All things - Tracy Claeys coaching rumors - thread

grumps

Reaction score
One twitter person posted:

Ross Brendel‏ @BrendelRoss Oct 28
Why is Tracy Claeys next school playing K-State today? Shouldn't that be at the end of the season? #KUvsKSU #Kansas #KState #CollegeFootball

That links Tracy as a possible candidate for the Kansas job.

As a HC?

I like TC and all and I probabbly would have been ok with running with him to see what happens. I don't have a problem with what he was trying to say even but he still mismanaged the situation surrounding the protest to some extent ....that is kinda a fundamental HC dork up.

It should be said that the source is "Ross Brendel".

His twitter profile says he lives in Minneapolis and a cat lover who works for Northern Tool.

It should be said that the source is "Ross Brendel".

His twitter profile says he lives in Minneapolis and a cat lover who works for Northern Tool.

That could be true.
I was looking for Claeys rumors and so far, that's what I found.
It's early though, and there will be a lot of openings this year so we'll see where he lands.

So if Claeys never coaches again that makes PJ better, how? Everytime there is unhappiness with PJ we hear a "Kill did this" or "Claeys did that". Really guys, what's up? No one is posting that they want Claeys back. Not liking PJ can stand all on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if Claeys never coaches again that makes PJ better, how? Everytime there is unhappiness with PJ we hear a "Kill did this" or "Claeys did that". Really guys, what's up? No one is posting that they want Claeys back. Not liking PJ can stand all on its own.

You seem to be drawing conclusions.

Claeys is a former coach here, just like Kill.
With open jobs, Claeys might be a candidate.
He had a winning record here, and he's unbeaten in bowl games.
Not many coaches with his resume that don't have jobs.

We can't tell if Kill is a better coach than PJ or Brewster or Mason based on the next jobs they got, but having a thread to see where they are rumored to go seems fair.

Claeys should get another job unless if all Universities are prejudiced against physical appearance.

You seem to be drawing conclusions.

Claeys is a former coach here, just like Kill.
With open jobs, Claeys might be a candidate.
He had a winning record here, and he's unbeaten in bowl games.
Not many coaches with his resume that don't have jobs.

We can't tell if Kill is a better coach than PJ or Brewster or Mason based on the next jobs they got, but having a thread to see where they are rumored to go seems fair.

Claeys should get another job unless if all Universities are prejudiced against physical appearance.

Someone here very recently said TC would NEVER be a hc again.

We shall wee.

Nobody said any of this. Take a deep breath

We shall wee.

Yes, but I am not waiting on a resolution of TC's coaching career before I wee again, I can tell you that.

Yes, but I am not waiting on a resolution of TC's coaching career before I wee again, I can tell you that.

Me either. To wee or not to wee, that is not the question.

We shall wee.

I'll be surprised if he's a Power 5 head coach, but if it was going to happen KU would probably be the place. I won't be surprised if he's a candidate but I have to believe they'll find a better HC candidate.

I'd be stunned if he's not a DC next year (or HC at a D1 FCS or lower school) unless he doesn't want to go back to that and is convinced he'll be an HC at FBS level. I'd just be shocked if any school that looks at what happened here, what his response was at the time and what his response has been since the events would hire him. The fact he doesn't get how (at least by outward appearances) badly he managed that is beyond me. Even if it was all Coyle who screwed things up (which from Claeys' own description it wasn't), he needs to take responsibility, and he hasn't yet. His letter to the Pioneer Press proved that.

SETTLE-THE-F-DOWN.gif

As far as trolling, grumps seems to know what he's doing.

I like Tracey, I'm glad he is no longer at Minnesota tho. The ceiling with Claeys was hit it was time to move on. That being said the Kansas job is the worst job in college football and TC should stay far away from it. I would rather coach in the MAC than have to wear a Kansas hoodie on the sideline. I think he's a good target for a smaller school. A large school isn't going to pry him away, and he has been a part of building multiple successful programs in the past.

He just wants to know where the great coach will land this offseason.

