with the other 30+ losses.
Better than some, worse than others.

That wild cat wrinkle equals bad film study, poor executionion, and should be flushed from the pkaybook. Two huge touchdown runs off missed tacle, poor GAP discipline nd poor angles. Celestin usually better than this. Playcalling on offense was flat terrible. All the deep balls called were never going to succeed. Defensive tacles did not control middle of the flield.. Just a lousy football game. Nothing redeeming really to take from it. Not a fun game to watch.

Four people have given Fleck an "A" for this showing. This is laughable!

This was a good ole' fashion Bo Schembechler @$$ kicking. We were beat in every aspect and sent home with our tail between our legs. Fleck was out coached. Hopefully every person puts this game in their memory bank because Michigan gave us the blueprint for what we need to become.

I'm not sure what people would've wanted Fleck to do differently. Michigan is a talented team. We are not.

I'm not sure what people would've wanted Fleck to do differently. Michigan is a talented team. We are not.

First, stop running the wild cat. Second, run a screen play on obvious passing down. On third and short, run a skinny post to the right end. Just mix it up a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a not a great Michigan team. They are on their 2nd QB, had virtually no passing game and were quite sloppy with penalties. They are unranked and unless they pull a couple upsets may end up a 4 loss team.

This is a not a great Michigan team. They are on their 2nd QB, had virtually no passing game and were quite sloppy with penalties. They are unranked and unless they pull a couple upsets may end up a 4 loss team.

Actually he is their 3rd qb.

I can't believe all the talent we must have lost to graduation from last year when we almost beat Penn State there and killed WSU in the bowl. Mitch is starting to look good to me as is Tracy

I can't believe all the talent we must have lost to graduation from last year when we almost beat Penn State there and killed WSU in the bowl. Mitch is starting to look good to me as is Tracy

They benched their 2nd QB for him.

Remember that time Nick Saban went 6-6 at Alabama after Alabama had been 6-6 the year before and 10-2 two years before?

If you talked to their coach he is their 1st QB

Tough problem when your #3 (and now starting QB) is only a 4-star recruit.

The wildcat deserves an F on its own. Slowest and least wild ever.

For the record, I went with a "C".
So I'm not one of the four.

I wish we would stop hiring motivational head coached and hire an X's n O's head coach. Kill was a motivational coach with a great defensive staff. Claeys was an X's n O's coach. Fleck is a motivational coach. A motivational coach needs great athletes and talent to win unless they have great coaches under them. If not, then they will fail no matter how good the recruiting gets... Brewster. Kill/Claeys never really had top recruiting classes but always found ways to win, even sent some not so highly rated players to the NFL. So far, I am not impressed with Fleck's coaches under him. Don't forget, he didn't even bring his defensive coaches with him to MN. And recruiting for the MAC vs B10 is night and day. Sure Kill/Claeys may not be able to get any 4 star recruits but they have never needed them. They just find people who can develop. Remember, we were winninbg in spite of bad QB play. Remember when we lost all those good DBs and thought the DBs was bare? We still developed more... well I would imagine the same thing this year had Claeys not been fired. What am I gettinbg at? I dunno, I just hope Fleck knows what he is doing because so far, it doesn't look like it... And his culture code talk is getting old fast.

They "killed" WSU in the bowl? The difference in that game was a Mitch Leidner horrible read that should have picked being dropped by the DB and falling in to the arms of Shannon Brooks for a touchdown. The final was 17-12, WSU lead 6-3 at half... that WSU juggernaut also lost to Eastern Washington. The Gophers almost lost to Rutgers at home last year, just like they almost beat Penn State. This stuff was literally just a year ago...how does it get romanticized this quickly?

Fleck gets a D- for this game. If you can't run between the tackles because your OL isn't physical/good enough and you don't have a QB, I can't give you an F...points for stopping Michigan twice on D to open the second half and giving the Offense the ball twice with good field position and a chance to make it a game...that's literally the only thing nice I can say about any aspect of the game.

Fleck needs to recruit new coaches. There are a couple of keepers, not many. He is going to have a terrible recruiting top talent. A tough time keeping the best of those he does recruit. The good coaches from good teams are going to come after those that are good enough. Snake oil wears off in time. He isn't competing with MAC coaches for B1G talent. This is a different ball game. He gets a resounding F in all areas, not just this game. Not a bad deal for $3M.

He maybe could have made the jump at a helmet school that recruits itself and has a budget for a great coaching staff to coach up the players while he runs around the field.

Top Bottom