Fleck: “By 2019, I will be able to fix the issues, but we will be young."

Because no relatively "normal" gopher fan could possibly be pissed off about PJF's 'all talk and no results' platform and voice their displeasure? Got it! If a MB's opines depress you, perhaps you should talk to someone.

I don't think he's "no results".
I just don't think the results are to be measured 8 games in.

Why some on here are so hellbent on being the judge, jury, and executioner and have the need to sentence PJ at this point in the season is really impulsive and mystifying to the average fan.

It's like when you meet a new girlfriend who is hotter than your last girlfriend. But she tells you she doesn't want to have sex with you until you're married.

You can complain all you want about how much sex your last girlfriend gave you. But it doesn't really apply.

A few of your buddies might share a beer with you and nod their head in agreement, but at the same time they are thinking, "Jesus Christ dude... I can't do anything about it, and in 15 months you might be getting laid by this model GF you're dating who loves you." It's hard for them to have much sympathy for you.

You were there when he told that to his players?

I like the word "quivered". I'm picturing PJ with a tear rolling down his eye as I read this.

I don't think Tracy ever quivered.

So, when Phillip's voice quivered as he told the players, "You didn't choose me, I chose you," what he was really thinking was, "I can't wait to run each and every one of you out of here to get my guys in."

How can he be so short sighted and insecure? All his talk of better athletes on the other team, the more experience on the other team, not good until 2019, etc etc. What's he thinking the present players are thinking?
Please don't fire me before my 5 years are up....it's going to take time. Patience... we have had 6 coaches in 11 years....he's said it so much I have memorized it. Who cares. You are the coach now. Win today. Find a way. Everybody deserves it. They don't need to hear: Please don't fire me because I'm going to lose games for a few years. But boy, you wait! We'll be good. I did it once before.

Here's next week after Michigan or Wisconsin or somebody. I'm so proud of these guys. We have won four games this year. I'm surprised. I really wasn't sure we'd win any! Ski U mah Row the Boat! Thanks for being here.

Tomorrow is promised to nobody! Planning to be good out loud in 2020 is selfish and dumb. Yes, you have a plan. Yes, you change your best each day. But not by sacrificing two and three years out loud to your team telling them we'll be terrible until we get new players. Sheeeeesh.

In 2019 the schedule is favorable. We better be better!

Because no relatively "normal" gopher fan could possibly be pissed off about PJF's 'all talk and no results' platform and voice their displeasure? Got it! If a MB's opines depress you, perhaps you should talk to someone.

Posters like you on GopherTroll are either fake or in a deep depressing place that loves to wallow in negativity. There's an old saying "Misery loves company, but company does not reciprocate". Translation: nobody likes to hang out with negative dillholes.

How can he be so short sighted and insecure? All his talk of better athletes on the other team, the more experience on the other team, not good until 2019, etc etc. What's he thinking the present players are thinking?
Please don't fire me before my 5 years are up....it's going to take time. Patience... we have had 6 coaches in 11 years....he's said it so much I have memorized it. Who cares. You are the coach now. Win today. Find a way. Everybody deserves it. They don't need to hear: Please don't fire me because I'm going to lose games for a few years. But boy, you wait! We'll be good. I did it once before.

Here's next week after Michigan or Wisconsin or somebody. I'm so proud of these guys. We have won four games this year. I'm surprised. I really wasn't sure we'd win any! Ski U mah Row the Boat! Thanks for being here.

Tomorrow is promised to nobody! Planning to be good out loud in 2020 is selfish and dumb. Yes, you have a plan. Yes, you change your best each day. But not by sacrificing two and three years out loud to your team telling them we'll be terrible until we get new players. Sheeeeesh.

Seems obvious, doesn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posters like you on GopherTroll are either fake or in a deep depressing place that loves to wallow in negativity. There's an old saying "Misery loves company, but company does not reciprocate". Translation: nobody likes to hang out with negative dillholes.

Is this another way of saying those that are negative aren't real fans? IALTO.

You guys can ignore "negative" posters. Then you can have the "positive" echo chamber you've always wanted.

Why some on here are so hellbent on being the judge, jury, and executioner and have the need to sentence PJ at this point in the season is really impulsive and mystifying to the average fan.

It's like when you meet a new girlfriend who is hotter than your last girlfriend. But she tells you she doesn't want to have sex with you until you're married.

You can complain all you want about how much sex your last girlfriend gave you. But it doesn't really apply.

A few of your buddies might share a beer with you and nod their head in agreement, but at the same time they are thinking, "Jesus Christ dude... I can't do anything about it, and in 15 months you might be getting laid by this model GF you're dating who loves you." It's hard for them to have much sympathy for you.

Your dad called, he'll be late to pick you up after recess. Mom said it's getting colder. Put your hood up and wear mittens, honey. Love you,

Fleck: “By 2019, I will be able to fix the issues, but we will be young."

Did you even read the story? Did you read where he is quoted on what the current players deserve?

I am guessing no.

You guys can ignore "negative" posters. Then you can have the "positive" echo chamber you've always wanted.

The negative posters, which seem to be the vast majority here, already have their own echo chamber that is the entirety of GopherTroll. I would love to have a positive echo chamber; but alas, that's impossible here.

The negative posters, which seem to be the vast majority here, already have their own echo chamber that is the entirety of GopherTroll. I would love to have a positive echo chamber; but alas, that's impossible here.

Says the guy who made fun of Jerry Kill's epilepsy and tried to defend it by saying it's OK because you have a disabled family member.
You vehemently defended yourself, saying anyone with a disability doesn't want to be treated any differently and would actually benefit from a class act like yourself mocking their malady. These are stone cold facts.
And you're worried about people who don't agree with everything Fleck does or says and need to keep their negative comments to themselves.
Too perfect.