Wow, I'd never say that but to here that JonnyBoy thinks that Claeys was a great coach is pretty suprising.

I'll be surprised if he's a Power 5 head coach, but if it was going to happen KU would probably be the place. I won't be surprised if he's a candidate but I have to believe they'll find a better HC candidate.

I'd be stunned if he's not a DC next year (or HC at a D1 FCS or lower school) unless he doesn't want to go back to that and is convinced he'll be an HC at FBS level. I'd just be shocked if any school that looks at what happened here, what his response was at the time and what his response has been since the events would hire him. The fact he doesn't get how (at least by outward appearances) badly he managed that is beyond me. Even if it was all Coyle who screwed things up (which from Claeys' own description it wasn't), he needs to take responsibility, and he hasn't yet. His letter to the Pioneer Press proved that.

I think you are underestimating the utter inept performance of the AD.

If I were TC agent. I would gun for a DC job at one of the potential 5-6 openings they'll have in the SEC this off-season. Claeys is a good DC and he wouldn't have to worry about the type of **** that causes HC to lose sleep.

If I were TC agent. I would gun for a DC job at one of the potential 5-6 openings they'll have in the SEC this off-season. Claeys is a good DC and he wouldn't have to worry about the type of **** that causes HC to lose sleep.

TC has been to several locations around the country visiting practices. He is well respected and has a lot of friends who are head coaches and coordinators. The man is successful at of defensive coordinator and recruiter in that position. Has been offered positions but is not in a hurry, he is still collecting a pay check and is motivated to do so from the U. I suspect he will land at a school south of Kansas. Has pro connections but prefers the college game. Lets hope he does not land in the BIG west which could happen.

Yes! He is either unwilling or unable to embrace the public duties of a head coach. Things like recruiting, dealing with the media, schmoozing with boosters, etc. do not fit his strengths. But the man can coach. I will always be grateful to him for delivering us from those "defenses" from the Wacker and Mason years where no lead was safe and I felt like the Gophers needed at least 30 points to beat anyone.

I think you are underestimating the utter inept performance of the AD.

The AD may have been Montgomery Burns level bad.... but TC didn't help himself during or after, and that's the issue a new AD is going to have to consider.

Being an HC is as much PR job and TC isn't good at that and did a poor job at it at a critical time. Even with a friendly AD he wouldn't have been doing a good job.

Yes! He is either unwilling or unable to embrace the public duties of a head coach. Things like recruiting, dealing with the media, schmoozing with boosters, etc. do not fit his strengths. But the man can coach. I will always be grateful to him for delivering us from those "defenses" from the Wacker and Mason years where no lead was safe and I felt like the Gophers needed at least 30 points to beat anyone.

His ability to "schmooze boosters" was as strong as anyone who has been here. He was pretty poor at public duties like blowing smoke up peoples A@^%s. No question you can't win blowing smoke.

He just wants to know where the great coach will land this offseason.

I wouldn't even say that sarcastically. You worked hard to become head of the Flecksters and I wouldn't risk it on a misunderstanding.

The AD may have been Montgomery Burns level bad.... but TC didn't help himself during or after, and that's the issue a new AD is going to have to consider.

Being an HC is as much PR job and TC isn't good at that and did a poor job at it at a critical time. Even with a friendly AD he wouldn't have been doing a good job.

Are you saying the new ad took his actions during and after the incident into account in the firing?

As Styx says - "fooling yourself, you dont beleive it"

Are you saying the new ad took his actions during and after the incident into account in the firing?

As Styx says - "fooling yourself, you dont beleive it"

I'm saying what the AD thought or did at MN plays no part in hiring Clayes later on.

What TC did with his own actions weren't helpful. I don't think he was "wrong" but he didn't help himself during.... and perhaps more damning he didn't really do a good job even long after.

All coaches have to be part PR person and TC didn't do that job well.

If Florida hired PJ would you go with him and be on his staff or stay here?

I like the Gophers a lot so I think I'll stay here. Will you be following Claeys on his next p5 head coaching journey?

Top Bottom