I hope it is okay to post something positive

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The entire team went onto the field to wave to the kids in the children's hospital.

Actually, a number of good things happened in this game.

We just didn't get the win.

I was at the game at it was great waving to the kids! Tremendous. to see the team wave too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I continue to see improvement on defense. Then again, Iowa's offense looks slightly less inept than the Gophers did so hard to say for sure.

Great thread. Terrible thread title. Just because GiI complains everytime someone is negative doesn't mean he should assume others will complain if he is positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread. Terrible thread title. Just because GiI complains everytime someone is negative doesn't mean he should assume others will complain if he is positive.

Relax, it was tongue in cheek.

The kids thing is cool.

To go outside the game, I think what our team is doing with Children's Masonic is really cool as well.

I'm going to list a couple positives as well.
(If you already hate PJ for whatever reason, feel free to skip)

1. Croft appeared better in the 2nd half than the first. Seemed like he was starting to get a little more comfortable in his 5th half as starter of the season.
2. Defense played well.
3. The freshman DB's / Safeties are doing a good job.
4. Another good close game. It sucks that we're losing all of these, but we've been in everyone. They've been entertaining to watch down to the final minutes. I remember years when that wasn't the case this frequently.
5. Feels like brighter days are ahead.

Positives: Trust the process, the coaches. The players who will be back next year are learning. We are getting more talent infusion.

I also liked this move...thought it was classy IMO. However, isn't this "Iowa's thing", it's their place and their fans there...do you think anyone wouldn't think it was classy? Just curious, I thought it was great though.

Your post sounds like complaining to me....

Your post sounds like complaining to me....

Well, Josh, that's because it was. What it wasn't was complaining about a positive post, but rather a complaint against GiI's never ending mission to stop negative posts that "real fans" wouldn't do. Sorry, I wasn't trying to trick anyone.

Well, Josh, that's because it was. What it wasn't was complaining about a positive post, but rather a complaint against GiI's never ending mission to stop negative posts that "real fans" wouldn't do. Sorry, I wasn't trying to trick anyone.

Not sure why you decided to make that your mission in life on GH. But OK.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

We had a big family gathering for the game last night and I wish the game would have been a little more exciting. My mom who is 86 and has a little dementia asked if the fans waved at the Children's Hospital during the whole game :)

First of all, it was a joke. You don't think this place is pretty negative after a loss?

Secondly, I've never said anything about real fans. Stop making things up.

Thirdly, I've said time and time again that I understand why some people don't like Fleck. He's not for everyone. I generally will give coaches the benefit of the doubt, at least early on. So yes, I will probably defend him more than many others. But I have been critical of the coaching staff at times. What I don't like is when people make things up or exaggerate things to try to get their point across.

i thought the effort and the level of physical play by the defense, that aspect I was impressed with the Gophers. O-line play seemed to improve too, need more wide-outs that can get separation on there routes and the QB needs a lot more game experience. One thing I would like to see is for Croft when he slides up to take off running more when nothing is open down field. Get out of bounds or slide down, he can protect himself. Croft he is a fast guy as evidenced by a few of his runs, would like to see him utilize his legs a little bit more. Thought coaches made adjustments that were necessary as a game went on. If you can say the team improved even though they lost, I thought the Gophers improved there level of play compared to last week. More speed, more recruits it will come together for the Gophers down the road, I see some light at the end of the tunnel for the Gophers.

Top Bottom