Gophers debut at #15 in the seasons first AP poll

15th in both polls. Nice. Hopefully we maintain top 25 status all year.

While preseason rankings mean absolutely nothing, it's exciting to see the Gophers as already relevant nationally before they've even played a game. Still have to go out and get the job done on the court. Remember that last year we were picked 13th in the Big Ten and finished 4th.

Interesting to note that between the AP and Coaches Polls, only 2 non-conference opponents on the schedule are ranked. Miami for the ACC/Big Ten game is a consensus top-15 team, so that should be a good match-up. The Coaches Poll has Alabama 25th.

That said, Providence will be tough on the road, as will Arkansas. I would also expect Drake and Harvard to give the Gophers everything they can handle. You've got a bit of a gauntlet in the schedule early with Alabama, Miami, Rutgers, at Nebraska, at Arkansas and Drake. They're all winnable games, but have an off night shooting, foul trouble or just be off mentally and you could lose any of them.

We'll know a lot about this team by then, assuming everyone stays healthy.

Interesting to see Northwestern in both the polls. I cannot recall a time when NU was this highly ranked.

Man, am I pumped for the season. If most players advance their games like one would expect it will be a special season. What I loved about last year was how aggressive we were on offense. Just about every position could take their man off the dribble and that put a lot of pressure on the D. Add Washington to the mix and it just gets better.

Man, am I pumped for the season. If most players advance their games like one would expect it will be a special season. What I loved about last year was how aggressive we were on offense. Just about every position could take their man off the dribble and that put a lot of pressure on the D. Add Washington to the mix and it just gets better.
Agreed, fun to watch last year and it will just be better this year. As much as I want to see all the returning starters, it will be fun to see if Hurt gets more minutes and how much playing time Washington and Harris get.

Top Bottom