McCrary

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Did not follow the "In Game Thread."

Was I the only one yelling put in McCrary?

Not saying it would have definitively changed the outcome...but certainly might have been worth a few more 3rd down conversions and maybe 7 points.

I was also wondering why he wasn't getting any carries. Seems to me he would bulldoze through them!

Was fleck dishonest with his promise of more carries?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't know if they feel they are deceiving guys by running different guys but I can't imagine that's it but.... yeah I wonder the same thing.

He might not be ELITE in all phases of his life. However, I noticed he is one of the captains so I would think he is.

This was really frustrating. He might be the best RB we have. But it's hard to tell, because we've only seen him get quality playing time once.

His ceiling is the lowest of the three. His floor might be the highest of the three in the run game.

In the pass game he is probably the third best.
There are times I wish he would get more carries. But in general two coaching staffs have thought he was the third Best back. I tend to agree with the two coaching staffs.

Smith had 15 carries for 82 yards.
Brooks had 9 carries for 40 yards.
McCrary had 7 carries for 22 yards.

McCrary was utilized more late which you could rationalize as smart if your job is to run through guys, probably easier to run through when they are tired. Not bad distribution for the three.

McCrary looked good on his pass reception. I too wanted to see him get more plays. I think he is best used when the QB is under center and they didn’t run many plays with that formation which was probably part of a bigger scheme for the game.

Smith had 15 carries for 82 yards.
Brooks had 9 carries for 40 yards.
McCrary had 7 carries for 22 yards.

McCrary was utilized more late which you could rationalize as smart if your job is to run through guys, probably easier to run through when they are tired. Not bad distribution for the three.

Yeah, I was thinking this was pretty clearly the gameplan, especially considering he took the first series of the 2nd half. Problem was that the Gophers were behind the entire game and not really able to lean on McCrary in smashmouth time to close things out.

Did not follow the "In Game Thread."

Was I the only one yelling put in McCrary?

Not saying it would have definitively changed the outcome...but certainly might have been worth a few more 3rd down conversions and maybe 7 points.

I would like to have seen him when 4th and inches near the Iowa goal - instead of the Woz pass debacle. Also, he should be playing more, rotating with the others.

Top Bottom