AP: Michigan much better than it was during last Minnesota visit

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

Michigan is in a much better place than it was the last time Minnesota played at the Big House.

The Golden Gophers beat the Wolverines 30-14 in 2014 and took the Brown Jug back home in what was coach Brady Hoke's fourth and final season.

"The whole year was just awkward and weird," senior linebacker Mike McCray recalled earlier this week. "That game was just one of those awkward things."

During that game, "Fire Bra-dy!" chants broke out, and the school parted ways with Hoke after he went 5-7 in 2014. The school lured Jim Harbaugh away from the NFL, and he won 10 games in each of his first two seasons.

The Wolverines (6-2, 3-2 Big Ten) have some work to do to reach double digits in wins again this year. They are expected to beat the Golden Gophers (4-4, 1-4) at home Saturday and Maryland on the road next week to get to eight victories.

Then it gets tough matchups at No. 4 Wisconsin and at home against No. 3 Ohio State.

Minnesota, meanwhile, may not earn a bowl bid for the first time since Jerry Kill went 3-9 in his debut season with the school six years ago. The Gophers need to win at least two of their last four games at Michigan, against Nebraska, at Northwestern and against the fourth-ranked Badgers to extend the season.

P.J. Fleck, though, isn't putting any public pressure on his team to get a signature victory in his first year with the program.

"I'm not sitting there saying we're in a dire need of some type of big, big, big win," Fleck said. "We have to keep getting better."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...it-was-during-last-minnesota-visit/107291282/

Go Gophers!!

per the AP:

Michigan is in a much better place than it was the last time Minnesota played at the Big House.

The Golden Gophers beat the Wolverines 30-14 in 2014 and took the Brown Jug back home in what was coach Brady Hoke's fourth and final season.

"The whole year was just awkward and weird," senior linebacker Mike McCray recalled earlier this week. "That game was just one of those awkward things."

During that game, "Fire Bra-dy!" chants broke out, and the school parted ways with Hoke after he went 5-7 in 2014. The school lured Jim Harbaugh away from the NFL, and he won 10 games in each of his first two seasons.

The Wolverines (6-2, 3-2 Big Ten) have some work to do to reach double digits in wins again this year. They are expected to beat the Golden Gophers (4-4, 1-4) at home Saturday and Maryland on the road next week to get to eight victories.

Then it gets tough matchups at No. 4 Wisconsin and at home against No. 3 Ohio State.

Minnesota, meanwhile, may not earn a bowl bid for the first time since Jerry Kill went 3-9 in his debut season with the school six years ago. The Gophers need to win at least two of their last four games at Michigan, against Nebraska, at Northwestern and against the fourth-ranked Badgers to extend the season.

P.J. Fleck, though, isn't putting any public pressure on his team to get a signature victory in his first year with the program.

"I'm not sitting there saying we're in a dire need of some type of big, big, big win," Fleck said. "We have to keep getting better."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...it-was-during-last-minnesota-visit/107291282/

Go Gophers!!

Awkward? The **** that mean?

Statistically Michigan 2017 has much in common with Michigan 2014. Good defense, average to blow average offense. Get some turnovers, get Lingen healthy for one game...could happen folks.

Michigan was much better, statistically, in 2015 and we played them tough. Of course we have some issues as well vs 2015 but we should be improving in leaps and bounds every week.

This isn't news. I mean, haven't be established that every team we play this year is better than they were last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will never understand how half of GH wanted Harbaugh to go to Michigan. I'd rather see them win 2-3 games for the rest of my life...

I will never understand how half of GH wanted Harbaugh to go to Michigan. I'd rather see them win 2-3 games for the rest of my life...

That's being too kind.

And then in 2015 the referee started the clock without notifying the QB (as the rule requires)!thereby running all of the time off, and handing Michigan/Harbaugh an undeserved W.

The jug belongs in MN!!!

Top Bottom