What the Gophers Head Coach Should Say, and How He Should Say It....

Hey, you're the one that keeps bringing up a "talent composite" that counts redshirts, injured players, and others that may have never made it on the field or into the two deep as somehow relevant to what should happen on the gridiron on game day.

It doesn't matter if you want to use talent composite or go straight off the recruiting rankings. They are closely related. Either way the more talented team wins ~75% of the time. And so far this season it has been 80% of the time in the B1G.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

The whole year zero thing was a mistake as that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. But in the end there is no way to please everyone so just go out and be yourself and whatever happens happens. Some will love you, some will hate you. If your goal is to be universally liked it isn't going to happen.

PJ Fleck is right. He isn't for everyone.

He is not for those whiney @#%&$*s in GH. You can never do anything right for this crowd. No matter what you do, they'll find something wrong.

My advice to PJ Fleck. Just be yourself.

He is not for those whiney @#%&$*s in GH. You can never do anything right for this crowd. No matter what you do, they'll find something wrong.

PJ makes a LOT of money. If he can't handle people being upset about the team he coaches, he's in the wrong business and won't last long anywhere.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Yep. Just Whiney people on GH that don't like him. The casual observer in MN doesn't think he is a joke. Not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter if you want to use talent composite or go straight off the recruiting rankings. They are closely related. Either way the more talented team wins ~75% of the time. And so far this season it has been 80% of the time in the B1G.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

My God.

Yep. Just Whiney people on GH that don't like him. The casual observer in MN doesn't think he is a joke. Not at all.

I'm sure you have knowledge of what the casual observer thinks.

Hey, you're the one that keeps bringing up a "talent composite" that counts redshirts, injured players, and others that may have never made it on the field or into the two deep as somehow relevant to what should happen on the gridiron on game day.

That's true. In college football, we are the only ones that worry about balancing/burning redshirts or deal with injuries.

I'm sure you have knowledge of what the casual observer thinks.

What do you mean by that? Maybe he has friends, neighbors, and co-workers that are casual fans? It's entirely plausible that he knows many. I don't think he's claiming that he surveyed 10,000 casual fans.

My advice to PJ Fleck. Just be yourself

Most of those exact same "whiney @#%&$*s in GH" would give him the exact same advice.

PJ unscripted is great. PJ scripted is a bit annoying. It's not the end of the world, I think he's likely a good coach.

What do you mean by that? Maybe he has friends, neighbors, and co-workers that are casual fans? It's entirely plausible that he knows many. I don't think he's claiming that he surveyed 10,000 casual fans.

JB's a dope. He argues about the most bizarre things. My guess is that he doesn't interact much with the outside world (which in MN is full of casual (at best) Gopher fans). He doesn't even seem to comprehend how someone has interacted with such people.

JB's a dope. He argues about the most bizarre things. My guess is that he doesn't interact much with the outside world (which in MN is full of casual (at best) Gopher fans). He doesn't even seem to comprehend how someone has interacted with such people.

What do your lawyer friends think of him?

To make a claim that casual fans think he's a joke wouldn't you have to survey more than say 5 people?

To make a claim that casual fans think he's a joke wouldn't you have to survey more than say 5 people?

I don't know Spoofin so I don't have any idea how many casual fans he knows, but it could very well be that he runs into more than 5 in the course of his life.

Well, Wilt Chamberlain claimed that he bedded 20,000 women. :cool02:

Well, I was disputing the claim that only whiney GHers would think that so would I actually need to survey more than 1 casual fan to make that claim?

What Should P.J. FLECK SAY?

GHers know better than anyone ..

"It feels great to be able to be bringing the Little Brown Jug home! Now, bring on Nebraska. Row the Boat, Ski U Mah and Go Gophers!!"

I have new insight into this question. In my real-life job, I was interviewing an Elementary school principal, discussing a new Parent Involvement program that is supposed to help improve student behavior. The principal - who is a really nice lady - spoke mostly in educational jargon. (they really do have their own language).

An example: "when children go below the line, they have to find a trampoline to rebound back above the line." that apparently means that, when children exhibit negative behavior, they need to practice strategies for self control and anger management, so they can get back to exhibiting positive behavior.

Anyway - while listening to this woman, it struck me that she sounds a lot like Fleck - with the catch phrases, sayings and slogans. this thought was humorous enough that I had to try real hard to not start laughing in the middle of the interview.

So, from now on, when I hear Fleck, I am going to picture him as an Elementary school principal, and everything he says will make sense. (I hope).

Well, 6th grade is in some elementary schools. Hey, wait....isn't Fleck a 6th S.S. teacher that's simply making 3.5 million?

That's true. In college football, we are the only ones that worry about balancing/burning redshirts or deal with injuries.

I can't think of a more blunt, less precise instrument for determining winners and losers. About as sky high, lazy of an analysis as one can possibly perform.

"It feels great to be able to be bringing the Little Brown Jug home! Now, bring on Nebraska. Row the Boat, Ski U Mah and Go Gophers!!"

and then What he should say late Sat Nov 25th
"I'm humbled by our team's outstanding effort and ability to finish strong despite jumping out to such a large first half lead, The Axe finally returns to it's true home in the Gopher trophy case"

I can't think of a more blunt, less precise instrument for determining winners and losers. About as sky high, lazy of an analysis as one can possibly perform.

Analysis that is right 75% of the time is now lazy...once again it shows how little you comprehend statistics

which direction should we move the decimal point?

I appreciate you keeping an open mind on that - but I think you have been on GH long enough that the answer is quite obvious [emoji3].

We've tried to nurse you along, but you're incapable of understanding. I'm done arguing about it. If you want to keep writing such things, be my guest.

We've tried to nurse you along, but you're incapable of understanding. I'm done arguing about it. If you want to keep writing such things, be my guest.

Good you're done trying to argue with facts. I'm happy you can finally see the light.

Thank you for your groundbreaking analysis. Have you alerted the media?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/tkn19VV0JMpr2" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/slow-clap-tkn19VV0JMpr2">via GIPHY</a></p>

Top Bottom