What grade wold you give Fleck in his first Jug game?

First Jug game for Fleck. What's your grade?

• A

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • B

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • C

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • D

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • F

Votes: 54 43.2%

• Total voters
So your saying we should expect 2 losses next year and be undefeated in 2019?

Saying upgrading coaching doesn’t always correspond to winning more immediately.

Just like downgrading coaching doesn’t correspond to losing immediately (see larry coker)

The disaster of Minnesota Football is the fault of Coyle and Kaler. The current situation is not Fleck's fault.

Minnesota had three very good coaches. Claeys, Sawvil, Johnson are very good and experienced coaches.
Minnesota was close to winning the Western Division last year. The Gophers were ahead of Penn State until
the last play of the 4th quarter and were leading Wisconsin in the 4th quarter. The Gophers lead the
Western Division in scoring last year. Minnesota beat a good Washington State team in the bowl.

Coyle and Kaler created this mess and it will take many years to correct.

The disaster of Minnesota Football is the fault of Coyle and Kaler. The current situation is not Fleck's fault.

Minnesota had three very good coaches. Claeys, Sawvil, Johnson are very good and experienced coaches.
Minnesota was close to winning the Western Division last year. The Gophers were ahead of Penn State until
the last play of the 4th quarter and were leading Wisconsin in the 4th quarter. The Gophers lead the
Western Division in scoring last year. Minnesota beat a good Washington State team in the bowl.

Many years to correct? No I don't think so.

Many years to correct? No I don't think so.

What do consider many? PJ himself said it will take 3 to "fix" the problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seen a non-significant Bowl Game victory mean so much to people.

Washington St lost to Eastern Washington last year.
We're all happy about the bowl win, but it's not like it was a top 5 team.

Saying upgrading coaching doesn’t always correspond to winning more immediately.

Just like downgrading coaching doesn’t correspond to losing immediately (see larry coker)

...and vice-versa. Was an entire thread earlier on this with stats...almost as likely to do as good or better than predecessor as do worse.

Back to your trolling ways...

Maybe so, but then one could also say the big win last year for your WMU squad was a squeaker against Northwestern.

Maybe so, but then one could also say the big win last year for your WMU squad was a squeaker against Northwestern.

Point taken, but I haven't read a lot of people on here saying "Fleck's a great coach because he beat Northwestern last year".

This is a list of all of our wins in comparison.

Our biggest win was either WSU or NW. Not sure which would have been ranked higher end of season.

Oregon State* W 30–23
Indiana State* W 58–14
Colorado State* W 31–24
at Maryland W 31–10
Rutgers W 34–32
at Illinois W 40–17
Purdue W 44–31
Northwestern W 29–12
vs. Washington State* W 17–12

I know common opponents can be a circular mess, but we had three with similar results.

WMU
at Northwestern* W 22–21
at Illinois* W 34–10
vs. No. 8 Wisconsin* L 16–24

Gophers
Northwestern W 29–12
at Illinois W 40–17
at No. 5 Wisconsin L 17–31

My mistake, I thought you came over to the Gophers from WMU after he came here.

This disaster of Minnesota Football is not Fleck's fault.

Cloyle and Kaler are responsible for this mess. They were not honest last year with the players and fans. It will take years to correct!

Back to your trolling ways...

The truth is now trolling? The majority of fans couldn't care less about the outcome of mediocre bowl games. I'll bet the majority of fans couldn't even name who we played let alone the outcome of the last 5-10 bowl games.

The truth is now trolling? The majority of fans couldn't care less about the outcome of mediocre bowl games. I'll bet the majority of fans couldn't even name who we played let alone the outcome of the last 5-10 bowl games.

Do you think a majority of fans could name the 4 teams in the CFP from last year? How about the National Title winner from the past 5-10 years? I don't think they would do well with any of the questions. What is the point of even saying this?

Fact of the matter is, we did play in a bowl game last year and won. We have an outside chance of making one this year, but it is not looking good. Fans want to see their team in a bowl game.

Do you think a majority of fans could name the 4 teams in the CFP from last year? How about the National Title winner from the past 5-10 years? I don't think they would do well with any of the questions. What is the point of even saying this?

Fact of the matter is, we did play in a bowl game last year and won. We have an outside chance of making one this year, but it is not looking good. Fans want to see their team in a bowl game.

I want them to play in a bowl game too. But unless you’re playing in the CFP, the outcome doesn’t matter.

I want them to play in a bowl game too. But unless you’re playing in the CFP, the outcome doesn’t matter.

So,winning a bowl game doesnt matter!!!!

To hardcore fans? To fence sitting fans? To recruits?

Just wow.

I get it that in the grand scheme of winning everything, the bowl doesn't matter (unless it's the national championship). But it does matter to people for pride's sake, to the casual fan assessing where the program is at, and to people that are buying tickets. I think the better the bowl game, the more it matters too. Bowl games also can play into rankings and that matters to a lot of people.

I can tell you that winning last year's Holiday Bowl mattered to me. You could also tell it mattered to the players as we spoke to them at the hotel after the game. If you think winning and losing are the same, then you obviously have never played sports. Winning always matters.

I can tell you that winning last year's Holiday Bowl mattered to me. You could also tell it mattered to the players as we spoke to them at the hotel after the game. If you think winning and losing are the same, then you obviously have never played sports. Winning always matters.

Not in year zero. Not to PJ. Not to the weather guy.

Amazing.

Top Bottom