I'm fine with people being critical of the team or coach, but what are you really hoping to accomplish?

Change all of our minds and we get a different coach?
Most have said we have to wait and haven't asked to fire PJ.

So we continue to hear the impatience and the disappointment for the juniors and seniors, etc.
"How do they feel?"

I don't know, but some left when PJ came here. Many threatened to leave before he was hired.
If they don't like it, they easily could have left by now.

It's like we're trying to rally together a bunch of people and find some players are upset so we can march to Mark Coyle's house to complain.

But what do we want done. Don't want to change the coach. Don't have any other solutions.
I guess 8 games ago we could have suggested the PJ try to coach exactly the same way as Kill and Claeys.
Doubt it would have been fruitful.

I get the commenting after the games about good play calls and bad and other coaching decisions. All fans do that, but many people really just seem disgruntled with PJ for whatever reasons and they just want to continue to tweak anyone who happens to think he's doing things the right way.

Let us know if there is further action that needs to be said other than:
"Coyle sucks"
"I don't like PJ"
"I don't think PJ is a good coaching coach"
"I'm not sure if he's even a good recruiter"
"We're winning less games than last year"

Says the guy who made fun of Jerry Kill's epilepsy and tried to defend it by saying it's OK because you have a disabled family member.
You vehemently defended yourself, saying anyone with a disability doesn't want to be treated any differently and would actually benefit from a class act like yourself mocking their malady. These are stone cold facts.
And you're worried about people who don't agree with everything Fleck does or says and need to keep their negative comments to themselves.
Too perfect.

Thank you for the kind words professional GopherTroller.

Did you even read the story? Did you read where he is quoted on what the current players deserve?

I am guessing no.

Do you pay attention? Yes, he likes to try and bandage up his ridiculous statements with what you want to hear. The same guy said last week: A bowl game this year does not matter. We are focused on way bigger things than a bowl game in year zero. Shoot me... I'm not going to look up the exact words...it's close enough...he has stopped using year zero, that was implied...wonder why? Naturally, he is going to say out of the other side of his mouth what the players deserve. That would be common sense. Just try to hear what he actually says and does in addition to saying the right things.

Does Demry Croft really need to hear from his coach how good Tanner Morgan will be next year when he needs all the confidence he can get right now? It's the 2017 season. Who does that serve in 2017? One person, PJ worried you might think he can't coach this year.

Jesus H. Christ...........

Fleck Also Was Quoted as Saying

For all the "who the hell cares about winning this year" guys P.J. also said this:

"While Fleck plans for the future, he’s focused on the present and winning two of the remaining four games to go to a bowl game.

“These seniors deserve to win,” Fleck said. “These seniors deserve to continue to be able to get everything out of everybody on this football team. That is my challenge, to bring everybody up to that level. … You are fighting for bowl eligibility, you are fighting for the seniors to end on the high notes, you are fighting with rivalry games. There is a lot to play for.”

He said the issues will be fixed by 2019. By 2020 we will be really good and in 2021 it will be amazing?

My interpretation based on his expectations - we win the west in 2019, college football playoff in 2020, and our 8th national championship in 2021.

For all the "who the hell cares about winning this year" guys P.J. also said this:

"While Fleck plans for the future, he’s focused on the present and winning two of the remaining four games to go to a bowl game.

“These seniors deserve to win,” Fleck said. “These seniors deserve to continue to be able to get everything out of everybody on this football team. That is my challenge, to bring everybody up to that level. … You are fighting for bowl eligibility, you are fighting for the seniors to end on the high notes, you are fighting with rivalry games. There is a lot to play for.”

Wow. PJ cares more about winning this year than I do.
I don't care that much, but good for coach to give it the old college try.

So do we care about results or not PJ? I honestly don't know how anyone could buy into anything this windbag says.

+1 Awesome!

Do you pay attention? Yes, he likes to try and bandage up his ridiculous statements with what you want to hear. The same guy said last week: A bowl game this year does not matter. We are focused on way bigger things than a bowl game in year zero. Shoot me... I'm not going to look up the exact words...it's close enough...he has stopped using year zero, that was implied...wonder why? Naturally, he is going to say out of the other side of his mouth what the players deserve. That would be common sense. Just try to hear what he actually says and does in addition to saying the right things.

Are you really that clueless? The statement below is pretty easy to follow along with.

Maybe the haters can join an Iowa board and vent your PJ hate on Brian Ferentz. Just pretend your are really letting Fleck have it while complaining about Iowa’s boring offense, ugly uniforms, and his boorish behavior.

We should have a board where you can't disagree or say anything bad about PJ or the losses either.

Maybe the haters can join an Iowa board and vent your PJ hate on Brian Ferentz. Just pretend your are really letting Fleck have it while complaining about Iowa’s boring offense, ugly uniforms, and his boorish behavior.

And the haters who keep telling people that winning games this year doesn't matter?

And the haters who keep telling people that winning games this year doesn't matter?
I think most of the Fleck supporters want to win as badly this year as those who despise Fleck. At least that is how I feel. Losing these 4 Big Ten games has been as disappointing as the losses last year.

I am guessing no.

The current players deserve feeling like wins do not matter in year zero. Even the seniors that need 6 to qualify for a bowl game.

Sorry, Steven Richardson and Jon Celestin.

He said the issues will be fixed by 2019. By 2020 we will be really good and in 2021 it will be amazing?

My interpretation based on his expectations - we win the west in 2019, college football playoff in 2020, and our 8th national championship in 2021.

Go to 8:50, watch and tell me this guy is anything more than a talking head > https://youtu.be/X3XNEab24kw How can anyone possibly say "this guy is nothing like brewster?"

Top Bottom