***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN LITTLE BROWN JUG IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Michigan has zero fear of our receivers down the field so they are consistently rolling safeties down into the box to prevent Croft from pulling on zone read. Have to work down the field on the hashes. Have to.

Michigan has zero fear of our receivers down the field so they are consistently rolling safeties down into the box to prevent Croft from pulling on zone read. Have to work down the field on the hashes. Have to.

Yup. Thus the reason Howard has caught two passes in the seam...no safety. Need to hammer that early in the second half.

BTW, sure would be nice to have Winfield out there making tackles tonight.

Michigan was bigger, faster and more talented than the Gophers last time they played too.

Yes, but the Gophers were a lot better then. The coach was the problem, as we can see this year, since he left the cupboard bare. Now we have a proper coach who will turn this around in three, four years, max.

Our defense is bad, but Michigan is holding every play.

Chopping outside the tackle has occurred far more than I've seen. Looks to be by design. I've counted 5 out in space. Then the hard one to see was called.

Any one want to argue now why Fleck called this Year Zero????? We are getting manhandled out there. This is a lack of size, speed, and talent..not coaching

We are getting manhandled up front on both sides of the ball, yet we did put together a nice drive but haven't sustained anything outside of that one. D looks slow, but they haven't looked this slow all year.
Using all three TO's due to not being ready to run a play or defend one is totally on the coaches. Running Wildcat so many times for little to no gain is on the coaches. Not adjusting the D until the last drive is on the coaches.
Year ONE is not going well. There is no disputing that and as a Gopher fan that is disappointing considering the relative success that we have seen from this team the past 4 years.

Yes, but the Gophers were a lot better then. The coach was the problem, as we can see this year, since he left the cupboard bare. Now we have a proper coach who will turn this around in three, four years, max.
How were they a lot better in 2015?

I just want to see Fleck stick with his identity on O and D for the future. He will recruit players that fit it. Yes, it sucks now fitting square pegs into round holes but I don’t want to go back to switching up offenses each year “chasing” the next big thing. Stay the course and work.

We are getting manhandled up front on both sides of the ball, yet we did put together a nice drive but haven't sustained anything outside of that one. D looks slow, but they haven't looked this slow all year.
Using all three TO's due to not being ready to run a play or defend one is totally on the coaches. Running Wildcat so many times for little to no gain is on the coaches. Not adjusting the D until the last drive is on the coaches.
Year ONE is not going well. There is no disputing that and as a Gopher fan that is disappointing considering the relative success that we have seen from this team the past 4 years.

I don't get the complaint about the time outs.
When did you want to use them?

Can you trade them in for points?

The Gophers had better/more experienced players in 2015, especially on offense. That defense was hurt by injuries, much like this year, except we started less talent and younger players this year.

I just want to see Fleck stick with his identity on O and D for the future. He will recruit players that fit it. Yes, it sucks now fitting square pegs into round holes but I don’t want to go back to switching up offenses each year “chasing” the next big thing. Stay the course and work.

Changing offensive styles would be a very Brewster thing to do.
Glad he's not doing it.

All right.. only on pace to give up 600 yards. 1/3 of a mile defended.

Yeah a senior linebacker letting a guy run over him for a touchdown is on the coaches. Can't believe they didn't adjust for that.

You do get points for not using them. If you get enough points, then you can trade them in at the U Bookstore for a nice replica of The Little Brown Jug.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Running the play clock down on offense when you are a no huddle team and then scrambling to call a TO with 1 second on the clock is not good coaching. You aren't always going to have the perfect play called for the D that is being shown. Run the damn thing anyway and put some trust in your players. It's not like when we have changed plays with the clock under 10 that we have gashed them.

It's just logic. Coaching caused the Gophers to lose that game. Likewise this year, it's Claeys' fault that the Gophers are losing against Michigan. He failed to recruit players. Coach Fleck will fix it, but it's going to take a while. According to Coach Fleck's timeline, it should be fixed by the time the Gophers play Michigan again, though.

Agreed

That little package they showed of Johnson trying to get open is pretty much the story of our O the past few years. Absolutely dry cupboard at WR. Pair it with mediocre QB play and you're got a sh!tshow on O.

Michigan very athletic and fast, running right past our CBs and safeties (who are overcomiting much of the time). Croft's best game but has passed only 5 times. Will have to open up to keep from being blown out. Peters doing just enough for them.

Yeah a senior linebacker letting a guy run over him for a touchdown is on the coaches. Can't believe they didn't adjust for that.

As I noted earlier, JC didn't play that one play very well as it appeared to me he was protecting his bad arm.
What

As I noted earlier, JC didn't play that one play very well as it appeared to me he was protecting his bad arm.
What

You are blaming the coaches for two seniors taking bad run fits on two long touchdown runs....

he was definitely outside the tackles

Top Bottom