"A Quality Big 10 Quarterback"

Weber was a stud. Put him in any regime except Brewster and we might have had a heck of a year.

Quality QB in my opinion: Combo of . . .
Leading Team to wins
Leading a successful Offense
Could really spin it and/or really move it on the ground

I agree, Weber was a good one, as was Foggie.

Weber was a Big 10 quarterback.

You could also pose the question when was the last time we had a Big 10 quality receiver. KJ Maye was good but he was really undersized. Who in the last 4-6 years has been a really good Big 10 receiver? Wolitarsky was OK but he was slow footed.

Yeah, he did catch 51 in '11.

Maye caught 73 in '15. That's big time. Wolitarsky was good. He caught 33 in '15 and 66 in '16. Maxx Williams, Engel, Lingen caught 33 before he got hurt in '15; that's not a whole lot of performance.

If you're a High School Receiver with a number of options, why would you go the Gophers where they run first and recently, haven't had a QB who looks like he can get you the ball?

That's what worries me now.

georgia tech seems to find pretty good receivers.

Foggie was good because he could run and he threw a decent long ball that was helped by the defense coming up in case he ran. His best skill was throwing the ball into the turf behind the receiver in the flats! His accuracy sucked.

Leidner didn't have great lines in front of him. No Remington or Outland award winners or finalists to protect him like Weber had. A good offensive line makes for a great quarterback.

I'd pick Weber out of the lineup if I had to choose from this group.

georgia tech seems to find pretty good receivers.

Good one! :drink:

Calvin Thomas was great and Demayious Thomas has been good, but that's not how you bet. By the way, they both signed and played when Chan Gaily, not Paul Johnson was the Head Coach. Unlike Johnson, Gaily ran a very balanced offense for the Yellowjackets.

Much like all the great receivers that didn't come out of Navy, Oklahoma in the Wishbone years and teams running the Wing T, Tech now is a place where throwing 4-5 star High School Quarterbacks and their Wideouts do not want to go and play.

Luckily Fleck thinks along those same lines.

Any of those guys including Mitch would be a big step up.
Most of those guys were not only at least okay, they would work in this offense.
I'm not sure Cory S was more mobil than Connor R. But he was the guy throwing the ball to Omar Douglas. Probably the best long ball thrower on the list.
Almost all of those guys could make this offense work a lot better than it is.
Not sure Cupito would fit this offense, but he was fine with Mase's passing game.
As far as Foggie goes i hope you have some basis for what otherwise are gratuitous insults. Since he played in Canada for years, I assume he could remember a few plays.

Foggie was good because he could run and he threw a decent long ball that was helped by the defense coming up in case he ran. His best skill was throwing the ball into the turf behind the receiver in the flats! His accuracy sucked.

Leidner didn't have great lines in front of him. No Remington or Outland award winners or finalists to protect him like Weber had. A good offensive line makes for a great quarterback.

I'd pick Weber out of the lineup if I had to choose from this group.

Weber didn't have those, either. He had bad offensive lines.

Top Bottom