QB Brennan Armstrong to reopen his recruitment

DanielHouse

Reaction score
Gophers 2018 quarterback commit Brennan Armstrong has reopened his recruitment, per Randy Johnson. The three-star quarterback from Ohio has been widely considered the player that would compete for the starting quarterback job next year. Armstrong has received offers from Virginia, Cincinnati, North Carolina, Iowa State and Rutgers. The Gophers will now need to come up with a plan for the quarterback position in the 2018 class.

According to Kyle Goblirsch of 24/7 Sports, Armstrong has not decommitted, but will be "looking at other" schools.

The team just offered quarterback Vic Viramontes, who once committed to Michigan, chose California, and then decided to transfer.

For more, here's a story with a few quotes in the Star Tribune: https://t.co/vCvG3Y9hf0

How could you blame the kid after evaluating the WR talent on this roster. May be Armstrong's best "pass" of the year...

We are competing against the likes of Kansas for this kid. Enough said, move along...

Kind of like how he closed the Brennan Armstrong deal?

It ain't over yet. Give PJ time. Obviously, we need to recruit more than one QB. If we can convince Brennan to keep his visit, I'd like our chances. If we got Vic, that might scare me as a recruit too.

Hmmmm is right. If Vic Viramontes commits, do you think Fleck pulls the Armstrong offer? Do we know if Vic was offered after the Armstrong news or before?

My advice on recruiting is to start paying attention on signing day.

I have a hard time with that myself, but it's much healthier.

So did I read it correctly that Vic would have 3 years here?

If nothing else he provides depth. Hope Armstrong still signs though.

That's funny... depth to what? He's going to play behind Morgan? Or Croft? Or are you thinking Green emerges from anonymous? Vic would play if he comes here. We have no depth. Yes, Armstrong would be a nice addition too.

You know what? If PJ would have cared about winning, or at least, cared about keeping his recruits, he wouldn't have called so many boneheaded plays to lose so many games. Like I said before, winning matters.

Just have to let the process play out and trust that PJ can get it done for us.

Look on the bright side. At least we have a good basketball team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the heck does that even mean? Seems to me like the guy is trying to sell hope and subscriptions. If he's looking at other schools, he's not committed, which is fine, but don't lie to sell hope. He may well end up here, and at that time he can recommit, but right now the kid is not committed anywhere.

I dont know, I doubt he stays with MN.

We'll survive, one recruit shouldn't make or break the program

My advice on recruiting is to start paying attention on signing day.

I have a hard time with that myself, but it's much healthier.

I follow but don't worry about it until this day

IF a guy a commits, great but I know a commitment is probably only 80-90% give or take (I haven't done the math, if it's wrong, that's fine, my point remains). But gives me something to follow in off season

Top Bottom