***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN LITTLE BROWN JUG IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

23-point loss. Fewer than four touchdowns separated the Gophers (decimated by Claeys) from Harbaugh's machine. It could have been worse. I'm eager to hear what Fleck has to say. Surely he will use this valuable experience to edify the media, the fans, and most importantly, the players.

Decimated by Claeys? This is just getting absurd.

The QB he brought in as head coach is a redshirt freshman.

I can’t blame Croft, only Fleck.

3 games as a starter:

19/55 260 yds 1 TD 3 INT

36 rushes for 25 yards

34% completion rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing tackles is much more than a lack of talent. A lot of coaching goes into that. Some of the kids missing tackles tonight could tackle just fine in previous years (some not).

We can't blame everything on someone other than Fleck. Of course everything shouldn't be on him, but he's had these kids since January. Getting beat is one thing. Playing fundamentally unsound football, punching people in the face on the field, etc is another.

IALTO. So our new coaches have untrained our good tacklers of last year?:clap:

You and Gopher028 should get a room.

Part of missed tackles has to do with wrong scheme and players out of place and not adjusting. With all the targeting calls against us this year I bet there was a lot of emphasis on tackling softer with arms and not body translating into badly missed finger tackles..

"Tackling softer with arms"

I sure as hell hope he's not emphasizing that. Then he is an awful coach.

"Tackling softer with arms"

I sure as hell hope he's not emphasizing that. Then he is an awful coach.

Duke McGhee used to be a great tackler. He looked slow tonight. Not sure what's going on there.

IALTO. So our new coaches have untrained our good tacklers of last year?:clap:

What did I say that was factually incorrect? Do the coaches there now coach the kids, or just rely on everything the previous staff did?

Yes, Lester, my point was that I think Fleck came in here and purposefully trained them not to tackle well. Totally reasonable. It's all Claeys, Lester.

Duke McGhee used to be a great tackler. He looked slow tonight. Not sure what's going on there.

Not true. Ask Lester. PJ has no responsibility to teach anyone other than his recruits football stuff.

Yeah a senior linebacker letting a guy run over him for a touchdown is on the coaches. Can't believe they didn't adjust for that.

Not getting the players to stay at home and avoid getting gutted by misdirection/counters is on the coaches. Having linebackers failing to fill the gaps when the d front would stalemate the front line is on the coaches.

3 games as a starter:

19/55 260 yds 1 TD 3 INT

36 rushes for 25 yards

34% completion rate

I thought Croft played well tonight.
Not great, but he didn't look overwhelmed by the pressure all night.
When he was given time to throw he made quite a few good throws.
When he had no time at all, he moved around and ran with it.

Was more disappointed in the play calling. It appears that this staff, puts in
certain plays for the week and will run those plays to death come h*** or high water.
Then when they don't work, they can't adjust.

Carpenter is our only upperclassmen who has the chance to play at the next level. Gotta give him reps

I guess it is fine to have the love of Fleck that knows no bounds, but I think it sucks that the Flecksters just crap on a bunch of our own players because admitting that there is some skill on the roster might mean that their Lord has fault. Richardson, Celestin, Smith, Brooks, and McGhee were guys that were talked about as talented enough to have a shot at the next level, at least until admitting so didn't fit the narrative. Now the Fleckster tell us we are suppose to scoff at these Gophers perceived lack of talent and contributions to past victories, so that maybe....just maybe Fleck will show up at their house with a pair of custom shoes and ask them to be his best buddy for life and run down their streets into the sunset with their fists raised in the air.

Fleck is talking about getting thrown around by other teams. *facepalm*

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Right now, it just seems a little crazy that this program beat Washington State less than a year ago.

I guess it is fine to have the love of Fleck that knows no bounds, but I think it sucks that the Flecksters just crap on a bunch of our own players because admitting that there is some skill on the roster might mean that their Lord has fault. Richardson, Celestin, Smith, Brooks, and McGhee were guys that were talked about as talented enough to have a shot at the next level, at least until admitting so didn't fit the narrative. Now the Fleckster tell us we are suppose to scoff at these Gophers perceived lack of talent and contributions to past victories, so that maybe....just maybe Fleck will show up at their house with a pair of custom shoes and ask them to be his best buddy for life and run down their streets into the sunset with their fists raised in the air.

They were? By who? People on this board who don't know what they are talking about?

Right now, it just seems a little crazy that this program beat Washington State less than a year ago.

Please list the starters in that game and compare them to the starters in tonight's game.

Seriously? That was awful in every respect. At least the Astros won this week.

I'm surprised Michigan even bothered bringing the jug to the game. They could have just left it in its trophy case at their football complex.

You do realize the Jug has been in Michigan's trophy case for 75 out of the last 103 years.

3 games as a starter:

19/55 260 yds 1 TD 3 INT

36 rushes for 25 yards

34% completion rate

Why would you blame Fleck for that?

You do realize the Jug has been in Michigan's trophy case for 75 out of the last 103 years.

Sure, but this team has looked horrible since big 10 play and, unfortunately, the end result was known before kick off. This team looked horrible tonight. The play calling was junior varsity level. It felt like we were playing to just cover the spread.

The last couple of games have been very competitive. Right now we can't compete with anyone. But, I know, it's Claeys fault. Rtb

5 wins in 50 years....Just drop the fricken jug. Break it and be done with it. It no longer holds any meaning to Michigan and to Minnesota it is just a rumor.

This game was soul crushing but not as demoralizing as our next embarrassment. I am actually nauseous thinking about another year of watching Wisconsin chop down our goal post.

They were? By who? People on this board who don't know what they are talking about?

Enough with tearing people down. Are you the nation's first NFL coach-meteorologist? It's ok if you have a low opinion of the players while others have low opinions of the coaches.

5 wins in 50 years....Just drop the fricken jug. Break it and be done with it. It no longer holds any meaning to Michigan and to Minnesota it is just a rumor.

This game was soul crushing but not as demoralizing as our next embarrassment. I am actually nauseous thinking about another year of watching Wisconsin chop down our goal post.

They must be pretty pumped-up over there in Madison huh? :rolleyes:

The brain dead fans in Madison are beyond obnoxious.

They are a special kind of self entitled.

It’s as if they were born on third but think they hit a triple.

So I’m at a bar in Kansas City, I cancelled my cable package this year to save some $$$ and this is the first Gopher game I’ve really gotten to watch. Has our tackling been this bad all year? This is dreadful and embarrassing to watch.

I counted four missed tackles on one play. Tackling was a strong point for Kill/Claeys (but Kill did lose to Michigan 0-58 his first season).

Top Bottom