Chance to win a new grill, Gopher paraphernalia and more for GopherHole Donors!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As part of our 2017 annual donation drive, we are excited to give away one amazing Char-Griller AKORN JR Kamado grill! All donors who donate at least $100 will be entered to win the grill! More details on this grill are below.

The donations help fund the site, as well as compensate our hard working reporters including the addition of Daniel House and his extensive coverage throughout the offseason and during the season, Nadine Babu’s popular GopherHole Podcast and press conference coverage, Chris Monter’s recruiting Q&As, Erickson Brothers football and hockey coverage and much more. Your donations help keep GopherHole 100% FREE!

In addition to the Char-Griller AKORN JR Kamado grill, all donors who donate $100 or more will have their ads turned off on the message boards and will receive all of the additional give-a-ways at the other donation levels below.

Donation Link: http://www.gopherhole.com/page/show/383462-donate-to-gopherhole-com

If you don’t use PayPal, you can email us at [email protected] and we will provide an address for you to mail a check.

Additional donation give-a-ways:

· $60 or more donation will receive a Gopher hat, Gopher can/beer koozie, and a Gopher bracelet.
· $35 or more donation will receive a Gopher can/beer koozie and a Gopher bracelet.
· $20 or more donation will receive a Gopher bracelet.

All donors will be entered to win additional prizes including a signed Jerry Kill “Chasing Dreams” book and other give-a-ways that we will announce.

Details on the Char-Griller AKORN JR Kamado grill that all $100+ donors will have a chance to win:

E06614_1-B.jpg

The Jr. Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal grill features dual dampers, heat gauge, and triple wall steel with insulation to deliver a superior grilling experience. Keep flare-ups low with cast-iron cooking grates. And you can grill more with less charcoal. With the easy dump ash pan clean up is easy and the hinged lid keeps the lid in place while you cook. The Jr. Akorn Kamado Kooker offers easy mobility and is great for tailgating, camping and going to the park. This item #E00614 Jr. Akorn Kamado Kooker is identical to item #06614 Jr. Akorn Kamado Kooker.

Color: Red
153 Sq. In. Primary Cooking Area
EVEN HEAT & Enhances Flavor
Easy Dump Ash Pan
Holds Heat Like Ceramic
Compare to Ceramic: More Durable - Affordable - Lighter Weight

I've always wanted one of these grills - the Little Green Egg is ridiculously expensive.

So...can one of the co-owners from GH win this drawing? Asking for a friend...:)

Here are the give-a-ways for this contribution drive:

Char-Griller AKORN JR Kamado grill
Jerry Kill signed copy of his book "Chasing Dreams"
Row the Boat Goldy Bobblehead
Paul Bunyan Axe Replica from Rivalry Trophy
Christmas Tree ornament size Paul Bunyan Axe replica from Rivalry Trophy
"It's Lit" Gopher shirt

This is not breaking the law. The difference is this is a donation that is tax deductible. Not a purchase. There is "No purchase necessary."

I'm guessing the IRS doesn't see Gopher Hole as a charity. It's not truly a donation in tax terms.

You may deduct a charitable contribution made to, or for the use of, any of the following organizations that otherwise are qualified under section 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code:

A state or United States possession (or political subdivision thereof), or the United States or the District of Columbia, if made exclusively for public purposes;
A community chest, corporation, trust, fund, or foundation, organized or created in the United States or its possessions, or under the laws of the United States, any state, the District of Columbia or any possession of the United States, and organized and operated exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, scientific, or literary purposes, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals;
A church, synagogue, or other religious organization;
A war veterans' organization or its post, auxiliary, trust, or foundation organized in the United States or its possessions;
A nonprofit volunteer fire company;
A civil defense organization created under federal, state, or local law (this includes unreimbursed expenses of civil defense volunteers that are directly connected with and solely attributable to their volunteer services);
A domestic fraternal society, operating under the lodge system, but only if the contribution is to be used exclusively for charitable purposes;
A nonprofit cemetery company if the funds are irrevocably dedicated to the perpetual care of the cemetery as a whole and not a particular lot or mausoleum crypt.

A reminder as well that you can donate monthly instead of one lump sum if that is easier for you.

I have a new Weber already.[emoji3]

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Do the ads turn off using the Tapatalk app as well? And do they only turn off for the next year?

Also, is it possible to get a picture of the hat/bracelet?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here are the winners of our 2017 donation give-a-way. If you are one of the winners, please PM us or email us ([email protected]) with your name and address. All items for the donations and the give-a-ways will be mailed out over the next week:

Char-Griller AKORN JR Kamado grill: West Fargo Gopher Fan

Jerry Kill signed copy of his book "Chasing Dreams": Lincoln gopher, BuiltFordTough

Row the Boat Goldy Bobblehead: GoldysDad, GopherCountry, Sparlimb

Paul Bunyan Axe Replica from Rivalry Trophy: Rouser

Little Brown Jug Replica from Rivalry Trophy: Holy Man

Christmas Tree ornament size Paul Bunyan Axe replica from Rivalry Trophy: Ignatius L Hoops

"It's Lit" Gopher shirt: Dwminn

Here are the winners of our 2017 donation give-a-way. If you are one of the winners, please PM us or email us ([email protected]) with your name and address. All items for the donations and the give-a-ways will be mailed out over the next week:

Jerry Kill signed copy of his book "Chasing Dreams": Lincoln gopher, BuiltFordTough

Christmas Tree ornament size Paul Bunyan Axe replica from Rivalry Trophy: Ignatius L Hoops

Go Gophers

I may have missed it, but was there a timeframe listed anywhere? I guess I thought the 2017 donation drive lasted through the end of the year, so I hadn't contributed yet. I had also been hoping someone would answer my question about the ads on Tapatalk.

I may have missed it, but was there a timeframe listed anywhere? I guess I thought the 2017 donation drive lasted through the end of the year, so I hadn't contributed yet. I had also been hoping someone would answer my question about the ads on Tapatalk.

Tapatalk ads are in that application. The ads that get turned off are when you visit GopherHole via the web.

We actually will have additional items to give away between now and the end of the year, so for those that haven't contributed yet, we will still have more through the end of the year.

We haven't figured out a way to turn the ads off on TapTalk yet...so we can't guarantee that, but we are looking into it.

Did we not do a donation drive in 2018? Or did I just miss it...

Did we not do a donation drive in 2018? Or did I just miss it...

We did not do a formal donor drive in 2018, we missed the window. We plan on doing a formal donor drive a bit later this year.

Top Bottom