STrib: Carlie Wagner is still the go-to scorer for Gophers women's basketball

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Carlie Wagner started her Gophers basketball career playing sidekick roles to All-Americas Amanda Zahui B. and Rachel Banham.

But after a breakout season as Minnesota’s leading scorer last season, Wagner has now put herself in position to go down as one of the top three scorers in Gophers women’s basketball history.

“I’m only in that situation because of the teammates I’ve had,” Wagner said Saturday at media day. “The teammates who have helped me grow.”

Just by duplicating her output in 2016-17, the senior guard from New Richland, Minn., would finish her career with more than 2,100 points, which would place her behind only Banham and Lindsay Whalen on the Gophers career scoring list.

Pretty select company.

“Carlie doesn’t really look at it individually so much; she would give all that to go back to an NCAA tournament,” coach Marlene Stollings said. “But she does have the opportunity to go down as one of the great scorers to ever come through here.”

http://www.startribune.com/carlie-w...rer-for-gophers-women-s-basketball/453922213/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom