Former Gopher John Shevlin: outside of a couple of plays, team is on the right track

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I remain optimistic for the long haul but this team is more than a couple of plays away from the right track. They are brutal and boring to watch this season.

I remain optimistic for the long haul but this team is more than a couple of plays away from the right track. They are brutal and boring to watch this season.

Totally agree completely boring to watch but that has been the point except for maybe a couple years in the last 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Shevlin - haven't heard that name in a while! A good player, but an even better name

Just a QB would have helped a lot.

Another year of Mitch may have been many folks nightmares by the way they talk, but also would be a few more Ws.

You're wrong. A few plays in our favor and we are easily at 5-6 wins this season.

Yeah it's not sky is falling time. We've all been through a couple of those under new coaches.

This doesn't look like a coach who has lost the players, team over their head, etc. It looks like an old fashioned case of a program taking a small step back amidst a new coaching staff, new QBs, and a few close losses.

It's not that far to turning close losses into close wins with a couple new or improved players at important positions.

And except for the losses, we're undefeated. But I don't think it really works that way.

I am absolutely optimistic. We WILL be better next year, and we will be much better the following year. Let's look at it from the IOAW perspective.... The most tenured coach (in his 19th year at IOAW), barely beat (and should have lost to) a FIRST year head coach at Minnesota. At home. He's also one of the highest paid coaches in the B1G and under contract through 2026 If I'm IOAW, I'm enjoying Floyd now, because his days in IOAW city are numbered.

Top Bottom