Brennan Armstrong reopens recruiting process

Wasn't Armstrong just suspended for a game? Maybe more to that? Just speculating of course.

How anyone could look at our QB situation and decommit is amazing. You are looking at immediate playing time and being "the guy" pretty much
guaranteed.

This is something don't understand. Why would any kid willingly sit on the bench for 4 years, even at a place like Alabama, when he could come here and literally start from day one? It seems to me that would be our best recruiting chip.

Wasn't Armstrong just suspended for a game? Maybe more to that? Just speculating of course.

3 games. Depending on what you choose to believe, he was suspended for being at a party where alcohol was present. His story was he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and he didn't actually consume any alcohol. That may or may not be accurate, again depending on who you choose to believe.

This is something don't understand. Why would any kid willingly sit on the bench for 4 years, even at a place like Alabama, when he could come here and literally start from day one? It seems to me that would be our best recruiting chip.

I think most kids assume or feel they want to take their shot at the top.

Granted we are seeing more transfers so kids later on are asking to move more often.

I’ve been looking at his film on Hudl and although he’s a “dual-threat” quarterback, he seems to run more than pass. Perhaps the staff wants more of a QB that’s more refined in the passing game instead of being a very good athlete. Once again, just speculating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strib has an article about this.

He said it's like a marriage and he just wants to be sure.
PJ and him are still in contact.

Marriage is a scary thought for a 17/18 year old kid!

I know guys that have been married for 20 years and still aren't sure.

Yup.

Pj does not build by juco. Just ask the flecksters.

Oops.

Want Iowa State one of his other offers? Aren't they in the Top 25 in year zero with a new coach? Aren't they starting a 5th year walk on QB converted LB reconverted QB at QB? All things being equal between lousy football programs (disregarding the major disparities between MSP and the Jewel of the East Fork of the Skunk River), don't you take another look?

I shall go to twitter and let him know my displeasure

LOL...well played sir, well played.

See people -- this is what message boards are for! Cheap laughs. Make fun, not war!

So your fiance decides she wants to sleep with a couple more guys prior to the wedding -- just to be sure. You guys cool with that?

Understand that Brennan is not still coming here. The writing is on the wall. Time to move on, unfortunately.

Understand that Brennan is not still coming here. The writing is on the wall. Time to move on, unfortunately.

Will one of the flecksters post an updated MN recruiting ranking, no Armstrong?

Personally, I just miss the days when there was a circle jerk after every time we offered a high profile guy.

I mean he said himself that he's not committing, just reopening his recruitment (whatever that means), so I think for the time being he still counts?? I don't know.

Agree. I can't imagine it is too often a recruit "opens his recruitment back up" and still signs.

Agree. I can't imagine it is too often a recruit "opens his recruitment back up" and still signs.

That. And, the pay site guys have said as much also.

It's pathetic that those of us not in panic mode already and willing to let Fleck have a chance to build and coach this team are called "Flecksters." Becoming surreal on here with some of you folks.

It's pathetic that those of us not in panic mode already and willing to let Fleck have a chance to build and coach this team are called "Flecksters." Becoming surreal on here with some of you folks.

There was more than a bit of sarcasm in the post don.

Agree on the bold, just have to point out some of the crap here.

Viramontes is still a 2018 recruit. He was higher rated than Armstrong coming out of high school. If he commits he could start next year as a Junior with experience. How is that not getting a good QB recruit in 2018?

Yes, I don't know if this has been posted already but he began at Cal and transferred last season. Junior college and Cal: same pedigree as Aaron Rodgers (although in reverse order).

Viramontes is still a 2018 recruit. He was higher rated than Armstrong coming out of high school. If he commits he could start next year as a Junior with experience. How is that not getting a good QB recruit in 2018?
He won't have 3 years to play?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

So your fiance decides she wants to sleep with a couple more guys prior to the wedding -- just to be sure. You guys cool with that?

How hot is she and how ugly am I ? And, how big is the company her dad owns? On a serious note, you do put it in perspective.

Top Bottom