Who will lead the 2017-2018 Gophers in scoring?

• Amir Coffey

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Nate Mason

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Jordan Murphy

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Reggie Lynch

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Dupree McBrayer

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Isaiah Washington

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Michael Hurt

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I picked Mason but there is no doubt in my mind that if Coffey wanted to score more he would lead the Gophers. Coffey is very unselfish which can be good and bad at different times.

I'm definitely thinking it will be Murphy.

I went with Amir. It's going to be his natural progression.

Mason. Dude's a gamer.

Mason- the ball will be in his hands every possession and he will be the guy with the ball to ice the game from the free throw line.

Murph. He is going to be a beast this year. He added strength in the offseason, and the game seems to have slowed down for him. He is our MVP at the end of the year. Mason will still be great, but asked to be more of a facilitator for others.

Love the fact that there is debate over which of a number of great options will be our leading scorer. That balance will make us really hard to defend as teams won't be able to focus on eliminating one weapon in order to stop us.

If Murphy can stay out of foul trouble I like his chances to average a double/double every game but in terms of leading scorer I really hope Coffey takes the lead and becomes the force it looks like he has the ability to be. Mason may still be the guy to take the clutch shots but Coffey can be a matchup nightmare with his size and quickness. If he has any designs on making the jump to the NBA after this season (no clue if he does or doesn't) he will need to really step up this year to show teams what he is capable of at the next level.

Big Murph is gonna get a lot of buckets.

Like my pick!

29 Votes for Mason, 13 for Murphy (before the season started).

Mason would have been my pick if I didnt see Murph take it to Mbakwe and look really good vs. Cole Aldrich this summer at the pro-am.

Never doubt the Murph!

Top Bottom